Sign in to follow this  
b737800

ALPHA (fka Tech Alpha 2) Invite Emails

Some were having issues......

For me, it worked by uninstalling the 1st alpha to make sure everything was clean.

I went to the insider home and selected the (presumably) new alpha. (show in store)

Once in the windows store, which listed the product as owned, I went to downloads and updates

I choose get updates and selected install from there.

Which worked when other methods resulted in a hang

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

WOW its a massive 68GB install.  Guess Ill not be flying tonight then.

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

16 minutes ago, BaronKen said:

How did you get it to run Bill? I cannot get it working either.

Oddly enough when I got tired of watching the little blue circle spinning, I closed that window only to find another open underneath waiting for ME to respond...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 minutes ago, Stephen Simpson said:

But wait! There's more to come in yet another download of similar size...

Fr. Bill    

12 minutes ago, Stephen Simpson said:

That's actually smaller than the first install

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Please be careful. Some of these comments could be construed to be borderline NDA breaking. I'd hate to see anyone getting kicked out.

• Upvote 2

Not a bit, nor byte, not even a nibble! :biggrin:

Fr. Bill    

2 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Oddly enough when I got tired of watching the little blue circle spinning, I closed that window only to find another open underneath waiting for ME to respond...

I should be clear, I haven't been accepted (yet) for testing, but I simply cannot get the Insider Hub to run without getting an error message. Despite uninstalling and installing again multiple times... I wondered what you found to correct the issue?

Ken

I chose this last time to completely ignore the emailed instructions and just typed "Xbox Insider Hub" into Edge, and ran the installer from there.

I think the link they emailed was to an older version because it kept telling me to search for an update when then consistently failed and took be in a circle back to where I just was.

Fr. Bill    

On 1/30/2020 at 11:20 PM, azulkb said:

why the fake one ?

if tou take a look at reddit, few only can download, and for all, nobody receive second email with instruction, and the download is not complete....

better to wait the second email, and after launch the xbox insider hub....

and secondly regional, because US are positive actualy....  the deploy can take few days, need to be patient. the original plan was to send between the 27th and the 31st. as it's obviously only starting (according to the reddited posts) now, well it's not all going to start this day

Definetely in 

my rig specs: i7-7770k@4.5Ghz -  Asus Maximus IX Formula - 32Gb DDR4 - GeFoorce Asus Strix 1070Ti - 1 Tb Kingston SSD - Track IR5 - Oculus Rift S - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek Rudder Pedals - 

Edited by Strale64

So I decided to post this as it took me a while to figure out what was going on with my insider account. My previous xbox user name was showing up on the insider hub; different from the one I use on my PC. I had to launch the xbox console companion, sign out of my xbox user name, and then re-login with my pc's microsoft user name. After doing this and then re opening the insider hub, it displayed the correct pc user name and then I was able to find the alpha. I've never really used these xbox apps on pc before so hope this info may help someone in a similar situation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, n4gix said:

Not a bit, nor byte, not even a nibble! :biggrin:

I'm not to sure about that. I don't know for sure specifically for this software but most NDA's state everything about what you are doing should be kept confidential. You may want to take a look at the fine details not the few general sentences I saw on here a day or so ago about photo's, video's and features, etc.

Edited by tpete61

So upset that I've not been accepted to participate (along with thousands of others)....every time I see a new screenshot or video it makes me feel so jealous that others are flying around and hopefully enjoying the sim!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1