Sign in to follow this  
Driftsaur

FSUIPC are creating copies

Hello guys, I'm having problems with my FS9 FSUIPC, because everytime that I open the Flight Simulator it crashes, and when i see the modules folder there is more copies of FSUIPC, the copies just have 1KB but the original one still with the normal size, and simulator does not start up, it error starts when i download mods like PMDG B737NGX or ATR72-500 from 1 flight, i really wants to see these planes, can u people help me to solve this problem?

Edited by Driftsaur
for let it better to understand

FSUIPC creates a fsuipc.txt and fsuipc_prev.txt file everytime you start up FS9.  FSUIPC.txt is a log of your flight.  It will tell you how many fps you had during the flight.  FSUIPC_prev is a log of a previous flight.  These files can be from 1KB and above depending on the length of the flight. 

FSUIPC is most likely not the cause of your crashes unless you have an out of date FSUIPC installed.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

well, them, before i got this problem, sometimes my FS does not worked, them i goes to the modules folder and delete the 1kb FSUIPC copies and them FS worked normally, I imagine now if there is another thing that does my FS2004 crashes that does not had anything with FSUIPC, like another program that got corrupt, thanks to the reply.

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

FSUIPC creates a fsuipc.txt and fsuipc_prev.txt file everytime you start up FS9.  FSUIPC.txt is a log of your flight.  It will tell you how many fps you had during the flight.  FSUIPC_prev is a log of a previous flight.  These files can be from 1KB and above depending on the length of the flight. 

FSUIPC is most likely not the cause of your crashes unless you have an out of date FSUIPC installed.

I guess I discoverded something, when i move FSUIPC.DLL(not the 1Kb) it moves without any warning, but if i move the 1kb copy it says that the FS9 is using it. does not finded anything about it.

I do not have FS9 installed so it is difficult to try to replicate your error.  Whenever you open up FS9 (or FSX/P3D) FSUIPC is loaded and creates a temporary file.  This temporary file remains while FS9 is running as it is loading the fsuipc.ini and what actions required by that file.  If you go to the FS9 menu and open up FSUIPC, make changes to the program, then these changes are made in the temporary file.  When you shutdown FS9, the temporary file should disappear as FSUIPC is no longer loaded and running in the background.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I do not have FS9 installed so it is difficult to try to replicate your error.  Whenever you open up FS9 (or FSX/P3D) FSUIPC is loaded and creates a temporary file.  This temporary file remains while FS9 is running as it is loading the fsuipc.ini and what actions required by that file.  If you go to the FS9 menu and open up FSUIPC, make changes to the program, then these changes are made in the temporary file.  When you shutdown FS9, the temporary file should disappear as FSUIPC is no longer loaded and running in the background.

Thanks, for this i will have to download FS again, because the FS does not open, and them I will change FSUIPC and for the last step i will try again and download PMDG B737, will post here if it Works

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

tried registration, does not Works, the same thing happens again, it does not appears the menu, and it turns in a black screen and them i had to press ctrl+alt+del to close it and the temporary files does not disappers when i close FS

Edited by Driftsaur
forgot to digit something maybe important

I have no further recommendations.  Hopefully one of our members who uses FS9 will have a solution for you.

Submit News to AVSIM

5 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I have no further recommendations.  Hopefully one of our members who uses FS9 will have a solution for you.

ok, thanks for this, at this while i will just use my others Add-ons and let PMDG B737 in a separated file, hopefully too, wanted to try out it but looks like I will have to wait more.

The PMDG 737NGX  does not support FS9.   It appears the Flight1 ATR-72 has both an FS9 and an FSX version, are you sure you're using the correct version?

Lee Adams

JAFO

2 hours ago, Driftsaur said:

Thanks, for this i will have to download FS again, because the FS does not open, and them I will change FSUIPC and for the last step i will try again and download PMDG B737, will post here if it Works

You are assuming that is the problem without any evidence.

When Flight Simulator crashes, Windows usually puts up a box that tells you "xxxx has stopped working" or similar, according the the version of Windows. Don't ignore it. That window will usually have an option in small print for more information. That should show you what DLL has caused the problem.

Cross-refer that to my site at  https://www.adventure-unlimited.org/faultfinding.php and you may find the cause and solution is quite different.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Before you reinstall the sim, make a copy of the fs9.cfg, then delete it from the sim.

Restart the sim, & it will create a new cfg.... Worth a try!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

14 hours ago, clipper759 said:

The PMDG 737NGX  does not support FS9.   It appears the Flight1 ATR-72 has both an FS9 and an FSX version, are you sure you're using the correct version?

when I started up PMDG B737 setup it appears the selection: FS2002 and FS2004, i selected FS2004 and it started the setup as normally it does and them requested to close restart Windows for finish that. same with the ATR-72

14 hours ago, John Hinson said:

You are assuming that is the problem without any evidence.

When Flight Simulator crashes, Windows usually puts up a box that tells you "xxxx has stopped working" or similar, according the the version of Windows. Don't ignore it. That window will usually have an option in small print for more information. That should show you what DLL has caused the problem.

Cross-refer that to my site at  https://www.adventure-unlimited.org/faultfinding.php and you may find the cause and solution is quite different.

John

well. in truth. in my pc does not appears any box, because FS turns into a black screen that ocupates 2/5 of my computer screen, and when i click it, FS just crash and Windows diagnostic appears, just click to solve it and Windows diagnostic just disappears with FS2004. i guessed FSUIPC because before it starts, it does not was wanting to open and them closes, but, before FSUIPC error box appears in the screen and when i finded it i deleted the temporary copies from modules folder

8 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Before you reinstall the sim, make a copy of the fs9.cfg, then delete it from the sim.

Restart the sim, & it will create a new cfg.... Worth a try!

gonna try it