Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Are GA cargo runs out and back or round robins?

I'm trying to simulate realistic-ish flights hauling light cargo/mail etc in Alaska.

I'm thinking of using the C207, C208B SC, C404, etc

I'll be based out of PANC and maybe PABE and others

Would daily cargo runs be out and back to villages or round robins?
Now, that I think about it I guess it would depend on the airport/town size, the larger the size the bigger chance for out and back, yes?

I get paralysis by analysis deciding where I want to fly every day and then I don't fly at all. I need something that I can do everyday.

Ciao!

All dependent how much freight is in the warehouse.  If you need motive to fly look at Air Hauler 2.  Perfect for what you are looking todo.  I posted in their forum about putting together an Alaska Freight Network featuring all the carriers up here. No one seemed interested. But for a solo gig would work perfect I think.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I used to plat AH2 but didn’t like it since I couldn’t do scheduled cargo. But I guess I can fly them on my own schedule outside of AH2. I think I need to fire that up again

Ciao!

11 minutes ago, briansommers said:

I used to plat AH2 but didn’t like it since I couldn’t do scheduled cargo. But I guess I can fly them on my own schedule outside of AH2. I think I need to fire that up again

If you want scheduled runs of stuff look into commodities.  Although finding them in villages will be almost impossible it’ll give you something to work and schedule if you can find them.  But if you want to try making a schedule.  Food starts in ANC with a mainline carrier makes it way to Bethel.  A plane will go to each and every village around there. I roads. You can start looking up Tyne populace and figure out which would take one load vs half a load.  For the most part gonna be a lot of out and backs maybe some multi leggers.

Look up Grant Aviations schedule. I had a friend that use to fly their GA-8 in Bethel.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Hi Brian, 

I do a similar thing, but make the cargo "medicine". That way I only have to load up a couple of hundred pounds and can make it a round robin delivery.

I imagine that pure cargo hauling would be one way much of the time due to weight restrictions?

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

On 2/1/2020 at 7:05 AM, Howellerman said:

Hi Brian, 

I do a similar thing, but make the cargo "medicine". That way I only have to load up a couple of hundred pounds and can make it a round robin delivery.

I imagine that pure cargo hauling would be one way much of the time due to weight restrictions?

In Alaska depends on the village size. There are some that you make multiple stops.  But if push game to shove I’m sure they can change them to out and backs also.  Most of these flights are tapped out in weight though if not actually flying illegally over gross by ‘accident.’ 

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I used to fly from Cold Bay [PACD] to  False Pass   [PAKF]   back in the days of Microsoft  2004 sim with a Piper Cherokee Six freeware. I had a ball landing in False Pass doing passenger service/ mail, etc.. With X Plane 11, the airport needs to be fixed. [ the runway slopes too much, and the end of it is into a mountain edge] I checked Grant Aviation, and the airline flies the same route. Once this field is fixed, time to have fun again. Happy  Flying.!!!!!!!!!!!!