Sign in to follow this  
sunmartial

Map PTT button to Mute switch

Hey Guys

I'm trying to figure out a way to link my PTT on the intercom to mute UGCX, so the ground staff stop thinking we are talking to them when we are not! I gather the development team are planning to implement the option to assign a PTT key, which will fix my issue. But for now, while we don't have that feature, I'm wondering how I may be able to link my PTT to the hard or soft mute options in UGCX.

So let me try to explain this further. I have a full scale Boeing 737 dual seat cockpit. I set up my Yoke and Pedestal PTT buttons to trigger the F10 key in FSUIPC (a software used by Cockpit Builders to help connect the simulator to avionics) when the button is released. Then I went into the P3D button assignments, and set the Propeller Pitch command (or whatever that command was called, as per the UGCX manual) to F10. My logic was that when we push the PTT button to talk to ground, it should allow the voice through and then as soon as we release the button, it should trigger the F10 key, which would trigger the soft mute. I tried the same, mapping F10 to the Hard mute feature, but I couldn't get it to work.

Has anyone managed to set this feature up properly?

I appreciate any insights anyone might have...

Thanks

Hey  sunmartial,

Sorry by the delay, we has been a bit busy with the version 1.4. The v1.4 has an option to configure a Push-To-Talk key. In v1.3 and earlier, the voice recognition microphone was open all the time, but since v1.4 you control it by assigning a special hotkey to open/close the voice recognition mic, so you can talk to ground whenever you need.

Now back to your question about v1.3, the soft and hard mute, works in different way. The soft mute key needs to be pressed (your finger must be kept pressing the key) to effectivily have it mute the microphone. Once you release the soft mute key, after 1-2 seconds, the microphone will be open listenning for voice commands again. In short, soft mute is temporal mute effect. On the other hand, when you press hard mute, once (press and release the key) it will mute all the way until you press again the hard mute for unmute and open the mic for voice commands.

Now, when you do these changes in key assignments, you may need to relaunch FSX/P3D just to ensure the change has been made

Manuel

spacer.png

Hi Manuel

Thanks for the explanation. I might have another play around then. Also, I didn't restart P3D last time, so that may be why nothing was happening.

Are you able to give a rough timeline for the release of version 1.4? days, weeks, or months??

Thanks!

Not much from now, it has been completed, and we are just documenting the new things in the manuals

spacer.png

On 2/13/2020 at 4:28 PM, Manuel82 said:

Not much from now, it has been completed, and we are just documenting the new things in the manuals

That's great news! Can't wait. 🙂