Sign in to follow this  
KL Oo

Good Asian Scenery for 4.5

9 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Take also Scenery Tech - Land class for Asia. It works well in P3Dv4 also.

ST Asia is better than default which doesn’t say much. It is mediocre and shows its age, to be polite. V1 has never been updated in 15 years. ST Indo-Pacific (Indonesia, Philippines, PNG etc.) is a little better (except that the city of Honiara is nowhere to be seen for instance ). A pity that Scenery Tech vanished from the addon market ages ago.

For Japan , the freeware from Mr. Haruo is excellent with Orbx Global and Vector, but also a little long in the tooth I suppose now. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 2/1/2020 at 12:34 AM, KL Oo said:

Excellent suggestions all! So far I've purchased WSSS which has exceeded my expectations.  It would be great to grab a Bangkok @Michael Moe whats that version of Bangkok like in P3D V4? I had it running years ago in FSX and recall it was 'ok' for the time. I'm guessing it would be pretty basic in comparision to other sceneries now?

Think I might also go with FT VHHX! T

Thanks all

Yeah it is what it is but still better than default. 

Michael Moe 

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Excellent suggestions all! So far I've purchased WSSS which has exceeded my expectations.  It would be great to grab a Bangkok @Michael Moe whats that version of Bangkok like in P3D V4? I had it running years ago in FSX and recall it was 'ok' for the time. I'm guessing it would be pretty basic in comparision to other sceneries now?

Thanks all

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thanks all

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thanks all

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Fly Tampa's Hong Kong is still a masterpiece in my opinion.  It is one of my top 10 airports of all time.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

On 1/29/2020 at 11:59 PM, Jude Bradley said:

Asia also includes Australia/New Zealand, so also take into account YSSY from Flytampa, and NZCH from https://windowlight.co.nz/godzoneWP/

Since when did Australia and New Zealand become part of Asia? I would love to know. Always thought they were part of Oceania...

As for OP's question, here are some airports that are pretty great:

Pacsim 

RKSI, RJGG, RJOA, RKPC, RCTP, ZSAM, RPLL

Taxi2Gate

VHHH (Although older, still works in V4.5)

WF Scenery Studio

ZGSZ, ZPPP, ZLXY, ZSSS, ZBAA, ZHCC, ZSHC

Imaginesim

WSSS, ZSPD

BDO Aviation

RJBB, VTSP

Technobrain

RJTT, RJOO, ROAH, RJCC

WingCreation (Although older, still works in V4.5)

RJAA, RJSS, RJSN, RJFU, RJNS, RJSF

Bridge Simulations

ZGGG, ZBAD, ZUUU, ZGSD

ACO Design

RCKH

Edited by Tino

Sante Sottile

On 1/30/2020 at 5:17 AM, F737NG said:

As for the rest of Asia, there's not a lot else left to recommend just yet. Drzewiecki Design is (AFAIK) still working on RJTT, RJAA and Tokyo city. FSDreamteam is working on a 'lite version' of ZBAD.

FSElite has just published some very early previews.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I feel so sorry and disappointed regarding no proper VHHH or VTBS and Vietnam also exist! Does dev. avoiding Asia due to Corona virus and dog/cat/rat-eating or what?!!! Dog, rat and cat taste good, belive me (no joke) Me, my self, can eat 2 rats without vomit once😐

Edited by Wennerholm
  • Like 1

Dev. Bridge makes excellent arpt!  

Edited by Wennerholm

Anyone using BDO's Phuket lately? Just purchased and have spent three hours trying to get it working. Annoyingly it requires multiple apx file replacements that seem to wipe out Krabi. That's one thing, but P3d just hangs as soon as Phuket is added to the scenery library.

ps- no, their website doesn't offer support (without providing real name, phone number, and address - yeah right), and email support is poor....

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Any new rumblings on new Asian airports?  Going to grab ICN, TPE, and MNL with the Pacsim sale.  Am thinking about HND but mixed reviews has me debating that one with how expensive it is.  I may end up waiting for the DD version of Tokyo airports.   I'll wait for the Chinese airports to go on sale before grabbing a few there as well.  Any other major airports that are in development?  SE Asia seems to have been neglected.  

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

On 2/4/2020 at 4:46 AM, Wennerholm said:

I feel so sorry and disappointed regarding no proper VHHH or VTBS and Vietnam also exist! Does dev. avoiding Asia due to Corona virus and dog/cat/rat-eating or what?!!! Dog, rat and cat taste good, belive me (no joke) Me, my self, can eat 2 rats without vomit once😐

What’s wrong with Taxi2Gate VHHH? I think it is very good and has been updated for v5. 

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot