Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Toliss A319 <--> SimBrief connector...

By far the Toliss A319 turned out to beome my preferred Airbus FBW series among all I have used so far in the various platforms, and it's actually the only airliner I use with XP11.

Yes I know about the Zibo, and I will surely give it a new try - last time was some 2 yrs ago I guess...

But, back to the Toliss, found this nifty plugin that allows for importing of SimBrief OFPs intp the 319.

Not sure if it's up-2-date with the latest Toliss version, but will soon find out :

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/176096-toliss-simbrief-connector-beta/

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I also have the Toliss A319 and it is the one that a fly day after day. Just love flying this airbus and looking forward for there A321. I also have FF Boeing 767,X-Craft E195, Rotate MD-80 Pro but always go back to my A319.

The A319 is by far the most tallented Airbus recreation I was able to use in any of the sim platforms.

FF support is poor and rather erratic - I gave up on it, and should have known better the day I bought that 777 which was a total dsappointment, specially for the price they asked for it.

Also used to like Peter's airbus models, but they can't compare in depth, and the JARDesign had it's time too - I confess I didn't buy it for XP11 though, nor the newer A330.

Looking fwd for the FMGC 1.4 update too.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Worked great.

It fetches the latest OFP generated in Simbrief. I didn't know it was accessible to apps like this without actually storing or having to type an access password.

Next step would be to buy Navigraph, which integrates perfectly with Simbrief.

Yet another nice addition is that freeware EFB - AVitab. Tried it too, but got a crsah to freeze in one of the occasions, so gave up on it 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Worked great.

It fetches the latest OFP generated in Simbrief. I didn't know it was accessible to apps like this without actually storing or having to type an access password.

Next step would be to buy Navigraph, which integrates perfectly with Simbrief.

Yet another nice addition is that freeware EFB - AVitab. Tried it too, but got a crsah to freeze in one of the occasions, so gave up on it 🙂

It's just using the SimBrief API that's available, more info here https://forum.phpvms.net/topic/20960-new-simbrief-api/

Depending what's available via the API you can just use RESTful services to grab the info. You are not able to grab account data and such like.

SimBrief itself uses API's to grab weather, route information etc. from other sources.

Hi to all;-)

An unrelated follow on into the topic remark/question, addresses to Jcomm specifically.

I've had the chance to read you on Aerowinxs' forums for years. I'am as well a member of that "church", for more than 20 years. The PSX plus the newest SMITH NG FMC combo is the only Sim I do own, and has been for years since I was 19...many years ago. Your opinion is important in this issue.

Undertaking ECAM Trainers now and LOFT courses under Airbus fixed and Level-D. I do need a good piece of A320 to run under Xplane 11, under IMC without any Scenarios to maximaze the FPS. Only I do need an stable software to simulate ECAM ACTIONS, Abnormals, LDA calculations and ALTERNATE, Direct Law reversions under IMC.

Taking into account your "PSX pedigree", which AIrbus would you recommend to full fill my necessities, in terms of performance? Toliss/FF/FSlabs?

Any software I try to use is a game comparing with the pSX, but I do need the A320 training badly now..

Thanks very much in advance. 

I'll try to address the best I can.

And YES, PSX, and now PSX NG is in another league ....

In X-Plane / MFS Worlds and regarding Airbus, I have had pretty much every model less the Airsimmer variant for FSX... For P3D I have the FSLabs 320 and 319. I own the FF and Toliss for XP11, the JARDesign for XP10, and also owned the Airlinetools A320 standalone airbus simulation ( ako PSX ) for a few days...

To make my answer as short as possible, go Toliss.

It's not perfect, and it's far from being as complex as PSX, but that applies to any add-on I know for MFS / XP platforms, so... 

It's about to get an A321 companion which will bring an update to the FMGS / MCDU / ... also for the 319.

I think it is still the best option in X-Plane's world 🙂

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Just take into consideration that some features are still lacking, like secondary FPL, but they'll come eventually.

Flying-wise is by far what I believe is the more convincing.

Or... wait a little bit more for the A321 to be released with the FMGC update.

Check here:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/197287-toliss-a321-announcement/

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Did you take the plunge @Gomendio, and if yes, what feedback can you give us ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Hi to all;-)

Jcomm, not really. Too busy with the CQ and LOFT sessions on the box. Quite a different beast the Real Airbus so far. A couple of class mates are paying a lot more attention to the toliss on Xplane than on the real thing and for me is a waste of time. Bad habits and sometimes the FBW and mechanical back up flying with ELACS and SECS off is not so much...realistic so to speak. Quite different frankly from the real data ( my opinión ). Even the Level D is more forgiving tan the bus in touch and goes. 

I tried the toliss on a Friends setup and its very good indeed, but somewhat lacking in many ways, I don't know, it is just different. I'm only using profesional ECAM trainers and doing good so far.

I'm only using Aerowinx . And I think is the only software I'd use in all my life. The feeling, the touch, the Situ training network, the overall software, really is a gem. Flying raw data on SID manually reminds me the 737 legacy or the NG manual flying. The type ratings are different, I know, but its a Boeing.

I'd bet any serious Aerowinx cptn could face any loft or CQ training on 737NG without too much of a fuss. The "bus thing" for me is boring, predictable and dont let anybody tell you otherwise, sheer dangeous in abnormals. The Dc/AC failures and protection reversions are very very demanding. The CRM has to be spot on.

Stick to the hardy's gem Jcomm,-) 

On 1/30/2020 at 1:06 PM, jcomm said:

The A319 is by far the most tallented Airbus recreation I was able to use in any of the sim platforms.

You must be joking having that FSL A3xx series in P3D platform. Toliss A319 is half functional compared to the above if you really dig it. 

Not that I don't fly TA319 every once in a while

On 2/12/2020 at 8:09 PM, Gomendio said:

Taking into account your "PSX pedigree", which AIrbus would you recommend to full fill my necessities, in terms of performance? Toliss/FF/FSlabs?

Any software I try to use is a game comparing with the pSX, but I do need the A320 training badly now..

Thanks very much in advance. 

Install P3Dv4.5 and go FSL if you really want to make it serious with Airbus. The rest are just some fun, they're getting better, but FSL are head and shoulders, have no doubt   

Edited by Dirk98