Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

Neglected aircraft for P3D: The Boeing 757/67

IRC there was a post regarding the developer of Level D 767 that was developing an update for P3Dv4. It was a one man show and sadly He passed away quite some time ago, correct me if I’m mistaken.

FAA ATP, CASA ATPL(A), MEIR, NVFR, Type Rated: A320, B747,B737, E120, B1900D/C KA350,

Multi Ratings: PA31-350, BE58, C310, PN68, PA44, BE76.

Checked out on: C210, R114, C206, PA28, C172, C152.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHzMemory: 64MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Multi Monitor.

This seems to be what you are referring to:

Just to show that there is nothing new 

Edited by Reader

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

+another $19.99 for the 300. Total price $185.67

The ideal time was when they had that Christmas Sale in 2018 when I got it for $25, and the -300 Expansion later

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reader said:

Prices can be quoted to support any argument.

Applying the same tactic to the 747, it costs $US 199.98.

The Captain Sim 757 base pack is $US 75.70.

The 757 is $US 124.28 cheaper and must therefore be a bargain.

If the customer pays the price and is happy, then that price is right.

If the customer pays the price and is not happy, then that price was too high or maybe even too low.

For each customer this experience will be different and for a multitude of reasons.

In any event, the opening post of this topic makes it perfectly clear that its author has discarded the Captain Sim offering as unworthy of attention and stated that the only credible developers are PMDG and Flight Sim Labs. On that basis, it seems very unlikely that there will be another "Study level" version, whatever that is.

You cannot add on the addon 74-8 and then say the base CS is $124.28 cheaper, the PMDG base 747 is $139.99. Please if your going to do like for like do it right.

What I did not point out was I would only be interested in the CS along with a F and to get the full CS and an F (no 300) is more than the PMDG 747 F as the 747 PMDG comes with a F, making it cost $15 more to get the CS F than a base PMDG 747 with a F.

Also the PMDG 777 base that also comes with a F is $90 that makes the CS with a F cost $60 more. A far cry than talking about  the CS being $124 cheaper and a bargain, Really!!!!

The $15 cheaper CS base with no F than the amazing PMDG 777 with a F..... Not a bargain me thinks.

But you are right it is upto the buyer to decide if it's worth it or not.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Developers aren't avoiding anything. You just need to switch to X-Plane...😈

• Like 1

There are some pretty good freeware 757s and 767s available that work in P3Dv4.  They are updated Project Opensky/Skyspirit models that use the default Boeing 737-800 panel and VC.  Moreover, there is an update/enhancement of that default B737-800 panel and VC.

Granted, they are not PMDG quality, but for they're not bad for freeware.

It sure beats the heck out of spending an absurd amount of money on some developers' offerings.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

1 hour ago, CaptKornDog said:

Weren’t their sales $10 previously?  I missed out on this years.

Their sales still is $10, for a 24-hour period as they have previously had, but on this first foray of theirs into P3D4, they had the 757-200 III at that low price and quite a few grabbed it. Later they added the -300 III

Edited by vc10man

The other problem with CS is performance.  For airplanes that are not too terribly complex, they run poorly.  Their 777 i bought and was very unhappy with.  I ended up buying the PMDG one and being happy eventually

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Even though the Boeing 757 is approaching  dinosaur status in real life, surprisingly, many airlines still fly them worldwide.  I purchased the Capt Sim 757 for FSX about 6th months ago, and I fly it from time to time - not the greatest payware but I like it... 

They're both dying frames. I believe the US is the only country that still have them available in scheduled service (as well as MD-8X/9X). 

4 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

They're both dying frames. I believe the US is the only country that still have them available in scheduled service (as well as MD-8X/9X). 

Icelandair?

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I think it comes down to dev cost and time and possible returns get that wrong and you lose money, I know from the MSFS forum that some users think that devs knock the aircraft up in there spare time when holding down a full time job.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

28 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

757 > currently 30 non-US operators vs 8 US. 

MD80 > currently 23 non-US operators vs 4 US.   

Edited by FDEdev