Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Wow such shocking and devastating news. As a basketball fan, this is a loss of a big time legend. But more than anything a very tragic loss to his family and many friends that will change lives forever.  My heart and condolences go out to them all especially his wife and daughters. 

Also just learned from updated info  that one of his daughters also perished in the crash.  

So sad for all the families and friends involved including the other PAX's and pilots aboard

Edited by HighTowers
New Information
  • Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

RIP. Very sad news especially for his family. 

Chris

3 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Wow such shocking and devastating news. 

I know, I was watching Tiger playing in San Diego when Jim Nance broke the news. I was and am still shocked. I personally never cared for him or was a fan, but I feel bad for him and his family. He was only 41 and had so much life left to live. One of the best basketball players to ever grace the course.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

01-22-06 LA v. Toronto
He scored 81 points. So many ways, it hurt. Beautifully. A perfectly imperfect athlete for our times. 

His oldest daughter, Gigi who was 13, was also killed in the crash. They were heading to basketball practice with another parent and child. Terrible tragedy. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

What a tragic, tragic loss for the sport and humanity.

I only got into basketball, listening to  the BBC World Service through one of the first generations transistor radios,in the 60s, a teenager, hidden under bedcovers, late at night, and the player that brought the game to me was a Lew Alcindor(wonder how many remember him? Played a part in an aviation movie), still a Living Legend, albeit known as....... Thus I got to see KB at London 2012.

R.I. P. Kobe

Edited by vc10man

So young, so sad. his little girl too?  I have no words, rest in power Kobe Bryant.   

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

I wonder if any other "famous" sports figures died too as there were many on board.  My thoughts and prayers to the families of those killed.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I wonder if any other "famous" sports figures died too as there were many on board.  My thoughts and prayers to the families of those killed.

So far the only other people confirmed is the Orange Coast College basketball coach, his wife and also daughter that were on board.

At first is was reported that five people were on board but now they’re saying 9 people total, including the pilot. Once you subtract the pilot, Kobe and his daughter and the OCC family of three, that still leaves three more people.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Very sad news.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Kobe Bryant was MJ in HD.

I'm just angry and wondering when are Pilot's going to stop forgetting the fundamentals. This should have been avoided.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.