Sign in to follow this  
pmb

MFS at FSExpo 2020?

5 minutes ago, rjfry said:

PR for MSFS that's already done most here will buy it tomorrow whatever state it`s in they don't need to sell it to the flight sim community.

But they do need the gamers on board if possible for future development (cash).

No, no PR for the Expo not for MFS. Think of how much more appealing the Expo would be to those on the fence about going if all attends got a chance to get the new sim a week or two prior to release. This year should really be themed as the year for new sims with the possiblities of Xplane12, P3Dv5 and Deadstick all being released this year on top of MFS.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ident said:

No, no PR for the Expo not for MFS. Think of how much more appealing the Expo would be to those on the fence about going if all attends got a chance to get the new sim a week or two prior to release. This year should really be themed as the year for new sims with the possiblities of Xplane12, P3Dv5 and Deadstick all being released this year on top of MFS.

So your saying the organisers of FSExpo have the clout to tell MS to let the show attendees to get MSFS before anybody else.

Most simmers cant afford to attend the flights alone cost a lot.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

14 minutes ago, rjfry said:

So your saying the organisers of FSExpo have the clout to tell MS to let the show attendees to get MSFS before anybody else.

Most simmers cant afford to attend the flights alone cost a lot.

Thats not how it works. No one tells anyone anything. They approach them with an idea. I use to own a skateshop. I wanted Tony Hawk to preform at a contest and demo. I paid for him and his travels. I got Disney to donate the resort room. I got a limo to donate the car service. I raffled off 9 seats to ride in the limo with him to arrive at the event. MFS is already providing a kinda first look at the sim to us hardcore simmers. If its going to be downloaded, this is a great way for them to spin some great PR, and at the same time somewhat phaze in the sim without an almost open flood gate upon release where it take a huge hit to their servers and user experience. Its all about approaching it with an angle where everyone wins.

Or yeah, FSExpo has the clout to tell MS to do things. Sounds solid. 

Microsoft are a big enough company that they can just put on their own event, and the media will all turn up.  Much like their September preview, where they just paid all expenses to bring the community to them.  And even that would garner ten times the mainstream press that FSExpo would get.

It's the same reason they announced MSFS at E3 versus something like FSExpo - it's an exponentially bigger stage.

• Like 2

I would like to think that any appearance of Microsoft/Asobo at shows like FSExpo and Cosford would have less to do with money and PR, and more to do with respect for the hardcore flight simulation community.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Entitled, much? Customers are customers.

• Like 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Respect for the hardcore simmers?

Really!! are we considering ourselves elitists now?

Remember, MS is also targeting the hundreds of thousands Xbox gamers as well, Far bigger numbers than simmers, so THAT's where the so-called respect should go!

• Like 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Well,

I am progressively losing interest in MFS lately, after deciding I'll pretty much going  AMD for my PC upgrade in order to be able to better run XP11 and the next version which will for sure be Vulkan too.

Even DCS is going Vulkan.

Great to know LR will be at FSExpo 2020 with even more than one boot !

MFS, I really don't know, and albeit all the hype, has something... Something I feel about it being way too hyped regarding what it'll actually turn out to be...

Hope I am wrong, but....

Meanwhile, waiting for further info on MFS, and above all, XP11 Vulkan and the next version of the sim.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

8 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Well,

I almost lost all interest in MFS lately, after deciding I'll pretty much going  AMD for my PC upgrade in order to be able to better run XP11 and the next version which will for sure be Vulkan too.

There seems to be a little problem with reason and causality. 😄 I guess you already lost interest in MSFS2020 before you decided to go with X-Plane.

Anyhow. I don't think there will be much of a problem with AMD & MSFS2020. It seems like a well optimized sim performance wise, from what we hear. Very much like what X-Plane tries to do with Vulkan.

19 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Even DCS is going Vulkan.

Vulkan ist just a graphics API. It doesn't really say all that much about the result.

What X-Plane does right now will primarily raise FPS. Not much else. Only then they might tackle some other things with the available performance gains, like better graphics.

24 minutes ago, jcomm said:

MFS, I really don't know, and albeit all the hype, has something... Something I feel about it being way too hyped regarding what it'll actually turn out to be...

In the worst case, MSFS2020 will look like X-Plane with Bing-Ortho coverage. Only with much better autogen and less awkward inconsistencies between imagery (resolution, coloring) as the AI interpretes those images and puts fitting autogen (grass, trees, buldings) on it.

Well, yes, the offline mode might still look a bit worse. Like X-Plane just with better autogen.

Weather simulation and representation will also be superior to any sim out there right now.

And if you trust real world pilots who have already flown FS2020, then we can assume that FS' flight model feels as realistic as X-Planes. Don't forget the influence of realistic weather here as well.

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Some of you really do read things that are not there. When I siad "respect for the hard core flight simulation community", I did not mean it in a "they must bow down and pander to them" kind of way. I simply meant that it would be nice for them to be able to talk to dedicated flightsim enthusiasts face to face. I don't know how many of you have been to a flightsim show, but they are great places to talk directly to developers and other flight simmers in a way that is simply not possible online. You get a much better understanding of how dedicated/enthusiastic/honest they are.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

13 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Some of you really do read things that are not there. When I siad "respect for the hard core flight simulation community", I did not mean it in a "they must bow down and pander to them" kind of way. I simply meant that it would be nice for them to be able to talk to dedicated flightsim enthusiasts face to face. I don't know how many of you have been to a flightsim show, but they are great places to talk directly to developers and other flight simmers in a way that is simply not possible online. You get a much better understanding of how dedicated/enthusiastic/honest they are.

Okay, but the word for that is not paying "respect" to the flight sim community.  I agree that being able to interact face-to-face with devs is nice, but I also think we can agree that the level of communicastion from Asobo has been pretty staggering so far.  If they have the time and resources, it'd be nice if they could show up - but as they are still heavy in development, not to mention preparing alpha clients for testing, I wouldn't at all blame them if they simply don't have the time to attend an expo on another continent from where their studio is.

Hasn't MS been flying some of the 3pds over?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.