Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
b737800

ALPHA (fka Tech Alpha 2) Invite Emails

Recommended Posts

Folks can try to piece the acceptance puzzle together until they are blue in the face, but it's more than likely never going to be pieced together.

I've beta tested every MS flightsim since FS2000 and I have not gotten the invite. This is Alpha. There is a long way to go before release, so not getting in at Alpha doesn't mean you won't get in at Beta if they decide to open it to the insider folks (which I would guess they will).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Baber20 said:

About to give up aswell. Hopefully there'll be an open beta so we can try it before release. This crazy lotto invitation system is a trainwreck. People who registered wayyyy after me got accepted. I am not even mad right now. Just lmao at my pathetic luck and this entire fiasco.

Why is it a fiasco? Some people are in some are out. Keep enjoying what you already have for now. Microsoft has a method for picking people we don't know what it is, many people are speculating however. We can see it is probably not based on the order of when people registered. I don't see how many are venting because they weren't picked. Kind of crazy.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tpete61 said:

I don't see how many are venting because they weren't picked. Kind of crazy.

 

Said it a couple of times before but I will say it again. Some of us are word not allowed off because we believe it is highly unfair to us that they selected people who registered AFTER us and then went as far as to open the registration again so that our chances of getting selected get further lowered as the pool size increases because it is very obvious now that not getting selected DOES NOT increase your luck points of getting selected in future waves. And that is why this entire selection process is a fiasco. 

  • Like 2

Baber

 

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, b737800 said:

Today's (Friday) emails might not have started yet. I got mine 22 hours ago as part of their Thursday batch.

What can I say you are right 


Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 2080 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Said it a couple of times before but I will say it again. Some of us are word not allowed off because we believe it is highly unfair to us that they selected people who registered AFTER us and then went as far as to open the registration again so that our chances of getting selected get further lowered as the pool size increases because it is very obvious now that not getting selected DOES NOT increase your luck points of getting selected in future waves. And that is why this entire selection process is a fiasco. 

Entitled much?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my invite and am shocked.  I enrolled day one for Tech Alpha 1.  I have an 8770K, 1080TI and 64 gigs RAM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point being shocked means getting in with 16gb of ram 😛

Anyway, remember what they said, at some point every insider will try it.  They never said in which wave or testing phase it is, but we gotta be hopeful 😛 If it fails oh well, if the game is worth it we'll see with our own eyes once it's released 🙂

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

At this point being shocked means getting in with 16gb of ram 😛

Anyway, remember what they said, at some point every insider will try it.  They never said in which wave or testing phase it is, but we gotta be hopeful 😛 If it fails oh well, if the game is worth it we'll see with our own eyes once it's released 🙂

With game release every insider will try it, of course...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind waiting 6 months to test an Alpha/Beta...but what I'm not a fan of is being told "sign up to the Alpha" on every update & press video and then a complete lack of transparency over who gets into the first few waves.

Asobo if you're reading this then all I'm saying is that a bit of transparency will go a long way to calm the frustrations of those of us who are not in (yet) !

Edited by highflyer2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting as to why, just because people have signed up as Alpha testers, they think that MS/Asobo is obliged to appoint them.

 

This forum has really become a Pity Party, for those that are upset that their 64GB ram entitles them to be selected as a game tester.

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Robin


"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Asobo if you're reading this then all I'm saying is that a bit of transparency will go a long way to calm the frustrations of those of us who are not in (yet) !

Well if they confirmed that they prefer users with 32GB RAM, everyone would rush to upgrade their systems, resubmit the DxDiag files, and even change their answers in case they revealed their criteria regarding the survey questions. It really wouldn't be healthy for the testing programme. By the looks of it there are tons of people who signed up for the Tech Alpha, so even if anyone meets said criteria, it does not guarantee access which would frustrate them even more. There has to be some randomisation at play. Though at this point, I think it would be fair to prioritise those who signed up during the first recruitment process (which started four and a half months ago), and since they are converging all Tech Alpha builds into one, to not open another recruitment process for quite a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

IThis forum has really become a Pity Party, for those that are upset that their 64GB ram entitles them to be selected as a game tester.

NO IT AINT  !!    😩

 

Never 😪

 

NOT I  😥😫

 

 


                 P3D-v5x  RULES

                                       Allen  Lavigne    in   Canada

27.jpg


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

This forum has really become a Pity Party, 

It's understandable.  There is a lot of excitement here for the new sim and many of us want to help with it's development and see it for ourselves.  We want to be part of the community who is currently flying in the new sim and bug testing it, not on the outside.

For those of us who have not gotten in yet, despite many of us signing up on day one, yes we are disappointed.  Rejection is never a fun experience in life.

The pity party is understandable in my opinion.

Edited by Mengy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you guys have so much anxiety by not being included YET. You do realize that there is a lot more testing to be done before release don't you? 

I suspect everyone that applied so far is in a randomized pool and I feel like your number will come up eventually. Have a little faith. 🙋

  • Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

 $Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Well if they confirmed that they prefer users with 32GB RAM, everyone would rush to upgrade their systems, resubmit the DxDiag files, and even change their answers in case they revealed their criteria regarding the survey questions. It really wouldn't be healthy for the testing programme. By the looks of it there are tons of people who signed up for the Tech Alpha, so even if anyone meets said criteria, it does not guarantee access which would frustrate them even more. There has to be some randomisation at play. Though at this point, I think it would be fair to prioritise those who signed up during the first recruitment process (which started four and a half months ago), and since they are converging all Tech Alpha builds into one, to not open another recruitment process for quite a while.

Makes me wonder how people have submitted fake DXDiag files to show 32GB of ram instead of actually going out and buying ram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    22%
    $5,550.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...