Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

First Look At Next Samsung Odyssey?

Hmmmmmmm.......

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Interesting, I kinda knew that was coming. I half anticipated it around black friday last year.

Its hard not to see Samsung dominating this technology. I would be very surprised when

this is released and that looks like it will be soon, if Samsung has not significantly

raise the bar both in features and value for money. Just like they did with the original

Odyssey and the Odyssey+

I am not a brand follower but I have to say that I think that Samsung is best technology company

in the world.

Edited by Avidean

They also made the most uncomfortable headset evah'  😀

Hope they do better, cause the odyssey+ hurt my face.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I don't know. I have nothing to compare it too.

But all you guys complaining about it must have very soft faces and pencil necks or are girls.

coz it doesn't bother this crusty old jock at all! 🤣

Edited by Avidean

My O+ was pretty much unwearable without those two comfort mods

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Devons rig

right now i dont see a curved OLED this small for a friendly consumer price availible 😉

this is just an 1 year old patent, every company doing this just to get sure if one day maybe needed,

even nobody can build it today.

Well, Its all relative. The fact that Samsung can offer up a HMD like the Odyssey+ regularly for $299 (in fact right now its $229) says to me either they are running a charity or the other manufactures are robbing us blind. Hint: Samsung are not running a charity. My guess is that they are clearing out the stock to make way for new one. And if what you say is correct and the and patient was filled a year ago. I have a feeling well see it sooner rather than later.😁

If Samsung drops WMR and goes strictly SteamVR Im all in with another HMD purchase from them

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2