Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

Neglected aircraft for P3D: The Boeing 757/67

I have always wondered why no major developer has taken on the task of making a study level 757 or 767. I know Level D made a masterpiece with their 767, but it is very old now and I don't think there are future plans for a remake. That being said, is there a reason no developer has taken on the task of making these aircraft? I can only imagine what a 757 would be like if it were made by PMDG or even FSL if they decided to go the Boeing route for a change.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

A real good post, that Spencer. Pity, nothing has replaced that Level-D aircraft.

I have a CS 757 III, which is kinda halfway house, to use in P3D4. Not fully 100% at Level-D levels, but at least a 757 for P3D4. Like you, would love to see a 767 at high level. Guess developers think, like the ubiquitous MD11, not many sales in the offing🤔

I forsee a balanced, valuable and productive discussion on what is or is not "study level", devoid of prejudice for or against any developer😒

...and I see a flying pig.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

I'm also in the camp lf wanting a high quality 767 and 757.  I have the QW 757 and it's VC is not good at all.  Nor are the systems.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

right.  I'd rather pay $100 for a good one

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Sorry to disappoint but I think if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now. The only chance for this to happen is if someone decides to make one for the next big sim

I've keep an eye on Captains sim version as it seems our only hope. But for the 757+RR+F it's $155.68, it needs to be PMDG for that price point and from all report I've read it's not. If it was it would be worth it. I will keep watching out.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

155 $ for CS ??? 😂

They have lost contact ...

+another $19.99 for the 300. Total price $185.67

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

To me Level D is a riddle inside a mystery wrapped up in an enigma. They made such a wonderful model then just seem to fall of the radar after making noise about a 757.  Sad thing for us Boeing simmers. I truly wish PMDG would make a 767 which I think is still in production in the freighter variant. That or Level D would come forth from their deep sleep.

• Like 1

Vic green

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

But for the 757+RR+F it's $155.68, it needs to be PMDG for that price point

Prices can be quoted to support any argument.

Applying the same tactic to the 747, it costs $US 199.98.

The Captain Sim 757 base pack is $US 75.70.

The 757 is $US 124.28 cheaper and must therefore be a bargain.

If the customer pays the price and is happy, then that price is right.

If the customer pays the price and is not happy, then that price was too high or maybe even too low.

For each customer this experience will be different and for a multitude of reasons.

In any event, the opening post of this topic makes it perfectly clear that its author has discarded the Captain Sim offering as unworthy of attention and stated that the only credible developers are PMDG and Flight Sim Labs. On that basis, it seems very unlikely that there will be another "Study level" version, whatever that is.

Edited by Reader
  • Upvote 1