Sign in to follow this  
Felix961

Simobjects receive no lighning

Hello everybody

I recently noticed something bad in my sim. On some Airports (for example Orbx LDDU, FlyTampa EHAM), all Simobjects (My planes but also for example GSX vehicles) appear to be completely dark when i set the time to night (See the Pictures). The textures are there but they just don't receive any lightning from the floodlight on the airport. Also, No light comes to the inside of the cockpit. It only doesn't work on some airports (For example no problems in Aerosoft LSZH).

Has anyone an idea what the problem could be and how i could solve it ?

It happens to PBR-Planes as well as non-PBR-Planes. The problem also occurs with Tomatoshade enabled and disabled. I have dynamic lightning and HDR lightnind set to On in the settings.

Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mrxer0rgbs0ml3k/AABkGtgF8MCJPWWk8pruhumRa?dl=0

Best regards

Felix

To me, this lighting is simply not dynamic, means it is just baked into the texture. Nothing you can do about it, except finding a DL upgrade for those airports, for example over at inibuilds. 

• Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Not sure about Dubrovnik, but I do know that FlyTampa's Amsterdam does not come with native dynamic lighting...as Chris suggested, you can add it with a mod published at iniBuilds.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

The Problem is just, that i know it worked better before. Also in EHAM i know that it has been working (without fix from inibuilds). That's whats strange.

Any idea what the reason for that is or what could have caused this ? If there is a reason ?

Thanks again for your help

3 hours ago, Felix961 said:

The Problem is just, that i know it worked better before. Also in EHAM i know that it has been working (without fix from inibuilds). That's whats strange.

Any idea what the reason for that is or what could have caused this ? If there is a reason ?

Thanks again for your help

Your plane probably was being lit by moonlight.  On full moon nights, things are actually a bit too bright.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

On 1/28/2020 at 7:56 PM, w6kd said:

Your plane probably was being lit by moonlight.  On full moon nights, things are actually a bit too bright.

That seems legit. Thanks for your help.

I just tested a few airports and it seems like only a few of them have the problem. And if there's a fix by inibuilds, it fixes it.

Cheers

Just to make things clear: this is NOT a "problem" of those sceneries, they simply did not include DL, either because it was based on an older variant made P3Dv4.x compatible or simply to save some resources. And as such, DL enhancements from inibuilds can not be called a fix, they do not fix anything, they add DL. 

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

49 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Just to make things clear: this is NOT a "problem" of those sceneries, they simply did not include DL, either because it was based on an older variant made P3Dv4.x compatible or simply to save some resources. And as such, DL enhancements from inibuilds can not be called a fix, they do not fix anything, they add DL. 

So nothing is broken, i do get that. Excuse my wording. I was just using those words because the missing DL is actually a state that is not enjoyable and the addition of the DL by ini makes the situation better looking.

Thank you for your clarification

Best regards

• Like 1