Sign in to follow this  
pmb

MFS at FSExpo 2020?

According to FSElite 

https://fselite.net/news/37-confirmed-exhibitors-announced-so-far-for-flightsimexpo-2020/

there will be one and only one simulator officially be presented at FSEXpo 2020 Las Vegas. It's X-Plane and I already imagine Austin in his enchanting style on stage. No mention of MFS. No mention of P3D either.

Of course, that's a preliminary announcement and MS and LM might just have missed the term.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

8 minutes ago, pmb said:

It's X-Plane and I already imagine Austin in his enchanting style on stage. No mention of MFS. No mention of P3D either.

It's a gentlemen after all. 🙂

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

They do that 10 days after the E3 😄 ! A difficult choice for MS : should we go to E3 or to the Elite’s exhibition ? ‘Nuff said.

Most of the top-tier developers are not in the list.  What can a vendor expect these days of such a niche exhibition eludes me. To meet a couple of thousands of visitors from the area looking for on-the-floor bargains ? Gather its employees for a few days of fun in Vegas  as a reward for their good work ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

No reason why they can't do both. Microsoft are not exactly short of money, and a presence at FSExpo would do a lot to show that they are interested in the flight simulation community, and not just the "whizz bang crash wallop" XBox crowd.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I recall even shy LM was at an earlier FSExpo (or its predecessor) with a (pale) guy participating in a panel discussion.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Kind of feel sorry for the organisers. The event will have been booked a while ago (likely before the first MSFS announcement) and I can imagine that, unless things change very quickly) many people will not want to spend the time and money to go to an Expo where many of the major questions cannot be answered.

$80 per head seems a bit steep too, although I've not been to an FS expo for 14 years and I think I paid in camels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

No reason why they can't do both. Microsoft are not exactly short of money, and a presence at FSExpo would do a lot to show that they are interested in the flight simulation community, and not just the "whizz bang crash wallop" XBox crowd.

E3 is not console only. And all console games are not FPS or the like. I don’t have a console but I play on my PC games which also are on console and are quite interesting. The discrimination between the inarticulate pleb (the « whizz bang crash wallop » crowd) on consoles and a game nobility on PC does not make sense to me.

The best ways for MS to show their interest are to deliver the best sim they can and continue on their policy of openness. And all what we have seen so far is more convincing than any chapel-like exhibition.

After having followed on the web three or four of these flightsim exhibitions, I am not sure they do anything useful for the community at-large. I don’t learn anything that I wouldn’t otherwise. If vendors want to inform  me of anything they should take example on Asobo’s open policy. Better than any exhibition.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The thing is. Does MS need FSExpo, or FSExpo needs MS?

Also, MS is giving us all the info online, while the important announcements are made at big gaming events. Maybe for June we don’t need more conferences, who knows. 

Edited by aleex
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

They have already sold it to the simmers reading this forum more important now to get the XBOX gamers on board, that's where the real money will be made free games with in game addon purchases that end up being a multi million dollar industry.

And are used to subscription games pass, Asobo were already on the game console before MSFS.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

28 minutes ago, aleex said:

The thing is. Does MS needs FSExpo, or FSExpo needs MS?

Also, MS is giving us all the info online, while the important announcements are made at big gaming events. Maybe for June we don’t need more conferences, who knows. 

Right? Like 99% of the simmers don't even go the FSExpo (distance, price or just not interested to see the news in person).

It's easier to share the news online. There are a lot of ways to reach your costumers through the social media. I'd prefer to see news the whole year, like they are doing now with their updates then waiting a year to see them on a Expo. Not saying the Expo is bad, but saying they need to go if they want to "show that they are interested in the flight simulation community" is too much.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Then maybe we don't need conspiracy theories.

The first strategy is to expand the simmer community, and it's not in events exclusively dedicated to simmers that you will succeed.

Then, to enlarge this community, it should not be seen as an evil but as a good, more simmers = more purchases = lower hardware costs of some equipment.

And finally, there is already the X19, there is the E3, there is the preparation of alpha builds, plus many feedbacks, as they said "a lot of work". 

Edited by azulkb

Yeah, it would have been a nice sign if they attended. Do we need it? No. Maybe not even so bad. So the smaller projects have more space presenting themselves and their goals.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Wait...wait. I mean it's not like they haven't done quite a lot to prove otherwise...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

If as it's generally believed that MSFS will be released in the run up to the Christmas holidays 2020, IMO Cosford Flight Sim 2020 might be in a better position to host MS as everything should be about ready for the title launch. June is just too early for them (MS) at present.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 hours ago, pmb said:

I recall even shy LM was at an earlier FSExpo (or its predecessor) with a (pale) guy participating in a panel discussion.

Kind regards, Michael

This has nothing to do, the commercial stakes are not the same. The international video games press is at E3 unlike the Fsexpo.

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case