Sign in to follow this  
999sharris

Hat switch issues on X56

Good evening all,

I need some help. I haven't changed any settings since my last flight but now when I move my hat switch to pan my views “X56” on the flightdeck my throttle now moves to about 50% thrust, I've been on FSUIPC and my throttle and pan views show all correct. This is happening in all of my aircraft. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks..

Hello,

I had an issue when I pressed a switch on my yoke assigned to the trim function and it moved a condition lever on dual turboprop aircraft only, nothing else was affected.  I verified there were no duplicate entries in the FSUIPC.ini and ensured that all controller assignments were deleted in Prepar3D.  I never found what was causing the issue and only managed to resolve the issue by replacing the yoke and throttle.

Check that there aren't any duplicated throttle entries in the FSUIPC.ini and delete all controller assignments in the controller assignments.

• Like 1

\Robert Hamlich/

If assigning in FSUIPC, its better to disable controllers completely in P3D.

You could try activating logging (in the FSUIPC logging tab) of Axis controls and also Button and key operations which may give some insight into whats happening. 

If you need further assistance, better to post over on the FSUIPC support forum (https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/), and include your .log (with the above logging flags enabled), .ini and .Joyscan.csv files (all from your Modules folder).

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

Thank you guys for responding.

I’ve got all controllers disabled in P3D, double checked all my chase plane settings and can’t find any duplicate entries... grrr. I’ve spent hours trying to find the issue. 

On 1/23/2020 at 11:03 AM, 999sharris said:

I’ve got all controllers disabled in P3D

Do not know how you can disable all controllers in P3D.  At least one would have to be enabled or you are not going to be able to do anything with ChasePlane.  I suspect you are trying to set up your X56 controller so that certain buttons on the controller will control a ChasePlane function?  I don't think that's possible.  Page 42 of the ChasePlane Manual shows you all the various controllers you can use.  The way I understand (because I have not used ChasePlane), you can enable Mouse Look and be able to move your Mouse to all of the various views.  I see no instructions in the manual where you can use an x56.  I think the P3D or FSUIPC settings will allow you to use your X56 for various views built into the P3D settings but ChasePlane cannot use them.

I wish you would have indicated in your original post you were trying to use your x56 with ChasePlane.  The members who responded to your OP are correct but they do not pertain to ChasePlane.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Thanks once again for your response.

I have been using the hat switch for months to change my head views around the flight deck and have never had issues. It was easy to set up in chase plane and I followed a tutorial when I originally set everything up. It’s only been this last week that every time I touch the hat switch, the throttle goes to about 50% thrust. 
I’ve looked at my settings in all applicable applications and can’t see why this is happening all of a sudden. 

kind Regards

Simon 

Hi. I have had the same problems as you, but I have solved it. I have ChasePlane connected to a XBox contoller, and somtimes when I start P3d, the buttons and hat switch on the controller is assigned to other functions as trim,throttle, rudder . I think this happen after an update  of windows or other programs om my pc. My solution is to make a Control Configuration.xml file of the controller with the wanted assignments, and save it using the Export button in the controllers setting page. When I experience that the assignment has changed, I just import the saved file, and the controller is ok again. I have done the same for all my controllers, because I experience the same with both rudder and throttle. I don’t know why this happens, but my solution is an easy way to solve it when it happens.

Tor Arild

Hi Adaniel,

Thank you for your response. I am not sure what to do when you talk about xml files and wouldn't know where to start. I am glad in the nicest possible way that its not just me who has experienced this issue.

Many thanks

Simon

Go to  Options and choose your contoller. When you have assigned axes and buttons/ keys as you want, press the Export button and save the configuration file as you want. You can use the name of the contoller. The file will be saved as a xml file which you can import again when you get problems with the assignment. But remember always update the configuration file if you change the assignment.

Tor Arild

• Upvote 1