Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Megascenery Earth Florida v3 Thoughts

This has been asked before but there was no response.

I'm wondering if anyone has this scenery along with Nuvecta Landscapes FL and what are their thoughts. I bought and installed both this morning, but so far I'm unimpressed with what I'm seeing.

The photo scenery is not as sharp as the freeware photo scenery packages that I've downloaded. Plus, Nuvecta AG trees & houses are only scattered and not widespread like on my other freeware packages.

Thanks!

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Same here ... not impressed with MSE FL V3 (2017) ... poor tile resolution and off color.  Shame, because MSE Utah 4X and New Mexico 4X are outstanding ... especially with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 ... far better than anything else I've seen in any other platform including OrthoXP.  But it is 10% Tuesday at MSE.

Cheers, Rob.

Some areas do offer the WOW factor, If only there was an AG addon that could fill up some of the photo. The coastlines are impressive and the Northern part seems nicer and greener that the Southern part. Many areas looks as if there was snow on ground. Even at the reduced price, I still want to complain because they could have made this photo package much better.

Edited by DJJose

I bought Colorado MSE with Nuvecta Landscapes as there was no FTX region covering the Four Corner States to go with Flightbeam's KDEN.

I have to agree that 1m/pixel (actually 1.2m, LOD15) isn't sharp enough in places, and Nuvecta only gives sparse autogen.

Write-off this morning's purchases as a learning experience.
We'll be getting better Florida photoscenery in the shape of either TE Florida by Orbx (it was promised for P3D, but who knows) or alternatively the streamed / pre-cached Bing maps scenery in MSFS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I don't have Nuvecta Landscapes FL, but my impression of MSE FL v3 is generally positive, in part because it avoids the pitfalls of the last FL photoscenery I had (RealWorld FL), namely coastlines with no transition between shallow areas and the ocean/gulf, absolutely HORRIBLE winter scenery (where, for whatever reason, they tried to make it look like heavy snow had fallen on the sunshine state), an error where there were two duplicate scenery tiles near Ocala (one in the correct location, and another just north of it -- I sent them an email about the issue, but never got a response back), and no uniformity in color across the state (i.e. you might see a sharp transition from green summer textures to brown scenery more typical of winter).

In contrast to RWFL, MSE's Florida scenery is fairly decent. Coastlines are extremely well done, and it seems more care has been taken with regards to color correction across the state (the state is more uniformly green).

There are a couple of things I don't like, though. For starters, the cites seem overexposed and look like the morning after a snow storm (I actually changed seasons in sim since I was afraid they too added unrealistic winter textures, but it turned out that was just how the textures looked all the time). The resolution of the scenery doesn't seem as sharp as RWFL either, and it seems to be a but more shimmery (at least in FSX, using DX10 fixer). Finally, while I appreciate the effort made to harmonize colors across the whole state for a consistent look, I think the the scenery (especially the green vegetation) is a little too bright and vibrant. In this regard, RWFL seemed much better (provided you weren't flying over a part of the state that was either winter brown, or fake winter).

Just my $0.02....

- Jeff

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DJJose said:

Some areas do offer the WOW factor, If only there was an AG addon that could fill up some of the photo. The coastlines are impressive and the Northern part seems nicer and greener that the Southern part. Many areas looks as if there was snow on ground. Even at the reduced price, I still want to complain because they could have made this photo package much better.

Check for Realworld scenery Florida 3D environment v3.0. This does exactly what you are asking for. 

I use it (although with the RWS photoscenery, not MSE) and it looks real nice. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, F737NG said:

We'll be getting better Florida photoscenery in the shape of either TE Florida by Orbx (it was promised for P3D, but who knows) or alternatively the streamed / pre-cached Bing maps scenery in MSFS.

I've been following the FTX forum in anticipation for the X-Plane version to be released ad will wait for reviews. I do hope that the P3D v4 is released before the new sim is out. Once that happens, my focus will be on the new sim. Exploring MSE Florida v3 coastlines is a treat and if RWS Florida 3D adds dense AG, I should be content until the next sim is out. 

2 hours ago, Stroman81 said:

Check for Realworld scenery Florida 3D environment v3.0. This does exactly what you are asking for. 

Can you please post some pics clearly showing the amount of AG that the add-on delivers? I bought their Portugal 3D and its too sparse for my taste.

Update: I forgot to mention that this dev doesn't respond to email support questions. The pics of RWS FL 3D v3 look really good and I've been very interested in this addon since it was released.

Thanks!

Edited by DJJose

Hi,

I do not have the scenery installed for the moment. I want to limit P3D loading times and give prio to Orbx TE UK for the moment. But if you check the screenshots on simmarket website, this should give you a good idea. 

Kind regards

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stroman81 said:

Hi,

I do not have the scenery installed for the moment. I want to limit P3D loading times and give prio to Orbx TE UK for the moment. But if you check the screenshots on simmarket website, this should give you a good idea. 

Kind regards

No problem. I managed to find a compromise with MSE FL v3, Nuvecta AG, and payware FL night lighting that I bought years ago from AS.

I had to fix LatinVFR's KEYW & Navy Key had default objects that needed to be removed. The latest version of P3D v4.5 caused KEYW to show a flickering runway. Lowering the altitude of the airport with ADE will remedy but not completely fix the issue. I decided to use the older FSX version instead of the new P3D version.

I disabled the photo scenery for KMIA v5 and it blends well.

Cielosim KJAX blends perfectly with MSE FL. The north area of MSE FL v3 is greener and prettier than the southern region. Snow patches ruin the experience.

LVR's KRSW blends well with photo enabled.

I will test T2G KMCO with ORBX Orlando City and  get back with any major issues.

This is all just temporary because as soon as the ORBX version of FL is released, I'll upgrade to that. 

For those that just want the FL Keys, here's a nice freeware:

https://www.vario-design.com/florida-keys?lang=en

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I had major issues with trying to make this work in P3D V4 ... specific areas/view angles around the airport that would trigger a CTD.  Be careful if it triggers a stutter-fest.

Cheers, Rob.

No issues at all with T2G KMCO & ORBX Orlando City with MSE FL. As a matter of fact I'm getting better fps. I did fix the airport's AFCAD and removed a few .bgls from KMCO airport, but I had to do this to ensure both add-ons worked together. Even the bridges show up properly every time on arrival.

Let me know if you need anything.

On 1/22/2020 at 4:30 AM, Stroman81 said:

You were correct. It's excellent. I just have some trees to deal with on the coastlines using MSE FL. Maybe the dev will help me remove them. I'm downloading RWS FL right now.

I'm going to highly recommend that anyone who is interested in RWS FL to order it from the developers page. It's the same scenery that is sold at simmarket at a significantly reduced price.

Here's some pics of FL Keys (MSE FL v3 + RWS 3D v3)

Latin VFR's KEYW

sZPl0i7.jpg

l4bww2m.jpg

awVrT8w.jpg

dFROjie.jpg

ORBX Marathon

NiRyret.jpg

ga7yyd9.jpg

Mta4vEC.jpg

q4et45O.jpg

Bonus

qhHF1sO.jpg

FYI, the RWS FL is about 130 gig installed vs about 40 gig for MSE FL v3. Finished download and installation. Now it's time to see if it was all worth it.

I just finished testing RWS FL and it's awful. Stay away from that junk! What a waste of time and $10 bucks.

After much testing, I settled on MSE FL v3, RWS 3D FL v3 (no lights), and FL lighting package from name not allowed: