Sign in to follow this  
guit32

Forcefeedback

It would be cool if MFS2020 will allow forcefeedback feature like in p3d or FSX. I know there is no more forcefeedback joystick for sale now but why not develope new one ! (dream on).

I use one with p3d and fsforce and I won't be able to do without for the trim, with this new sim I think flying without this kind of joystick will be sad..

What do you think of this !

Edited by guit32
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Guillaume LE MENTEC

P3DV4.3/Windows 10/i5 4670 K@4.2

yes ! I think they never speak about this feature I hope it will be integrated !!

• Upvote 1

Guillaume LE MENTEC

P3DV4.3/Windows 10/i5 4670 K@4.2

Won't use anything BUT the Microsoft FF2 joystick.  For those who have never used one, you don't know what you're missing.  Using Russell Dirk's software fix with it makes it quite special.  Feel those tarstrips and feel that takeoff and landing.

I certainly hope Microsoft "re-introduces" a new FF joystick.  In my opinion, they would sell a ton of them.

Stan

Edited by spilok
  • Upvote 5

The Logitech G940 is brilliant as well...great thread as we absolutely could use a fresh injection of next-gen FF products on the market.

It's ok. I still have my wife behind me shaking my chair saying , " come on, we gotta go"

• Like 1

I'm hoping the same thing. Really love the shaking of my old Microsoft Sidewinder. And I would love to see support for my buttkicker gamer. 

There's also this by Thrustmaster: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/force-feedback-joystick

But yeah I would definitely buy a force feedback joystick just for MSFS, it would be awesome to have some haptic feedback with such a realistic engine.
I'd like to hear MS/Asobo on that, see if they have some form of support planned, and if so what would be the recommended devices!

Honeycomb Alpha Yoke Force Feedback Edition needs to happen 🙂

Chris

Another near lifelong MS Sidewinder FFB user here! 😎 At first the FFB1, then the FFB2. Bought second-hand about 15-20 years ago and still as good as new.

The variable 'spring' centring strength with airspeed in sims like Rise of Flight and IL-2 was always divine. The near-stall buffet effects were always excellent too.

Even now, with DCS, I make do with the severe lack of buttons because I love the FFB, the ability to have 'off centre' trim as in real life (perfect for helicopters), and because it's so accurate and precise due to its optical sensors. Besides, DCS let's you assign a button or two as 'modifiers' so you can easily double/triple/quadruple the functions of the remaining buttons and the hat switch, making it a fantastic poor man's HOTAS 😍

I really hope that the new sim supports FFB early on in its lifecycle.

17 hours ago, spilok said:

Won't use anything BUT the Microsoft FF2 joystick.  For those who have never used one, you don't know what you're missing.  Using Russell Dirk's software fix with it makes it quite special.  Feel those tarstrips and feel that takeoff and landing.

I certainly hope Microsoft "re-introduces" a new FF joystick.  In my opinion, they would sell a ton of them.

Stan

Erm... there are sim aircraft that use a yoke... So when you fly Cessna's, you use a joystick??

It would be great if Microsoft brought out a range of branded sim products.. yokes, joysticks, pedals etc.. It will make Xbox & PC usage a lot more 'realistic' & fun.

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Ever so slightly off topic, please forgive me.
Anyone still own a Logitech Force 3D Pro Joystick, is it still functioning. I have one and use it on rare occasions but the pots have some very delicate gimbal locators which can sometimes break off, making the stick unable to sense full travel L/R Dn/Up. I had 3 RMA's before the last one for this reason, perhaps that's why Logitech no longer make them. I have made some mods to the pots so they will not break the little plastic fingers.

I wouldn't say its the best FF stick at all, too much jerking and jittering around the null zone.

IMG-5584.jpg

9 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Erm... there are sim aircraft that use a yoke... So when you fly Cessna's, you use a joystick??

It would be great if Microsoft brought out a range of branded sim products.. yokes, joysticks, pedals etc.. It will make Xbox & PC usage a lot more 'realistic' & fun.

I have a yoke and rudder pedals, but the feeling from the MS FF2 joystick is too compelling...so, yes, I use the joystick for all my flying.

Stan

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jethro said:

Ever so slightly off topic, please forgive me.
Anyone still own a Logitech Force 3D Pro Joystick, is it still functioning. I have one and use it on rare occasions but the pots have some very delicate gimbal locators which can sometimes break off, making the stick unable to sense full travel L/R Dn/Up. I had 3 RMA's before the last one for this reason, perhaps that's why Logitech no longer make them. I have made some mods to the pots so they will not break the little plastic fingers.

I wouldn't say its the best FF stick at all, too much jerking and jittering around the null zone.

IMG-5584.jpg

Agreed.  I bought one years ago.  Doesn't even come close to the MS FF2 joystick using Russell Dirks Force Feedback 2 software.  I put my Logitech in the basement and haven't used it since.

Stan