Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Megascenery Earth Florida v3 Thoughts

Who was the lighting package from?  Name not allowed?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 1/24/2020 at 7:23 PM, DJJose said:

I just finished testing RWS FL and it's awful. Stay away from that junk! What a waste of time and $10 bucks.

So, DJ you got all those scenery files from RWS FL loaded and it sucked? They all come as dropbox files with no install app. How did you get those flles into P3Dv4x if I may ask? I spent $15. 

So, RWS FL 3D is good, but not RWS FL (they say you need that or a 'similiar' photo package. So, that's the MSE FL that works I take it?

Thanks, Jeff 

P3Dv5 & 6 - MSFS 2020 MS Windows 10 X-64 - Intel Core i9-12900k CPU @ 3.20GHX - NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 3090Ti - 128 GB Memory - Samsung EVO 980 2 TB SSD (2)  - ORBX Global, TrueEarth, UT Live, ChasePlane, + A Hanger Full of AC

On 2/2/2020 at 6:06 PM, Beckanator said:

So, DJ you got all those scenery files from RWS FL loaded and it sucked? They all come as dropbox files with no install app. How did you get those flles into P3Dv4x if I may ask? I spent $15. 

So, RWS FL 3D is good, but not RWS FL (they say you need that or a 'similiar' photo package. So, that's the MSE FL that works I take it?

Thanks, Jeff 

Why would you buy RWS FL when I said to stay away from it?

Anyway, here's what I did:

I download each section into the same folder, then there's a small file that downloads which extracts all the zipped files into a chosen folder. I created a folder called RSW Florida Photo, then a Scenery folder inside the folder. I extracted all the files into the scenery folder. In total about 130 GIG.

The user has do do that for all four sections. I tested the scenery and I found it abhorrent. The textures were nothing like the website. White patches all over the place, some red areas, and the coastlines look like oRBX vector.

I deleted it right away and stuck with MSE FL V3 with RWS FL 3D. The AG is abundant but there are trees on many lakes, shorelines, and the lighting has a performance hit.

I'd advice anyone interested in FL photo to wait until ORBX releases TE FL.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 2/3/2020 at 4:01 PM, DJJose said:

Why would you buy RWS FL when I said to stay away from it?

I bought it before I read your post. lol.  

Actually, the developer contacted me and I got them all downloaded and working in the sim. Actually, it looks pretty good on my rig. 

I downloaded ORBX Orlando as well. It's all good. 😉

P3Dv5 & 6 - MSFS 2020 MS Windows 10 X-64 - Intel Core i9-12900k CPU @ 3.20GHX - NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 3090Ti - 128 GB Memory - Samsung EVO 980 2 TB SSD (2)  - ORBX Global, TrueEarth, UT Live, ChasePlane, + A Hanger Full of AC

19 hours ago, Beckanator said:

I bought it before I read your post. lol.  

Actually, the developer contacted me and I got them all downloaded and working in the sim. Actually, it looks pretty good on my rig. 

I downloaded ORBX Orlando as well. It's all good. 😉

Great!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.