Sign in to follow this  
alexcotti

What a job !! and questions

Hi,

I just disocvered the tool, what a fantastic job :)

I have a few questions :

1- it's possible to fly at another time that current time ? if yes, how can i do that ? Do i have change settings from real traffic ?

2/ some airports have aicrafts that normally shouldn't be at this aiports (for example, there is a TUI B 787 at LFLL), it's normal ? 

3/ Any advice to use psxt with PSPUIC ?

Thank you :)

11 hours ago, alexcotti said:

1- it's possible to fly at another time that current time ? if yes, how can i do that ? Do i have change settings from real traffic ?

2/ some airports have aicrafts that normally shouldn't be at this aiports (for example, there is a TUI B 787 at LFLL), it's normal ? 

3/ Any advice to use psxt with PSPUIC ?

1) Yes you can, up to 7 days in the past. See the RealTraffic UI.

2) That depends on the airport file that you are using. The airport files that were created by PSXT based on real traffic are perfectly fine, you will see the right airline and right type at the right hour at the right gates. Take for instance the airport files (for P3D) that you can find at my web site. 
If you are using airport files generated by PPG you will also see aircrfat that normally do not appear at  the airport because PPG is only randomly guessing.
if you create an airport file by hand you can of course also make it 100% real.

3) Why do you want that? PSXT does not need FSUIPC, it uses SimConnect to communicate with FSX/P3D

13 hours ago, kiek said:

1) Yes you can, up to 7 days in the past. See the RealTraffic UI.

2) That depends on the airport file that you are using. The airport files that were created by PSXT based on real traffic are perfectly fine, you will see the right airline and right type at the right hour at the right gates. Take for instance the airport files (for P3D) that you can find at my web site. 
If you are using airport files generated by PPG you will also see aircrfat that normally do not appear at  the airport because PPG is only randomly guessing.
if you create an airport file by hand you can of course also make it 100% real.

3) Why do you want that? PSXT does not need FSUIPC, it uses SimConnect to communicate with FSX/P3D

Hi,

Thanks for you answer

For FSUIPC, i just would know if the fsuipc traffic settings can change Something on psxt

My last 2 question : i have few aircraft taxiing and they pass in the grass, did i miss Something with PPG or smething wrong with Real Traffic (i m using default airpots)? And i can't change airpot parking percentage after i used ppx (the line is grey and blocked

Thx you

Alex

Edited by alexcotti

12 hours ago, alexcotti said:

For FSUIPC, i just would know if the fsuipc traffic settings can change Something on psxt

My last 2 question : i have few aircraft taxiing and they pass in the grass, did i miss Something with PPG or smething wrong with Real Traffic (i m using default airpots)? And i can't change airpot parking percentage after i used ppx (the line is grey and blocked

PSXT Manual page 14: "If you are using FSUIPC make sure that the settings for "Limit TCAS range" on the misc tab are equal to the value in PSXT. And don’t use the FSUIPC Traffic limiter!"

Note that since November 2019 there are problems with the data sources for RealTraffic, you will hardly see any ground traffic. But if you do have gound traffic it could be that they pass throug the grass. It might be that you airport addon is not 100% real with respect to the layout of taxiways and/or errors in the real time data may make aircraft follow strange routes.

You can either change airport parking percentage manually in the airport file before you start PSXT, or you can change it in the PSXT UI as soon as the airport is loaded and active (then it will not have immediate effect but PSXT will slowly adjust the parking situation according to your new setting)

10 hours ago, kiek said:

PSXT Manual page 14: "If you are using FSUIPC make sure that the settings for "Limit TCAS range" on the misc tab are equal to the value in PSXT. And don’t use the FSUIPC Traffic limiter!"

Note that since November 2019 there are problems with the data sources for RealTraffic, you will hardly see any ground traffic. But if you do have gound traffic it could be that they pass throug the grass. It might be that you airport addon is not 100% real with respect to the layout of taxiways and/or errors in the real time data may make aircraft follow strange routes.

You can either change airport parking percentage manually in the airport file before you start PSXT, or you can change it in the PSXT UI as soon as the airport is loaded and active (then it will not have immediate effect but PSXT will slowly adjust the parking situation according to your new setting)

Hi,

Ok, thank your for your answer. Maybe, i have to leave the aicraft parked and run ps x to generate an updating file ?

Unfortunately, i can' set parking airport percentage, the line is blocked in PSXT UI

Edited by alexcotti

No, you should run ParkPosGenerator (PPG) to generate airport files.

After that you run P3D + PSXseeconTraffic (PSXT) + RealTraffic.

Please be more precise in your questions, i don't know a program named ps x ...

8 minutes ago, kiek said:

No, you should run ParkPosGenerator (PPG) to generate airport files.

After that you run P3D + PSXseeconTraffic (PSXT) + RealTraffic.

Please be more precise in your questions, i don't know a program named ps x ...

sorry, it's a mistake (ps x)

Ok i run all these programs at the same time, and just to be sure, in PPG i disable generate options for parking positions in the airport files ?

11 hours ago, alexcotti said:

Ok i run all these programs at the same time, and just to be sure, in PPG i disable generate options for parking positions in the airport files ?

Not at the same time... First PPG, enter the folder of P3D and other folders that contain airport add-ons outside P3D (if you have those) and enable generate options (default).

Then start PSXT.