Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 23rd, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

Probably not. Their last update said "next update 01.30 !" but it was later changed to "next update 02.06 !". 

Edited by flxwng
  • Like 1

QUOTE:

Good News
  • We have been able to identify the issue that prevented us from launching our Alpha build yesterday and have a fix in place.
The not as good news
  • In order for us to implement the fix we needed to do some work which will require us to once again test a new build to before we can push it live.
What does this all mean
  • Without putting out a hard date we believe we can have this resolved sooner than later. Unfortunately, while we work on testing the build, maintenance is likely to continue until the new Alpha build goes live.

We understand that everyone is excited (us too) to jump in and help us test/explore the new Alpha build. As such we thank you again for your patience and understanding while we continue to work through this issue. The team has been hard at work to address this and we will continue to update you as we know more. We hope that after this has been resolved that wait will be worth it and everyone can jump back in and enjoy the latest Alpha build.

Thank you again,
-Microsoft Flight Simulator Team-

UNQUOTE

Edited by dexthom
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, dexthom said:

Please don't quote long posts especially when it is directly above your comment. 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop

Relevant

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

There ought to be some interesting responses from that!  :wink:

On 1/31/2020 at 9:12 AM, Krakin said:

I don't even need to watch it - just the thumbnail tells me MSFS wins (for me).

I LONG ago tired of everything looking like that terrain does in X-Plane

Edited by 188AHC
Removed video

18 minutes ago, irrics said:

I don't even need to watch it - just the thumbnail tells me MSFS wins (for me).

I LONG ago tired of everything looking like that terrain does in X-Plane

Its not just terrain. Kinda eye , er ear opening as well

• Like 2

I can only imagine how much the amazing sound work in MSFS will benefit a VR experience also.

Correct sound, coming from the right physical locations, really helps to sell the experience to our brains.

Ugh! X-Plane sounds are not so great to put it as politely as I can. The rain on the aircraft was especially poor. That sounds more like someone popping bubble-wrap... :ohmy:

• Like 5

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 hours ago, Usvart said:

Hi, do we know when the next session for alpha-invitations will begin?

Nope, maybe it was the last one.

7 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Nope, maybe it was the last one.

Maybe they are testers untill the release and can fly about a year before us. And we get couple of pictures per week untill the release.

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

3 hours ago, Usvart said:

Hi, do we know when the next session for alpha-invitations will begin?

As far as we know the inviting is over, no news about any more invites in the future.

Those of us who did not get in by now are likely not going to ever get in, unless further announcements are made later on.

We lose.😞

Edited by Mengy

2 minutes ago, Mengy said:

As far as we know the inviting is over, no news about any more invites in the future.

Those of us who did not get in by now are likely not going to ever get in, unless further announcements are made later on.

Sad... I thought they said, that everybody who signed up, eventually would get in? 

Oh well... 

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Sad... I thought they said, that everybody who signed up, eventually would get in? 

Oh well... 

I was under the impression they once said this, too. The next round would certainly be with the start of the beta, if not earlier.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11