Sign in to follow this  
charlie130

PBR flight deck

I was just wondering which aircraft simulation add on has the most realistic  looking flight deck? Now PBR is filtering in to Prepared, who is doing the best looking cockpit. By "best" I am referring to a visual look that appears real, as opposed to painted, drawn or cartoon like in appearance.

I have been watching the MSFS 2020 videos and must say they appear to have some impressive looking cockpits. Although I have only seen the Robin and TBM models.

Any thoughts?

Leonardo Maddog 82 83 88. 

The NGXu is also PBR I believe

Those two are my favorite.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

9 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Leonardo Maddog 82 83 88. 

Those two are my favorite.

Yes, the NGXu attracted my attention. I bought the FSX 737 way back, still have the redownload code, but it's no use in P3dv4.5, it being the FSX version. I don't fancy spending £70 on the updated PBR, P3d4.5 version though!

I do have the 747 Queen of the Skies. It's a couple of years old and works fine from P3d4.3 to 4.5. Strangely, I look at the flight deck and see bits that look decidedly dated. Obviously it's the older rendered flight deck. Perhaps if I re downloaded and reinstalled, I would get the PBR version? 

If I look at other platforms, DCS for example, they are updating their cockpits with some amazing high definition switches and instruments. 

Whilst I know these, to some, are just eye candy, to me it extends the suspension of disbelief. Makes me more able to think I'm in a flight deck, rather than a game.😯

The PMDG NGXu VC is really good. Shame about the lighting in it but the PBR is stunning.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

21 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The PMDG NGXu VC is really good. Shame about the lighting in it but the PBR is stunning.

Do you mean the instrument lighting/panel lighting, or the way the flight deck looks? 

I wonder if they've re done the QotS? Well, only way to find out is to reinstall the PBR version! 

14 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

Do you mean the instrument lighting/panel lighting, or the way the flight deck looks? 

I wonder if they've re done the QotS? Well, only way to find out is to reinstall the PBR version! 

The MCP lighting is totally wrong and the dome lights are well, interesting to say the least. The other lighting is fine but imo people report bad FPS with dome lights on, imo it’s because there using other “ lights” other than just 2 light that dome lighting should come from.

To the point I made a mod to correct it and has not only made the VC look how it should but is lite on FPS.

if you wish to look https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/24305-pmdg-ngxu-mcp-and-dome-light-mod/&tab=comments#comment-185387

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Only a very small part of it. A developer was able to show me a couple screens of the break down.  Like the yoke and a couple other parts are PBR the rest is spec layer.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

The aerosoft a330 cockpit looks stunning with PBR. If only the FSL A32X had it as well, was expecting it with the A321 but unfortunately it doesn't, strange choice by the developers as they strive to make it best system feature wise but seem to lack effort in making it present equally well visually.

6 hours ago, ChrisDa said:

Where can I find the .ini file ?? The download link says it is unavailable.

I would like to give it a try.

Its at the bottom of the post.

40 minutes ago, ChrisDa said:

Doh !!  Wasn't logged in !

Hope you Enjoy Chris.

3 hours ago, him225 said:

The aerosoft a330 cockpit looks stunning with PBR. If only the FSL A32X had it as well, was expecting it with the A321 but unfortunately it doesn't, strange choice by the developers as they strive to make it best system feature wise but seem to lack effort in making it present equally well visually.

apparently there will be a full slideshow)))

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

The PMDG NGXu will be in MSFS 2020 as NGX 3. The NGXu certainly looks like it's a high quality PBR textured model. With the icing modelling in MSFS, it will be very interesting. Although the icing model was fully included in the FSX PMDG Jetstream....people forgot? 🤭 Pity the "special offer" ended! Buy the NGXu and get the NGX3 for MSFS 2020 for £20.

The flight deck textures in the 747-8 aren't that much different to the base 747, which in turn are not much different to FSX. Seems the PBR on the 747-8 was limited to the exterior textures, pity?

Cheers

What about FSL A320? That's planned to be my next purchase...

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]