Sign in to follow this  
Carts85

Alpha Forum Access - C’mon MS/Asobo!

14 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

All wishful thinking. Not likely to happen.

Well that’s stating the obvious isn’t it jeez.
Of course it’s wishful thinking, does that mean we shouldn’t ask/discuss it? 

Really a great idea, but from our perspective only.

I don't know what is the ratio testers/hopers but is most probably a leak from the forums than from a ingame screenshot with those watermarks.

Copy& Paste, PrintScreen texts and images, etc in the forum would be easy,  even under an NDA, how they could follow that trace to start "legal actions" or whatelse?

• Upvote 1

New members - those still without simulator access (TA2) - could upvote/love bug reports without having ever launched the simulator.

Sure I'd love to get access to those forums, but as already said, all those pics are watermarked the by respective tester and if anyone not participating the testing had access to the forum, how'd you tell a leak by a tester from a leak by a non-testing forum member that broke the NDA because the watermark will not be changing? Someone leaks the photo and the tester is kicked for somone else's fault. No way.

Saying that I'd never even think of breaking the NDA though, signed or not signed, it is a matter of honor and trust i say 🤐.

I still haven't received any testing invite mail and would burn to get access to those forums and be part of the stream, watching only, but be there. But I don't think it will happen. However hope always dies last 😁

Edited by Andragonhh
typos
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Andragonhh said:

Sure I'd love to get access to those forums, but as already said, all those pics are watermarked the by respective tester and if anyone not participating the testing had access to the forum, how'd you tell a leak by a tester from a leak by a non-testing forum member that broke the NDA because the watermark will not be changing? Someone leaks the photo and the tester is kicked for somone else's fault. No way.

Fair point but here’s a question? What’s stopping another tester from sharing a screenshot with a watermark of another tester? Bottomline anyone that shares anything is going to get kicked out of any future involvement.

At this point I think if MS made such a gesture I think we’d all be feeling honoured to just be involved to risk doing that. We’re going to get early access at some point why would we risk that if anything we have more to lose than someone that has atleast already tested it.

• Upvote 1

I think the original idea has some merit but get the concerns. Anything would be great really for those of us that have missed out after 4/5 months of waiting. Maybe an open access weekend only event to the Alpha? Maybe that’s wishful thinking 😆 

• Like 1

As one of the unlucky short straw people, I'd love for this to happen.

+1

3 hours ago, zalox said:

Really a great idea, but from our perspective only.

I don't know what is the ratio testers/hopers but is most probably a leak from the forums than from a ingame screenshot with those watermarks.

Copy& Paste, PrintScreen texts and images, etc in the forum would be easy,  even under an NDA, how they could follow that trace to start "legal actions" or whatelse?

That's a possibility for sure but ! In the current state of things, nothing prevents an insider tester from copying a message or complete thread from the private forum to pasting it on another public forum... And yet no leaks have occurred so far.

And as said before, the goal is to participate ( like a real insider ) in the development even without testing. 

I think guys who signed up from day 1 have shown a real desire to get involved in the development of this new simulator.

The question is : what makes the difference between us and those who have been selected ? Probably computer's specs. But absolutely not the enthusiasm. Otherwise we would already be in ;-)))))

The original idea has no merit whatsoever. If you applied an haven't been selected yet, then that's the luck of the draw. There is no way everyone that applies will be accepted. This is a fact of life. All the whining and begging in the world won't change this. 

Everyone that applies for a job doesn't get it now do they. 

Calm down and wait. There us a lot yet to come. If you maintain your composure and don't get too needy or insult Microsoft or Asobo,  then you might get in yet. Perhaps a Beta. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

14 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Calm down and wait. There us a lot yet to come.

We really don't have much of a choice, do we?  It's easy to say "be patient" when you aren't on the outside like some of us are.  That might sound pessimistic or negative but it is truely how people are feeling nonetheless.  Many of us are very passionate about flight sims and this is a big moment in our hobby's development, and not being a part of it while others are isn't pleasant.

We are feeling very excluded right now.

Still, Cart85's idea does serve one very good purpose: it gives us unlucky people something to talk about and hope for while the testers discuss MFS and share pics on the alpha forums without restrictions.  The hopefulness of the suggestion was a nice thought for us even if you might think it was pointless.  😉

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Carts85 said:

Nobody has asked anyone to release any screenshots independently or take any risk breaking the NDA. The “sexy” screenshots haven’t been asked for once either. It’s about a sense of inclusion and being kept informed on the latest progress even the screenshots of what needs improving will be extremely interesting to us all. I think you’ve missed the point.

Likewise. Maybe we're talking past each other, but my point is that you're asking to see things that need improving, and it's obviously not in Microsoft or ASOBO's interest to broadcast that to the world. You're asking for something that isn't reasonable for a commercial developer (IMO).

• Like 5

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

8 hours ago, Carts85 said:

What would be the harm...

Aaah, the hubris of the unselected...  🙂

If people are so antsy over the new simulator that they would suggest allowing all simmers access to the alpha testing forums, what, prey tell, happens after that - when their thirst for all things Asobo goes unsatisfied and gets even stronger?

Don't get me wrong - I gobble down the developer updates with bated breath. I love the screenshots being released, and I've been disappointed that my email hasn't chirped with an invite - but if I'm not tapped to test, I know I'll eventually get to experience this sim on release day.

All in due time, folks. All in due time.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

The original idea has no merit whatsoever. If you applied an haven't been selected yet, then that's the luck of the draw. There is no way everyone that applies will be accepted. This is a fact of life. All the whining and begging in the world won't change this. 

Everyone that applies for a job doesn't get it now do they. 

Calm down and wait. There us a lot yet to come. If you maintain your composure and don't get too needy or insult Microsoft or Asobo,  then you might get in yet. Perhaps a Beta. 

Amen, as someone said before nothing but a pity party. 
I can currently keep flying what I have for now, neither P3D or X-Plane are broken.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1