Sign in to follow this  
marc1184

ChasePlane is now distributed via Orbx

Interesting news...OldProp (creators of ChasePlane) is now part of Parallel 42 (developing Skypark), and their products are now distributed via Orbx.  You can transfer your license to OrbxDirect, but does anyone know if that's necessary? Looks like people are having some issues with the migration...

Thanks
Marcus

Announcement on OldProp's homepage: https://oldprop.com/
FS Elite News post: https://fselite.net/news/all-oldprop-products-now-part-of-parallel-42-immediately-available-via-orbxdirect/

Excerpt from FS Elite:

What if you own OldProp products already?

Both Orbx and Parallel 42 have made available a simple license transfer process. You simply need to log into your accounts, click a few buttons and all your information will be transferred to OrbxDirect so you can instantly access your products. You can also use Orbx Central to easily download and update any changes.

You can find out all the information on the transfer process here. It’s important you read the instructions provided to have a seamless transition.

Edited by marc1184

I didn't have any issues transferring my licenses. Just couple of clicks and all my 6 licenses were transferred without issues. I support that decision because OldProp was becoming a bit stale in it's development and communications. Hopefully that absorption will give it's current and upcoming products a new lease of life. 

I assume that at some point, OldProp services are being brought down and you should be transferred by that time.

Edited by Evros

Hmmm I must install it again?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Did this for PrecipFX and it worked without a hitch. Was asked to reinstall the product, though.

If you guys really want to understand the relationship between OldProp, P42 and ORBX you better read their official press release here:

https://medium.com/@parallel42/oldprop-solutions-enhances-offerings-with-transition-to-parallel-42-20676d8391c0

Also there is a video where P42 developers were answering questions as the ones you have here. I am also on the video btw.

Video here: https://youtu.be/CfTO4W1DxbE

I really recommend people to see it in order to understand all the mechanics and reasons for these moves.

I also highly recommend everyone to move their licenses as this will ensure you can continue to receive updates and new features for your addons.

All the best,

Simbol 

Edited by simbol

My password manager didn't seem to have a password, so I did the reset password thing, duuh #1) fill in email again duuh #2) look in email, not there, do it several times, email not there final duuh #3) check spam folder.  Done.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

First, Old Prop did a password lockout. I have proof that they decided to arbitrarily reset my password because I keep track of what the password was. Anyway, after a password reset I was able to access my account. The transfer to Orbx failed. No products were transferred - as reported by Orbx  - "0 OldProp products were added to your account". So, basically, this transfer DOES NOT WORK and may lock you out of future updates of the product. I will have to repurchase with Orbx to obtain updates which, of course, I will not be doing. So I have little choice but to switch to a competing product. 

The transfer process does indeed work seamlessly. You should not post such a definitive condemnation at an unrelated forum because you personally have had trouble with it. If you have a problem, there is a dedicated forum at the Orbx forums where the //42 staff are working hard, even today, Saturday, to resolve problems for customers.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/292-42-user-to-user-support/

If you prefer, there is also a portal where you can obtain one to one support

https://parallel42.freshdesk.com/support/home

Edited by Reader
  • Upvote 1

The transfer process does NOT work seamlessly. In fact, it doesn't work at all. This is NOT an unrelated forum either. My post, really, is a heads-up for others. Many others WILL have this problem since this process should be very simple and yet it fails. It's not like I can do much wrong with this. Unfortunately, now, if I don't want to repurchase the product I will have to troubleshoot a buggy licensing system for Old Prop / Orbx. My debate is whether or not it is worth the effort or am I better off switching to a different product. Its not like I'm new to this - I have hundreds of licensed products for X-Plane and P3D. Most have good licensing processes. Some are very buggy. In EVERY case of buggy licensing I have run into it has NOT been user error on my part. I will provide an update on what Old Prop / Orbx did to fix the problem once I have sorted it out if I decide to go through the hassle...

FWIW, the license transfer went entirely flawless for me.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

FWIW, the license transfer went entirely flawless for me too. 😑

Edited by Reader

3 hours ago, Jeff_Fortuna said:

The transfer process does NOT work seamlessly. In fact, it doesn't work at all. This is NOT an unrelated forum either. My post, really, is a heads-up for others. Many others WILL have this problem since this process should be very simple and yet it fails. It's not like I can do much wrong with this. Unfortunately, now, if I don't want to repurchase the product I will have to troubleshoot a buggy licensing system for Old Prop / Orbx. My debate is whether or not it is worth the effort or am I better off switching to a different product. Its not like I'm new to this - I have hundreds of licensed products for X-Plane and P3D. Most have good licensing processes. Some are very buggy. In EVERY case of buggy licensing I have run into it has NOT been user error on my part. I will provide an update on what Old Prop / Orbx did to fix the problem once I have sorted it out if I decide to go through the hassle...

What, you know something that we don't? Judging by the positive feedback in this topic then who are you to tell that it does NOT work and many others WILL have problems with it? If you are not intelligent enough to make a simple support request to developers, then by all means, go and spend your money on another, "competing" product, but there is no need to come here with your vindictiveness and bash everything that is involved with this process.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm NOT "bashing" the process. I'm simply stating a fact. I will readily admit that licensing issues are something that I have no tolerance for, but I do suspect that there is something buggy about this transfer. I have indeed contacted OldProp support and they have tried to help. So far, though, we have no answer. If I had to guess, the problem is with Orbx Central, which has caused many users no end of problems in migrating Orbx products. I realize this isn't the same, but I don't come into this with much confidence. Interestingly, I had no difficulty with my Orbx products, but I waited to do that until AFTER the bugs were worked out of Orbx Central. Unfortunately, at this point I'm going to have to debug this process which is something I have negative interest in doing at the moment. On a few occasions over the years with software products I have encountered licensing issues that were so problematic for myself and other users that I was forced to give up on the product. I sincerely hope that this isn't one of them - I really like the product and I don't want to switch - but obviously I will have no choice to use something else if this cannot be resolved.

By the way, I see it is OK to post positive feedback but not to post negative feedback? Besides, this is NOT about the product's functionality - Chase Plane is an excellent product as I'm sure the rest of OldProp's products are. This is simply about money and my ability to continue to use the product that I paid for. People often get upset when companies change the EULA or the licensing process when said changes render the product unusable. Simply take a minute and read through the threads regarding Orbx's migration to Orbx Central and the bugs in that migration process that, due to no fault of the end user, caused many folks to have an inoperable sim.

Anyway, if it helps sound less "vindictive" I will put it this way for other users - My experience with this transfer is that it is NOT seamless and there MAY be others that experience the same problem. I will post a solution to this if one is found. The reason I have a great deal of confidence that others will run into this problem is that the process is supposed to be simple, my setup is not unusual in any way and everything else is working normally - including both my OldProp software and everything I have for Orbx under Orbx Central.

1 hour ago, Evros said:

If you are not intelligent enough to make a simple support request to developers, then by all means, go and spend your money on another, "competing" product, but there is no need to come here with your vindictiveness and bash everything that is involved with this process.

All you can do is attack me as being "not intelligent"? Really... 

Last time I checked I didn't come in here and insult anyone. I complained about a process, not a person. I have no problem with you disagreeing with my claim that their migration process is problematic - I can argue that case easily. But once you decide to use personal insults you actually violate the terms of the user agreement of the forum and your comment has NO value.