Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

AS Twin Otter CTD

Can anyone shed light why as soon as I shut down the overhead fuel cocks to implement a C&D scenario, Aerosoft's Twin Otter Extended goes belly up and causes a CTD?

there is a ASC.dll file for this aircraft, that needs to be replaced.... i think aerosoft anounced it some time ago.

2 minutes ago, mitsos said:

there is a ASC.dll file for this aircraft, that needs to be replaced.... i think aerosoft anounced it some time ago.

Did not know that, thanks. Tried to do a short hop, skip and jump flight but the aircraft would not follow a Heading, would hold the ALT, then without any warning, a CTD. Never had one these in 4.5.

Where is this ASC,dll file or fix found, please?

... well, to tell you the truth, i haven't used this aircraft for a while now.... so, i don't
know if it's gonna help you, just try it out.

Thanks for your great help. Did that .dll bit and tough wood, I am in a flight, on AP, and so far that Twin Otter is behaving. Holding ALT as well as HDG.

Edited by vc10man

😎.. Cool, problem solved.

I found about this file, one day when i was flying in rain.
Then i turned on the wipers .... and P3D crashed. So i googled this issue and found it immediately.
.. downloaded ... tried .. and it worked.
Try this out if you like, go set some rain and try it, see it for your self.
Happy flying.

Dimitri.

Thanks Dimitri. To make the circle complete, I am trying to install a freeware airport, EGPR(Barra) where I first saw the Twin Otter in real life, and it was to there I tried to replicate a flight tonight until it kept CTD-ing, but thanks to you, has now been fixed. The scenery says install in main P3D folder but it still does not show up.

Ah, well, will have to keep plugging away. Wanted to give the Twin Otter which I haven't touched for years a spin, as a change for the 'heavies'.

If your scenery is manually inserted into P3D, then you have to manually activate it, in your scenery list.
(if you have orbx in the list, ALWAYS place it above orbx)
I sometimes use "Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer" to activate my sceneries, it's a small free and easy program,
which can activate sceneries as (.xml) or as usual, as (.cfg) just like fsx did.
I hope this helps somehow.

10 hours ago, mitsos said:

If your scenery is manually inserted into P3D, then you have to manually activate it, in your scenery list.
(if you have orbx in the list, ALWAYS place it above orbx)
I sometimes use "Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer" to activate my sceneries, it's a small free and easy program,
which can activate sceneries as (.xml) or as usual, as (.cfg) just like fsx did.
I hope this helps somehow.

Good Morning Dimitri. For starters, I am quite experienced installing airport scenery files. Secondly, I too use Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer, and it was precisely that I was using as I have used so many times to install FSX sceneries in P3D4. The author of the v4 ready version had install instructions in his Readme.txt. I did try to follow his instructions but nowhere could I find the Scenery and Texture folders to install his airport. And it was found here in this Forum's Library too.

Eventually, this morning I looked in my flightsim.com Library and found a version there and using that AddonOrganizer, got Barra installed to look more or less what I recall it being in r/l. So, tonight am looking forward to a leisurely Twin Otter Extended flight in a BA livery from Barra to UK2000's Edinburgh

Dimitri, or anybody else familiar with Aerosoft's Twin Otter Extended. Have you or anyone experienced an odd thing happening as you approach a runway, where all of a sudden the speed bleeds away and the engines just cut out....................despite there being enough fuel on board?

10 hours ago, vc10man said:

Dimitri, or anybody else familiar with Aerosoft's Twin Otter Extended. Have you or anyone experienced an odd thing happening as you approach a runway, where all of a sudden the speed bleeds away and the engines just cut out....................despite there being enough fuel on board?

The only way* I know for this to happen is in icing conditions, when your engines can flame out if you don't take the right precautions. In the stock Twin Otter Extended you can get icing between +2 and -10 degrees when flying in low visibility, cloud, rain or snow.

[*P.S. It can also happen if you turn the generators off and the battery switch is set to External (or off), although it shouldn't. I guess it would also happen if you had the generators off and your battery voltage dropped too low.]

Edited by MarkDH

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

4 hours ago, MarkDH said:

The only way* I know for this to happen is in icing conditions, when your engines can flame out if you don't take the right precautions. In the stock Twin Otter Extended you can get icing between +2 and -10 degrees when flying in low visibility, cloud, rain or snow.

[*P.S. It can also happen if you turn the generators off and the battery switch is set to External (or off), although it shouldn't. I guess it would also happen if you had the generators off and your battery voltage dropped too low.]

Thanks for that reply, but neither were the Generators or battery switches turned off, nor were there heavy, dense clouds as it was a clear run to the runway as I could clearly see airport UK2000's EGPH, so there were no visibility issues there.

Will give it another go later tonight..

On 1/26/2020 at 12:43 AM, vc10man said:

Are you using JoinFS ?