Sign in to follow this  
mSparks

MSFS 2020 Addon quality

28 minutes ago, mSparks said:

The video is "realtime" but it is not recorded in realtime.

Do you really not see the difference?

Yes, that you are clutching at straws because you realized how wrong you were saying "the video is in realtime", which is not.

A video that has been recorded with a slower simulation rate and played back an an higher frame rate is NOT, by any definition, "realtime."

The video in my first post was recorded in realtime using simplescreenrecorder,

What video ? The one of the Eurofighter ? That's not what I was referring to, and I have no doubts about *that* being realtime.

The one I was always referring to and to which I quoted to you "it's not realtime", was the one you linked in another post, which you now REMOVED, this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6REKO5AQPGk

This should have been abundantly clear, considering the multiple references to the author comments about having to resync audio, or the fact it was 4K/60p, (yours isn't), or the usage of Reshade processing/grading.

This was recorded by first saving an Instant replay, then the XP video recorder was configured to 60 fps, the instant replay played it SLOWER THAN REALTIME, so the timing would become accurate again, when playing back at 60 fps, by disabling audio, which forced the author to resync it manually from the "real" recording.

That's how the default XP video recorder works, whenever the system cannot cope with the desired fps of the video output.

Edited by virtuali

11 minutes ago, virtuali said:

which is not.

Once again

you say this apple is not an apple, I say it is, and if it isn't an apple what is it.

A video that has been recorded with a slower simulation rate and played back an an higher frame rate is NOT, by any definition, "realtime."

By that definition the film Toy Story or any animated movie is not real time.

What is it then?

which you now REMOVED,

Nope, a mod did.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

31 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Once again

you say this apple is not an apple, I say it is, and if it isn't an apple what is it.

Wrong, again. You are saying what everybody knows is an orange, is in fact an apple. Repeating something that is clearly wrong multiple times, doesn't make it any more true.

By that definition the film Toy Story or any animated movie is not real time.

Of course is not. You clearly have no idea what realtime really is. 

Or, more likely, you realized how wrong you were about claming that 4K/60p video you posted was in fact realtime, that now that you have been proved wrong, are now stirring the pot discussing your Eurofighter video ( nobody ever questioned that one), which doesn't obviously have anything to do with that I quoted you wrong with.

The 4K/60p video which disappeared from your post ( let's see if mods will remove it from mine...), which I said is NOT realtime, guess what, IT'S NOT REALTIME. And that's the end of it.

Edited by virtuali

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

realtime means

real time
noun
noun: realtime
  1. the actual time during which a process or event occurs.

or relating to a system in which input data is processed within milliseconds so that it is available virtually immediately as feedback to the process from which it is coming, e.g. in a missile guidance system.

So taking a further step back from being able to say what time it is, what process or event in that video isnt taking place in actual time?

examples of not real time include

bullet time, slow motion, and fast forwarding.

Do you get what I'm saying - that if he had recorded the video in realtime (like I did using simplescreenrecorder for the EUFI video), his video would play 4K, 60fps, in slow motion?

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:
real time
noun
noun: realtime

Could you please stop arguing ? You already embarrassed yourself quite a bit, haven't you ? You are quoting something without even understanding what it means.

It would have been simpler if you just said:

"yes, it was right for you to point out there's no way that 4K/60p video could possibly be realtime", which of course is what the author of the video himself also said, HOPING that Vulkan MIGHT be able to finally achieve that result in the simulator in realtime, so it could ( maybe ) be recorded in REALTIME, without using the time slowdown trick.

Do you finally understand what it "realtime" means now ?

But no, you must keep arguing, and make a fool of yourself in the process...

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Could you please stop arguing ? You already embarrassed yourself quite a bit, haven't you ? You are quoting something without even understanding what it means.

It would have been simpler if you just said:

"yes, it was right for you to point out there's no way that 4K/60p video could possibly be realtime", which of course is what the author of the video himself also said, HOPING that Vulkan MIGHT be able to finally achieve that result in the simulator in realtime, so it could ( maybe ) be recorded

in REALTIME, without using the time slowdown trick.

Do you finally understand what it "realtime" means now ?

But no, you must keep arguing, and make a fool of yourself in the process...

simpler yes.

but also completely wrong, and nothing to do with "achieve realtime" in the description of the video.

he is also not "hoping to record it in real time". he is hoping for the sim to play it in realtime, like the video plays it in realtime.

Huge difference. (40fps difference)

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

The video is "realtime"

but it is not recorded in realtime.

A drunk friend once said:

I am not drunk, because I am not drunk!

Here it's even more funny: I am not drunk because I am drunk.

😉

I guess what you mean is, that the game renders in real time in a reasonable manner. The video however is not real time related to the source.

20fps is borderline acceptable IMO.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Okay, it is past time to put this thread out of its misery.

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Okay, it is past time to put this thread out of its misery.

Thank you, Bill!  Now you can go after that "Report"!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: