Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

Neglected aircraft for P3D: The Boeing 757/67

For me the CS 757 satisfies my 757 need, YMMV.

To me the real gap is the lack of 767.  Sure they are starting to retire out but some airlines will still have them in service for years to come, not to mention cargo usage.  It’s really a shame that one hasn’t been developed or even that the Level-D 767 hasn’t been converted to P3Dv4.

When CS released the 757 a lot of people figured the 767 would be soon to follow given how similar they are but no peeps about that so far.

I would certainly be satisfied with a 767 from CS.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

FedEX had two brand new 763Fs (N136FE and N182FE) delivered to them last month.  Why it's so important for flightsim that it's currently operated anyway? 

Sometimes it's fun to learn older aircraft to appreciate how things have changed.   Personally I'd love to have a detailed 707, but since it isn't operated outside of the military anymore no developer will do it for fear of low sales.

One thing is for sure though the Level-D 767 is/was amazing and certainly deserves its spot in the addon hall of fame.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Brian W

KPAE

12 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Why it's so important for flightsim that it's currently operated anyway? 

Bang on the mark,well stated.

13 minutes ago, BrianW said:

One thing is for sure though the Level-D 767 is/was amazing and certainly deserves its spot in the addon hall of fame.

Ditto

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I feel for the fraction of what it would take you to buy the CS version, the QW 757 seems to be offering good value for money, plus there's a free texture pack to improve the vc textures. 

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=194641

thanks.  Just downloaded.  Was not aware of this.  I know some people only want to fly routes that are current and flown by the aircraft types they are in real life.  I'm not one of them.  I have no problems running a 747 from ATL-DAB and other types of routes.  Or even a 787 in the Alaska livery.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

The 757 is not dying just yet. Delta still has a relatively large fleet and even after they retire them, they will still be in service for cargo airlines for years to come. Same with the 767 freighter which I believe Boeing just recently ended production. Most of the 767's on the passenger side that are being retired are the much older non ER models. Even if it comes down to how many are still flying, there is still a large market for legacy aircraft in the sim world. 

• Upvote 1

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

You cannot add on the addon 74-8 and then say the base CS is $124.28 cheaper, the PMDG base 747 is $139.99. Please if your going to do like for like do it right.

I think you have completely missed the point of my reply, which was tongue in cheek.

You cannot also add in the cost of all the expansion packs for the 757, as you did and then state that because it then costs 185 dollars, it must be PMDG, when in fact the base pack is 75.70 and therefore cheaper than any of the recent PMDG products.

757 and  767 are  workhorse for United on North Atlantic.  There's daily flights from and to Newark.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I actually purchased the CS 757 a few months ago, the sounds are good and so is the exterior modeling. The cockpit geometry as well as the system's depth are lacking. The engines are also extremely overpowered (a loaded 757 is not going to climb at 4000fpm the entire time). I even looked into Flight Factor's 757 for XP, but it is full of bugs and I really question the "Boeing Certified" statement from them. I am not sure how that certification works, but I think Boeing probably has bigger fish to fry rather than track down the accuracy of a flight sim model.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

It's ironic to me that there is an argument about numbers in service/age of airframe. The 77LR/F has somewhere just over 200 in service, combined yet no one questions the validity of the PMDG offering's existence (I'm a fan). Meanwhile the 763 fleet worldwide currently is in the 6-700 mark, with new frames being manufactured (albeit at 2-3 per month). 

Regardless, a developer must have both the passion for the work (massive) and at least expect a market to justify their efforts. While we fans of the 76x see it as a given, the lack of an uptake on such a project may sadly indicate otherwise....

• Upvote 2

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

I never understood PMDG's obsession with the Boeing 747, especially the -400.  These are leaving passenger service pretty quickly, with British Airways and Lufthansa scheduled to retire them in the next few years.  They would have had more success, I believe, with a Boeing 767.

There are still almost 450 767s in active passenger service, and a couple hundred freighters, with active orders for the -300F from Fedex.

As for the 757, there are over 300 in active passenger service and another 300+ used as freighters.  Delta, the largest operator, has no advertised plans to retire them, and United is just replacing their older ones. 

These are fantastic planes and I suspect they will be around for a long time to come.  Having said that , and a bit off subject, Boeing should have worked on a replacement for the 757 because right now a lot of airlines are replacing them with the Airbus A321.  Just another dropped ball by incompetent Boeing executives I suppose.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

I never understood PMDG's obsession with the Boeing 747, especially the -400.  These are leaving passenger service pretty quickly, with British Airways and Lufthansa scheduled to retire them in the next few years.  They would have had more success, I believe, with a Boeing 767.

There are still almost 450 767s in active passenger service, and a couple hundred freighters, with active orders for the -300F from Fedex.

As for the 757, there are over 300 in active passenger service and another 300+ used as freighters.  Delta, the largest operator, has no advertised plans to retire them, and United is just replacing their older ones. 

These are fantastic planes and I suspect they will be around for a long time to come.  Having said that , and a bit off subject, Boeing should have worked on a replacement for the 757 because right now a lot of airlines are replacing them with the Airbus A321.  Just another dropped ball by incompetent Boeing executives I suppose.

Dave

The reason for the obsession as you call it is that the 747 is iconic and the 767 isn't.  People who know nothing about aviation can recognize a 747.  Your criteria for "to make or not" is how many are in service.  But there are many people who could care less about that.  Delta does have plans to retire the 757.  A combination of A321/B739.  Although they haven't announced a date of when they will be gone as many still have a good life left.  We all love the 757, but there were only 1000 produced.  How many 757's are being used on missions that the 739 can't handle.  Then take that number and how many of those can't be flown by an A321lr.  Times have changed since they were in service.  Please don't think I'm ripping on the plane.  I'm not.  I love it.  Boeing has made ALOT of mistakes.  Not replacing the 757 is hardly one of them.  Just my opinion.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

PMDG has done 777, 747 and 737.

787 is done by QW, so i think PMDG will not step into their garden.

What is next on the list for PMDG ?, maybe one of those older ladies ...

Artur 

Wasn't the 757 for Fly2 one of PMDGs first airliners almost 20 years ago?

• Upvote 1

Another great jetliner skipped by developers is DC10. Too bad as it has huge potential for simming both on passenger and cargo or even military operations.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1