Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

Combo VoxAtc / Traffic Global

After having tried different offline Atc and Traffic, I will share with you my last experiment: Vox Atc with Traffic Global. 

I am pleasantly surprised how well this works, I just did a few flights around the world and it gave a real Immersion. 

1. VoxAtc generates its own traffic from Traffic Global, when I was at EHAM it really was crowded like in real life.

2. Voxatc uses multiple runways for landing and takeoff and landing I don’t have to want for 20 other aircraft at EHAM before taking off like I had with the Ultimate Traffic Live / Pro Atc combination.

3. The Voice recognition works really well put of the box.

4. The vectoring is so much better then default ATC.

5. It uses navigraph also, only negative is thatching doesn’t read the Transition Altitude / TL from the airac.

Since I have a little sun, I it more difficult to fly online via Ivao / Vatsim bit this is a good alternative. You can also use it with AIG traffic but I found that the “one click installer” is not there, you have to login to different sites and download all the airlines, it is quite a annoying process. With Traffic Global it is a “one click installer”. The power is the combination of the two programs. I don’t know if all the airlines are on exact schedule but I don’t care about that, I just want a believable environment!

I tested it on EHAM / VHHH / VOMM / FIMP / RJCC 

Gr.

Robert

Edited by rob0203

Robert--do you have any ORBX scenery installed?  I ask this because the last time I installed Traffic Global there were many, many conflicts with ORBX, so I uninstalled TG, as I really like ORBX.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

6 hours ago, rob0203 said:

only negative is thatching doesn’t read the Transition Altitude / TL from the airac.

robert

there are parameters in Vox's "appdata" in a file named VASettings.xml ( at RegionCultures) where you can set local or regional TA's (& inferred TL's).

more on this & other features at avsim's voxatc forum.

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, vp49p3 said:

Robert--do you have any ORBX scenery installed?  I ask this because the last time I installed Traffic Global there were many, many conflicts with ORBX, so I uninstalled TG, as I really like ORBX.

No issues here with Orbx an TG ( flying in EU )

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I have no Orbx airports only FTX global and LC, I know you can adjust the transition altitude but that is a global setting. In Europe and rest of the world every airport has a different TA / TL unlike the USA 18000

gr. 

Robert

Edited by rob0203

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

gr.

do you need more on this ??

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

Yes, i know you can adjust it, but VoxAtc doesn't automatically read the transition altitude out of the Airac or does it?

robert

is there any "simming" airac that contains ta/tl data to use ...... not in the LDS airac.

for now, cheers

john martin

As I told before I used the combi Pro Atc with Ultimate traffic live but I like the combi with VoxAtc / Global Traffic much better now because of the better vectoring / voice recognition / multiple runways etc so I used this now.

The only thing with Pro Atc is that they seem to get the right Transition altitudes right so maybe you should ask Navigraph to include it someway in their LevelD airac? I don’t know where they get that data? Navigraph does has the data on the charts, Transition Levels are most the time +1000 TA not all the time sometimes local qnh related, but something like +1000 would make it really realistic

Gr.

Robert

PATC's airac is the LDS airac (just rebranded) ..... the TA data is from another source & not updated.

with both vox & patc, you need to define relevant geographic areas as to what altimiter / comm terms are used, but with vox you can also add "correct" TA data.

for now, cheers

john martin

Ok thanks for all the help, I will have a look into it!

Edited by rob0203