Sign in to follow this  
tszchun_anson

Issues of ImagineSim WSSS

Hi all,

For those who own the new version of ImagineSim WSSS, have you ever encountered display card INOP issue when flying into/out of the airport?

To me, the performance (i.e. FPS) is OK, but yesterday in preflight stage P3D suddenly showed a message of display card INOP, and prompted me to choose continue (may not work properly) or quit. This is the only add-on scenery where I have experienced this issue. I wonder if you guys have any tips, workaround or solutions, like to disable an performance intensive option in ops centre 🙂

Thanks,

Anson

CPU: i9-9900K

GPU: GTX1080Ti 11GB

Edited by tszchun_anson

23 minutes ago, tszchun_anson said:

Hi all,

For those who own the new version of ImagineSim WSSS, have you ever encountered display card INOP issue when flying into/out of the airport?

To me, the performance (i.e. FPS) is OK, but yesterday in preflight stage P3D suddenly showed a message of display card INOP, and prompted me to choose continue (may not work properly) or quit. This is the only add-on scenery where I have experienced this issue. I wonder if you guys have any tips, workaround or solutions, like to disable an performance intensive option in ops centre 🙂

Thanks,

Anson

CPU: i9-9900K

GPU: GTX1080Ti 11GB

Video card INOP? An actual error message that you received would be helpful in this case.

Now, judging by the prompt and options that you describe, I'm gong to make an educated guess here and say that error was "DXGI_DEVICE_DRIVER_HUNG". It happens when video card takes a dump. Happens due to unstable GPU overclock (usually VRAM), faulty video hardware or, sometimes due to P3D program window being out of focus. ImagineSim Singapore is very taxing on the system, but it does not manufacture a device driver crash. Your issue is most likely one or more of the three aforementioned problems. 

2 minutes ago, Evros said:

Video card INOP? An actual error message that you received would be helpful in this case.

Now, judging by the prompt and options that you describe, I'm gong to make an educated guess here and say that error was "DXGI_DEVICE_DRIVER_HUNG". It happens when video card takes a dump. Happens due to unstable GPU overclock (usually VRAM), faulty video hardware or, sometimes due to P3D program window being out of focus. ImagineSim Singapore is very taxing on the system, but it does not manufacture a device driver crash. Your issue is most likely one or more of the three aforementioned problems. 

Sorry I can't recall the exact same error description. But it was something like "GTX1080Ti has stopped working...". Now I wonder if texture_size_exp=10 contributes to issue. I will revert that back to 9 to see whether issue is solved 

2 minutes ago, tszchun_anson said:

Now I wonder if texture_size_exp=10 contributes to issue.

Could be, yes. This tweak hammers VRAM, but it should usually hold up if GPU is fully stabile. Are you overclocking?

25 minutes ago, Evros said:

Could be, yes. This tweak hammers VRAM, but it should usually hold up if GPU is fully stabile. Are you overclocking?

My card is factory overclocked. But it has never brought me issues even in other performance intensive addon sceneries. That’s why I think it is so strange to happen.

Btw, do you have any clue of solving the floating object issue of this particular scenery?

If you can reproduce this error, then you might want to downclock gpu core and vmem a bit. That could give you an answer. Removing terrain tweak is also a strong candidate. 

What floating objects do you mean? 

Sometimes, it is related to external frame limiters. Do you use any?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

19 hours ago, tszchun_anson said:

Sorry I can't recall the exact same error description. But it was something like "GTX1080Ti has stopped working...". Now I wonder if texture_size_exp=10 contributes to issue. I will revert that back to 9 to see whether issue is solved 

I recently changed my texture_size_exp from 10 to 9 because more and more of my scenery locations, the most recent being LatinVFR KMSY, were exceeding 10 GB of VRAM.  Get close to the 11 GB VRAM limit and you get a slide show.  The Orbx Honolulu is another example and if you have all the city stuff turned on at Singapore then yes I imagine that is the case there.

I've got a week or so of daily sessions with the =9 setting and it will work.  I was thinking about the 24GB RTX Titan but it's as expensive as a complete new build so I'll hold off until I see what MSFS2020 hardware requirements are going to be.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 1/28/2020 at 11:50 AM, Evros said:

If you can reproduce this error, then you might want to downclock gpu core and vmem a bit. That could give you an answer. Removing terrain tweak is also a strong candidate. 

What floating objects do you mean? 

The floating object believably has been addressed by installing v4.5 HF2.

On 1/28/2020 at 6:51 PM, AnkH said:

Sometimes, it is related to external frame limiters. Do you use any?

No, I don’t use any. 

On 1/29/2020 at 6:52 AM, downscc said:

I recently changed my texture_size_exp from 10 to 9 because more and more of my scenery locations, the most recent being LatinVFR KMSY, were exceeding 10 GB of VRAM.  Get close to the 11 GB VRAM limit and you get a slide show.  The Orbx Honolulu is another example and if you have all the city stuff turned on at Singapore then yes I imagine that is the case there.

I've got a week or so of daily sessions with the =9 setting and it will work.  I was thinking about the 24GB RTX Titan but it's as expensive as a complete new build so I'll hold off until I see what MSFS2020 hardware requirements are going to be.

I reviewed the Prepar3D.cfg and noticed that it had been set to 9. I thought my GTX1080Ti with 11GB memory was sufficient to handle 2048 textures but the issue still came to existence...

• Upvote 1