Sign in to follow this  
yanfeng12342000

GTA V in VR now as R.E.A.L. as it gets!

What is this related to MSFS? Well it means we will eventually get VR, implemented by MS/Asobo or not.

This is very encouraging.

The not so encouraging: it's almost after 5 years...

• Like 1

Though, I've heard that as the game was not originally designed with VR in mind, some of its visual choices may be quite a bit more upchuck-inducing than will be comfortable for many users......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Though, I've heard that as the game was not originally designed with VR in mind, some of its visual choices may be quite a bit more upchuck-inducing than will be comfortable for many users......

There are some VR mods of GTA5 that have many problems, but this one is reported to be near perfect. So even if something is not designed for VR, it can still be great for VR.

There are other examples. FlyInside VR plugin for FSX is one of them. Of course it would be ideal MSFS would get a VR mode from ground up.

I not sure if it just doesn't support WMR at all or it just doesn't work as well as it does with SteamVR or Oculus.

But I'll give it a go and see if it works. I've always thought some of the older first person games would be fantastic in

VR. Stuff like Max Payne and Ghost Recon AWF

This GTA V VR Mod is really great! I use it just for free roaming in the GTA V world,

i used the v.3, but v.4 just reading the changelog oh dear cant wait to start it this WE ! 😍 😀

Edit: one other Person is also building a GTA V VR Mod, if someone

is interested you can checlk it out here: https://grandtheftvr.com/

Edited by Nedo68
link to another MOD

It does work with WMR headset (Samsung Odyssey+) but there is bunch of little things I'll have to figure out so I not sure I'll be that interested in ironing out the problem.

Edit: not so difficult to figure it out and now its rather remarkable. Made it up to Michael's fake funeral. I did go with "H" in the .bat file and then I upped the Graphic setting even more. Not a good idea. It slowed the FPS enough to make me feel I'll.

Have to say I wish that this was done with a lot of the old games from the past which I think are far better than the new games.

I will be googling for VR modes for other games in my old Stream collection.

Edited by Avidean

So, I've made good progress to getting this to work as intended.

It's amazing that one enthusiast can take a game like GTA5 and make a mod for it that turns it into the best VR game I've seen to date.

Granted that GTA5 is a gaming masterpiece to begin with but one wonders why RockStar hasn't done this themselves already.

Just amazing! Really. 😁

FYI, you'll need a strong stomach!🤮

Edited by Avidean
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1