Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

Nemeth Designs Kamov KA-32A Helix

I´m a bit eager to hear some first buyers reports too.

While P3D(FSX) isn´t very god at Helicopter simulation when it comes to single rotor systems, the coaxial rotor system might be easier simulated for P3D.

I´m also interested to get some reports on how deep and realistic the Helicopter systems are simulated i.e electrical, hydraulics, engine start etc.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

I just bought their S-76 Sikorsky.  It's not bad; flies well, but I'm having some issues with the GPS and AP right now.  I'll figure it out....just got it yesterday.

Nemeth Designs has EXCELLENT customer support.  

Stan

Looks nice....looks like it has PBR!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

23 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I have it, would you like a video?

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, thank´s!

On 1/29/2020 at 8:58 PM, spilok said:

I just bought their S-76 Sikorsky.  It's not bad; flies well, but I'm having some issues with the GPS and AP right now.  I'll figure it out....just got it yesterday.

Nemeth Designs has EXCELLENT customer support.  

Stan

Thank´s for info! I will give S-76 a try!

Does it have a rain effect?  The 'product features" doesn't say...

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1:14 in your second vid (the Courchevel one).  They really ought to advertize that, even if it is not quite the Rainmaker/A2A thing.  It's still all right by me.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I have to say that I am impressed of Nemeth Designs Kamov KA-32A Helix (my first software from ND). I use the FSL, A2A, PMDG, Milviz and VRS products. Does ND regularly update its products? 

I bought it yesterday from Simmarket and the download indicates it's 1.02. But I found the front castor wheels rotate in the wrong direction, when taxiing on the ground. It's also visible in the video from Rob in Courchevel at 5:51. He turns left, the wheels go right. I wrote ND today. Let's see if they ever fix it. I really hope. 

Compared to the Virtavia Helix, which is pretty old, but still works in P3D4.5, the ND Helix is less stable and more difficult to fly. The Virtavia product is far less beautiful inside. Outside it's a remarkable model. Of course no PBR but looks also very good. 

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Have to correct my first impression, it flies pretty stable and is not more difficult to fly than the Virtavia old model. The engine start however is a bit tricky. I´m not really sure I did it right. I´ve seen the videos but it seems a bit different. Would love to have a short procedure written down rather than the manuals complete procedure with no pictures where these switches are. 

Still, there is no reaction from ND on my e-mail about the wrong rotating front gear.

Edited by blaunarwal

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

3 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

Have to correct my first impression, it flies pretty stable and is not more difficult to fly than the Virtavia old model. The engine start however is a bit tricky. I´m not really sure I did it right. I´ve seen the videos but it seems a bit different. Would love to have a short procedure written down rather than the manuals complete procedure with no pictures where these switches are. 

Still, there is no reaction from ND on my e-mail about the wrong rotating front gear.

I have no problem with the front gear. I have not reverse the axis in FSUIPC. Try to revers your axis regarding the NW.

Edited by Wennerholm

21 hours ago, Wennerholm said:

I have no problem with the front gear. I have not reverse the axis in FSUIPC. Try to revers your axis regarding the NW.

No the steering goes to the right direction, the wheels gear turns wrong in the 3D model. I really wonder, why no one else sees this. It´s even in the video from Rob above. I turn to the right, the Kamov goes right but the gear turns left and vice versa. This is with everyone on P3D I´m sure. The castoring wheels are the same like a shopping cart in the food market. The axis is in front and the wheel behaves like a rudder at the end of a boat. But with this model, the "rudder" turns wrong. 

Black arrow direction of the turn, black the wheels, Red the KA-32, grey how the castoring wheels should look.

cPZ4pc6.jpg

Here is also a Video for better understanding.

Edited by blaunarwal
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

No the steering goes to the right direction, the wheels gear turns wrong in the 3D model. I really wonder, why no one else sees this. It´s even in the video from Rob above. I turn to the right, the Kamov goes right but the gear turns left and vice versa. This is with everyone on P3D I´m sure. The castoring wheels are the same like a shopping cart in the food market. The axis is in front and the wheel behaves like a rudder at the end of a boat. But with this model, the "rudder" turns wrong. 

Black arrow direction of the turn, black the wheels, Red the KA-32, grey how the castoring wheels should look.

cPZ4pc6.jpg

Here is also a Video for better understanding.

I never fly, or taxi outside the VC cockpit. Maybe I will create a ChasePlane Cam for the outside and take a look at the NW. Thank´s for info!

8 minutes ago, Wennerholm said:

I never fly, or taxi outside the VC cockpit. Maybe I will create a ChasePlane Cam for the outside and take a look at the NW. Thank´s for info!

I have zipped my chaseplane preset here