Sign in to follow this  
Paulvanuf

How to integrate the GTN in the 3D cockpit?

Hi,

I own the heli X-rotors AW139 and use the GTN750 a lot. But I would like to build it with full functionality in the 3D cockpit. There is non used space in the cockpit where it should fit.

Where can I find instructions how to do this?

Thx in advance...

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

I simply don't see, why you don't reply?

Did I mention something wrong?

Stupid question?????@RXP

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

Is it Paul?  
As another sim user (but not Xplane) I might point out that help with your question here would be more a function of help from other Xplane users who have taken a stab at it with that model and succeeded to some extent or another.  The lack of response indicates to me that none have.  I recommend you contact X-rotors for support with this endeavor.  Their panel is likely hard-coded into the model so they might need to design and incorporate a specific bezel to accommodate the GTN.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thx both.

Having said this, it is nonetheless possible but it is just not 'user-accessible' (i.e. a 'placement tool' of some sort). For example there is a well known user-made full 3D integration:

I own a heli which has this integration. That is why a dared to ask...

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

This would depend which heli is it, whether designed with a RXP option from the get go, or a mod. For the later then it depends whether there was already an 'area' to paint onto (int he panel.png 'texture space') (could be the case of the famous Bell heli for X-Plane) or the mod went beyond and added custom made .obj with custom panel.png mapping.

I wish X-Plane devs would just implement the capability for plugins to add any rendering surface at runtime, and believe me, we're a bunch of developers asking for this, but I guess it is not in the highest priority list for the SDK for now...

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)