Sign in to follow this  
patrice_bambou

What is the status of CP now after migration to ORBX //42?

Hi,

Last week I updated CP by migrating to ORBX // 42 site.

Being unsatisfied and seeing many problems (Importing all presets, keys navigation ,not functioning), I reinstalled the old CP from OldProp that works well.

My question now: Are the issues with ORBX installation solved (Importing OldProp presets, navigation between views, with same key for several views)?

Thanks

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

Hallo Patrice.

after the latest CP update (yesterday) former problems are gone, and everything works fine again. 

Fritz

not all problems gone, there still seems to be a problem with FSLabs, which is not solved yet :

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/24406-fslabs-runwaysbin-database-aircraft-moves

Not 100%sure, but very likely a Chaseplane 1.1.x problem.

MIke

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, Mgard78 said:

Does this app still require internet connection 100% of the time..?

Good question. I'm asking the same, but it seems nobody is taking care of CP anymore...

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The Community seems to be gone, but you there are links to download what appears to be their favorites.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

24 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Good question. I'm asking the same, but it seems nobody is taking care of CP anymore...

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed,

Why do you write this? Keven is no more following this forum?

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

17 minutes ago, patrice_bambou said:

Hi Ed,

Why do you write this? Keven is no more following this forum?

Patrice.

Well, the results speak for themselves... I think we'll have a hard time if we decide to migrate right know, but I've already said that in another thread before, so no more words about this for me.

I just want to know if ChasePlane can currently work OK without an internet connection, that's all I want to know for now. Hopefully Kevin could chime in and clarify.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

Does this app still require internet connection 100% of the time..?

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

49 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Well, the results speak for themselves... I think we'll have a hard time if we decide to migrate right know, but I've already said that in another thread before, so no more words about this for me.

I just want to know if ChasePlane can currently work OK without an internet connection, that's all I want to know for now. Hopefully Kevin could chime in and clarify.

Cheers, Ed

ChasePlane hasn't required an instant connection for years now. You could use it offline for a while and it would sync with the server after you reconnect.

The //42 version of CP is now fully disconnected (removed the online system) and your presets are stored offline.

I wrote about it here: https://medium.com/@parallel42/about-chaseplane-community-67f1f4a8d7af

There will be an email going out to our customers later today to explain my point of view on this whole transition. Keep an eye out.

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

5 hours ago, patrice_bambou said:

Hi,

Last week I updated CP by migrating to ORBX // 42 site.

Being unsatisfied and seeing many problems (Importing all presets, keys navigation ,not functioning), I reinstalled the old CP from OldProp that works well.

My question now: Are the issues with ORBX installation solved (Importing OldProp presets, navigation between views, with same key for several views)?

Thanks

Patrice.

We have fixed all the migration issues people have reported to us.

If you are still using the OldProp version of CP, launch it one last time to ensure your presets are stored properly on your computer before attempting the migration again.

If CP doesn't ask you for import at launch, there is now a button in the Preferences to do so manually.

Let me know how it goes for you

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

21 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

It's asking for a password. It's the same OldProp password that we use to have or it's a new password to be setup???.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

It's asking for a password. It's the same OldProp password that we use to have or it's a new password to be setup???.

Ed

The article is public and doesn't require a password. Try a different browser or an incognito window?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

28 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

The article is public and doesn't require a password. Try a different browser or an incognito window?

Ok, solved. Thanks.

Would you mind telling where the current ChasePlane presets are stored locally in our computers?.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

OldProp Version: %appdata%\OldProp Solutions inc\ChasePlane\0.4.0 but those are encrypted to your machine

//42 Version: %appdata%\Parallel 42\ChasePlane\1.1.0 (or wherever you've set them to be) are in plain text

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

40 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

OldProp Version: %appdata%\OldProp Solutions inc\ChasePlane\0.4.0 but those are encrypted to your machine

Got it, thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed