Sign in to follow this  
b737800

ALPHA (fka Tech Alpha 2) Invite Emails

3 minutes ago, darrenkarp said:

So upset that I've not been accepted to participate (along with thousands of others)....every time I see a new screenshot or video it makes me feel so jealous that others are flying around and hopefully enjoying the sim!

I find it excruciating. But then I remember the anticipation / hype will be even stronger once the release comes. I can’t imagine how I’m going to feel when I fire it up for the first time. I’m planning a new high spec PC build with 1440p or 4K monitor just for it, with a new nvidia gen 3000 series card, a latest gen CPU and a Honeycomb yoke. Looking forward to this moment more than testing the alpha actually. 

• Like 1

I got my acceptance email last night! However no Alpha in the Insider Hub.

Figures

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

47 minutes ago, h2egc said:

I got my acceptance email last night!

Wait - Alpha invitation email or the email with instructions on how to download? Sending of invitations was supposed to have been finished by January 27th. Any chance you're confusing the two emails or you received it earlier and only noticed now?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

14 hours ago, ShabbyLeo said:

So I decided to post this as it took me a while to figure out what was going on with my insider account. My previous xbox user name was showing up on the insider hub; different from the one I use on my PC. I had to launch the xbox console companion, sign out of my xbox user name, and then re-login with my pc's microsoft user name. After doing this and then re opening the insider hub, it displayed the correct pc user name and then I was able to find the alpha. I've never really used these xbox apps on pc before so hope this info may help someone in a similar situation.

Yes, testers must use the same Microsoft Account as they joined fsinsider.

Otherwise, the download won't show up in Xbox Insider Hub.

The Xbox Insider account must be the one linked to the Microsoft Account used to join fsinsider.

Edited by Emerson67

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

Wait - Alpha invitation email or the email with instructions on how to download? Sending of invitations was supposed to have been finished by January 27th. Any chance you're confusing the two emails or you received it earlier and only noticed now?

Jan 31, 2020, 2:24 PM
subject: Microsoft Flight Simulator Cleared for Take-off

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

13 hours ago, flight2020 said:

It's OK. I have Alpha in Insider Hub.

22 & 31 January ... Are unforgettable days forever.

Yes, the nightmare continues.

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

2 hours ago, h2egc said:

I haven't been invited so far so I don't know what the subject lines of the emails are. Is this the invitation to the Alpha?

I'm asking because the invitations were sent until January 27th. If you got your invite last night it seems there are invitations that haven't made it out yet for whatever reason which would suggest those that haven't been invited should still keep their eyes on their inbox. Would be strange though.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I haven't been invited so far so I don't know what the subject lines of the emails are. Is this the invitation to the Alpha?

I'm asking because the invitations were sent until January 27th. If you got your invite last night it seems there are invitations that haven't made it out yet for whatever reason which would suggest those that haven't been invited should still keep their eyes on their inbox. Would be strange though.

looks lika dis'

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 minutes ago, threegreen said:

The invitations have the subject "Congratulations Insider".

Okay, thanks.

I wonder how long until insider & tester forums will be live?

I already have a lot to say. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 5:12 PM, h2egc said:

Yeah,I am in the same situation. Received the second email with instructions, but the FS alpha does not appear in Xbox Insider Hub. I verified everything - same Microsoft Account, same gamertag.

Also, I do not see the Alpha forums on the Forums section on MSFS Insider website. 

At the end of their second email there was a support email link - I sent a support ticket, still waiting for their reply. 

My guess is that they allow access to the Alpha build in waves. And I have no problem with that, just would be nice of them to send a reply email confirming my suspicions. I am prepared to wait patiently 🙂 

6 minutes ago, ShabbyLeo said:

I'm guessing you have already tried signing out and back in with the companion app?

I have, although the first time I signed in into the companion app it was already with the correct Microsoft Account (I have one account which I use for windows, office, MSFS Insider website, etc.)

In any case, the link to join the FS Alpha build should appear not in the companion app, but in the Xbox Insider hub (to which I am signed in with the same correct account, the gamertag visible on the first screen is the same from MSFS Insider website). 

Hopefully, its as I am thinking, and they just allow the access in waves (my guess also is that its not Asobo's decision, but Microsoft's). Although, they state that they can always kick the user out of their Insider program/Alpha testing program, etc., without any notice in advance. Hope its not true in my case 🙂