Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

Visible passengers? Yes or No

Visible passenger. Yes or No?   

131 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer if the passengers were visible?

• Yes
    • No

Would I prefer to see them? Yes of course. Is it even remotely important to me? No. It would just be a nice touch. Unlike other visual enhancements e.g. volumetric clouds, visually seeing passengers wouldn't have as big of an impact on the simulating side.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Nope. Resources.

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I like taking screen shots from a passenger view.  If I want to *be* a passenger I'll use the autopilot.

Having a cabin full of passengers on an airliner would probably cost a lot of performance.  Having a passenger in the right seat of a light plane probably wouldn't.  If you don't mind your view being obstructed, having a 3D passenger, even if not particularly high resolution, would be nice.

Even if we don't have a visible passenger in a light plane it would be nice to have the sound effects of passenger comments as long as they're varied enough and don't repeat the same few phrases all the time.

I wouldn't complain if they implemented something like the A2A Cub's Heidi, complete with different personality types.  Even if she wasn't a 3D model in the cockpit.

Hook

Edited by LHookins

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

And I've never seen passengers in xplane, only in addons. So leave that as a choice 

Just make it optional...

3d passengers sounds like another add-on 3rd parties could produce too. So there's lots of variation.

Also, be good if the passenger clothing could be somewhat season aware too. 

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

I like to see my passengers from the outside in my A2A Comanche and 182, it helps visualize the weight distribution. But nobody inside is a bit disconcerting.

In a liner, I wouldn’t care either way except if it is a drain on performance. The sounds heard from the cockpit when passengers enter the cabin bring about some immersion though. 

• Upvote 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I am such a stickler for realism that I not only want to see the passengers and the crew, I want them to be specific to each airline.

For example, I want a load of drunken violent peasants who are seconds away from being thrown off the flight on my Ryanair NGs bound for Fuengirola with a cabin crew comprised entirely of either 18 years old girls with Scouse accents and make up that looks like it has been put on with a cannon, or young lads who seem to be a bit light in the loafers, whereas I should like to see a bunch of bored oil/gas rig workers in checkered shirts and rigger boots as passengers on my BA Dornier 328s and Flybe Dash 8s when they are on the way to either Gothenburg or Aberdeen, served by one female cabin crew member who is a solid 10 in anyone's books, whom you'd have no chance with.

I should also like the flight decks crews to be specific too, i.e. I want a slightly disheveled-looking overworked 21 year old four striper with only 800 hours total time at the controls of my ATRs and Dash 8s, whereas I should prefer to have people with 37,000 hours, who sound a bit posh, probably called Nigel, at the controls of my Etihad 787s. For any Asian airliners, I want that same oriental bloke whom they always use to portray numerous nationalities, from Korean to Malaysian, on all those episodes of Air Accident Investigation, when he plays the pilot who gets the blame for the crash despite it having actually been caused by a lithium battery going up in flames in the rear hold.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I would love to be able to look over and sea a reasonable facsimile of my wife sitting next to me as we take in the scenery. 

• Like 1

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

On 2/1/2020 at 4:01 PM, 503Kento said:

I would love to be able to look over and sea a reasonable facsimile of my wife sitting next to me as we take in the scenery. 

But then if anyone else used that passenger view, they'd have to swap seats with you, so you could sit next to your wife. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Yes. If we are all about realism, why would we want ghosts to be flying in our planes?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bonchie said:

why would we want ghosts to be flying in our planes?

So Samuel L. Jackson could make a movie about it?

Alan Bradbury

I would want to see passengers board and deboard the plane. Not only my aircraft, but also other AI planes. Something like GSX, but also for AI aircrafts.

During flight I barely leave the cockpit view, so I guess I wouldn't even notice them. But Seeing people board or walking in terminals would be pretty cool.

It depends 😉. In an 747 - no. If they are visible from the Pilot's seat (like in a Cessna) - yes, This would be immersiv for a lot of missions we had in FSX.

• Like 1

ugcx_banner.png

6 hours ago, MUC1 said:

It depends 😉. In an 747 - no. If they are visible from the Pilot's seat (like in a Cessna) - yes, This would be immersiv for a lot of missions we had in FSX.

I've seen a few examples of 3D passengers that were more immersion- breaking than empty seats. Like the "Victoria's Secret" lingerie model sitting in the co-pilot's seat, usually included by male developers of a certain age and immaturity. 

Even aside from that, what we'd consider realistic-looking passengers in a light GA plane will be different for everyone. I don't mind it as long as there is an "off" switch for the effect.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor