Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

Major developers shelve P3D development

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

FSDT recently released Basel and Justsim released the same scenery too. Especially the Justsim version is full of latest technologies.

FSDT recently released Basel and Justsim released the same scenery too. Especially the Justsim version is both are full of latest technologies.

Fixed that for you.

1 hour ago, simmerhead said:

3. Lockheed Martin don't seem to care that Microsoft has stolen the limelight with their very successful PR campaign for MFS,

And that is just what it is. A highly successful PR campaign, with little to show for besides hype. I wanna see unedited footage of the performance on an average PC. I also want to wake up next to a top Russian super model. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

And that is just what it is. A highly successful PR campaign, with little to show for besides hype. I wanna see unedited footage of the performance on an average PC. 

With little to show for? That sounds more like a conspiracy theory than anything else, and I really don't understand all this negativity. Microsoft isn't without history and they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did this PR campaign just to fall flat on their face like they did with Flight. When have you ever been shown so much from the alpha stage of any major software title? Apart from P3D + Truearth scenery or France VFR nothing comes close to the scenery that has been shown in the previews thus far. 

And since when was a realistic flight simulator made for an average PC? You can't have depth and performance at the same time - it will always be a compromise. I really don't care how the simulator performs on an average PC, just as I prefer supercars to the average family sedan... To each his own.

• Like 4

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I am just as busy working on P3D related projects (and FSX) at the moment. I think this is more or less true for most developers as well.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

And that is just what it is. A highly successful PR campaign, with little to show for besides hype. I wanna see unedited footage of the performance on an average PC. I also want to wake up next to a top Russian super model. 

The saudis will be still be buying p3d dont you worry about that

14ppkc-6.png

We are overhauling KSLC and adding 2 new US Intl airports for P3DV4 this year. P3DV4 is alive and well as far as we're concerned.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

There you go. Good on you @Toktok -  a lot of work.

• Like 1

Finally input from industry developers 🙂

Naysayers and p3d xp doomsday prophets on lifesupport. 😂😂😂

Sorry, I had to. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

2 hours ago, SteveW said:

I am just as busy working on P3D related projects (and FSX) at the moment. I think this is more or less true for most developers as well.

If you consider that a major project is at least 12 to  18 months on the work on average (correct me if I am wrong), do you think that it is prudent to start to work on a new  v4 project which would be released in the first half of 2021 ? I won't even speak of FS20 but v5 should be the radar screen soon too. Except of course if there is good compatibility between v4 and v5.

It is not a trick nor sarcastic question, I am just surprised by what you said. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

13 minutes ago, domkle said:

If you consider that a major project is at least 12 to  18 months on the work on average (correct me if I am wrong), do you think that it is prudent to start to work on a new  v4 project which would be released in the first half of 2021 ? I won't even speak of FS20 but v5 should be the radar screen soon too. Except of course if there is good compatibility between v4 and v5.

It is not a trick nor sarcastic question, I am just surprised by what you said. 

Keep things on the go, including new ideas. These sims will continue in use for some time to come. Projects might be a few months to a few years to market, but are borne from past developments and research. So you could say they take more than just a few years in most cases.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, virtuali said:

FSDT recently released Basel and Justsim released the same scenery too. Especially the Justsim version is both are full of latest technologies.

Fixed that for you.

You are correct Umberto ; both use the latest technologies, but the JS version has much more objects and the total scenery is about twice in size compared to the FSDT version..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The really interesting question is what new addons will be developed for Prepar3D from scratch in 2020, not those who are finishing work in progress or overhauling older addons. I guess a roadmap from Lockheed Martin at this point would be pretty useful for developers too. I slowed down my addon purchases considerably when each new version of P3D started to leave older addons broken.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I also want to wake up next to a top Russian super model.

Be careful! She might have a very negative reaction when she discovers that you have crawled into her bed while she was sleeping.

Heck she might even call the cops on you.😉