Sign in to follow this  
Noodle

I'll try again

1 hour ago, Noodle said:

Anyone else have an opinion? 

I do.

Personally I'd rather Microsoft focus on developing the sim rather than provide benefits and incentives for the Insider program.  In less than a year we will all be flying in the new sim anyway, so any benefits would be very short term and thus not worth the developer's efforts.

In my opinion of course.

• Upvote 1

That‘s what spoiling does. One week without a goodie and all hell breaks loose.

• Upvote 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Imagine what will happen if the release date is postponed for maybe 2 weeks?

For one thing the mods wont have time to worry about not playing the sim, they will be too busy fighting fires.

My post had nothing to do with the lack of an update, and making a good faith observation does not make me spoiled. I haven't asked for a darn thing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mengy said:

I do.

Personally I'd rather Microsoft focus on developing the sim rather than provide benefits and incentives for the Insider program.  In less than a year we will all be flying in the new sim anyway, so any benefits would be very short term and thus not worth the developer's efforts.

In my opinion of course.

They can’t do both?

They are hiring/hired a community developer for the very reason to keep the community involved in the development. If there intentions matched the above what would be the need for that role. I think people should have more of an open mind to what they could possibly do.

https://www.asobostudio.com/careers/community-developer-flight-simulator-135

• Like 1

@Noooch I wasn‘t referring to you. It was a remark on the general atmosphere in here, plus not a dead serious one either.

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

This thread is off the rails, quite amusing.

I have no idea what is going on.  It's like watching a bunch of drunk people get in a verbal fight, where people are getting weirdly passionate about some random subject that doesn't remotely warrant it, lol.

• Like 1

I'm with Noodle on BOTH his points: 

• the freedom to simply express an innocent , and pretty much harmless, personal opinion;
  • and his perplexed disgust at the swift explosion out of nowhere of an anal mentality that descends on him for having the temerity to do so!

Like him, I'm like an excited little boy with his nose pressed hard against the shop-window, seeing the owner busy setting out all the delicious and colourful sweets, and wanting to know when we get to sample the goodies. 

Now the shop owner has a choice how to respond to the screaming hordes of excited kids. 

• He can pretend there's nobody outside, and ignore them. 
  • Or he can be rude and angry with them, and rush out his shop door flailing about with an angry broom.
  • Or he can be a loving, understanding uncle, and remember when he too was an excited little boy slobbering at the mere prospect of getting sweaty little fingers onto sticky sweets as quickly as possible.

Which version of shopowner do you want to deal with?  Careful with your choice!  The answer will reveal more about who YOU are.

What I would like to see from MsAsabo would be a bit  LOT more transparency on exactly how this Alpha /Beta testing is being managed, and is currently progressing.

The marketing communication in this regard has previously been generally superb (flawless in my opinion) - until recently.

Given the previous excellence at transparent communication, there is absolutely no reason at all why MsAsabo could not venture to be a little bit more forthcoming about the state of play here.  Instead of being ever more open and transparent, it seems they have now retreated (a bit!) into a more quiet, and somewhat non-communicative mode (in my opinion).

The minute you retreat into silence or minimal communication, is the minute you create a fertile ground for wild speculation.  And puts the previous good PR at risk.

It would be nice if MsAsabo could give us FS2020 enthusiasts a bit more idea of when "the rest of us" are going to come on board. 

"Have patience, dear people" is NOT a convincing response for excited kids!  Unless of course, you have the intention of opening the floodgates the next day. 

There's absolutely no harm in announcing HOW the ramping up of access is proceeding, how many people are on board now; how many are still "outsiders"; what are the issues which are impeding them joining at the moment, and what the general expectation by MsAsabo - at this point - is when these will likely be resolved."  One appreciates this is a very fluid situation, and things can change or be delayed. 

But please MsAsabo, just talk openly to us "Outsider Insiders".   More frequently.  And in more salacious detail.

It's not so hard to do.  It will make the journey to the final destination memorable and sweeter for all us kiddos! 😁

And it's Marketing 101. 

One excited kid!

😋

Edited by Jonnoxx
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, teflocarbon said:

This thread in a nutshell.

mGgkrZe.png

The AVSIM version of Discord's several people are typing meme, neat

This topic has deteriorated to nothing more  than an argument based on who gets the last word. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals