Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

Visible passengers? Yes or No

Visible passenger. Yes or No?   

131 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer if the passengers were visible?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:

I've seen a few examples of 3D passengers that were more immersion- breaking than empty seats. Like the "Victoria's Secret" lingerie model sitting in the co-pilot's seat, usually included by male developers of a certain age and immaturity. 

Even aside from that, what we'd consider realistic-looking passengers in a light GA plane will be different for everyone. I don't mind it as long as there is an "off" switch for the effect.

You must be taking about Heidi lol

Why would anyone want this? It's a data eater and if you are a pilot, looking at passengers is the last thing you are going to do. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

9 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Why would anyone want this?

Everyone is different.  Everyone has slightly different reasons for flying.  Some people like to role play different jobs.  I can understand someone that is role playing a big passenger jet, they would feel it easier to role play if they can see passengers.  This is no different than seeing a gas truck drive up to your jet.  Or a cargo run where you can see actual boxes.

I don't know what a data eater is, but obviously if you shut the cockpit door the passengers don't have to be rendered.  And as far as I am concerned, the passengers could be modeled from all the alternate pilot models.  Keeping in mind we already know there are at least several different pilot models.  So no real extra work for Asobo.  Other companies can make regional models.

And most importantly, don't like it, turn it off, set zero passengers.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Casualcas said:

You must be taking about Heidi lol

Heidi, Gretchen... the problem is that I can't specify blonde, brunette or red head, and I assume a female sim pilot would have her own preferences. So whatever the developer picks for a passenger in the other front seat is just not usually my type. 😉

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Whether using the internal or external view, that's going to be a performance killer!

Edited by andyjohnston.net

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I'd love to see myself! As in my arms, legs etc. on the controls; rather than when I look around in the plane and it's empty! Not that fussed with passengers

Although I think that in all reality the level of detail needed to make that realistic is probably prohibative.

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

4 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Whether using the internal or external view, that's going to be a performance killer!

Not necessarily, they're usually static 3D models. A full tubeliner might cause problems, but not anything at the scale of a biz jet or light GA.

Even a little light animation isn't a problem on a halfway decent computer. There are options for co-pilot and SAR stuff like a cable operator and patient with animated sling ops in the X-Trident Bell 412 (XP11), and I don't see any frame rate hit with that option activated.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

5 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

If you are looking at passengers, then you aren't looking at the cockpit full of controls and dials and displays.  That takes quite a load off.  And these devs have modeled photorealistic landscape, something others said couldn't be done with decent performance.

• Like 1

I would especially since we can create missions. FSW had this option in the Pro Mission Tool and I made a mission where you picked up a pilot that had to ditch in a lake cause of engine trouble. When I landed on the lake to pick him up near the beach, the door actually opened for him to get in, and afterwards he showed up in the passenger seat, so yes this would be cool, but make it an option for people to turn on or off 🙂 Just like a lot of options some want it, some don't! For instance missions, some wanted it and some did not, but we are getting them anyway. As they already stated when the SDK comes out to developers they can work on planes, scenery, and missions if I read it correctly awhile back! And IF we will be able to walk around on the ground to the plane it would be cool to see you in the seat after getting in. But that's just me!

So of course YES from me! Not on release, but at some point it would be nice to have the option.

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

If they want to make the sim perfect, they should include a Boeing 707 and populate its cabin with 3D models several of these stalwarts: a nun with a guitar, a sick child, and even more specifically, Peter Graves as the pilot who keeps 'bothering' a little kid. Plus of course, in various positions, George Kennedy, Leslie Nielsen, Charlton Heston, Jacqueline Bisset, Dana Andrews, Karen Black, Efrem Zimbalist Jr etc, but most importantly, Barbara Billingsley speaking 'jive' to Norman Alexander Gibbs and Al White.

'Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da rebound on da med side.'

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

No matter how powerful your system is, it will eventually run out of resources. I’d prefer to be able to use all of the resources to make the sim work as well as possible. It would be interesting to have the option of seeing passengers but it wouldn’t be a preference for me. As long as the weight and C of G reflected the load accurately, I’d be happy.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I voted no! Why waste resources. And to be honest,  rather than increasing immersion I find passengers reduce immersion. Reduce immersion because they look like what they are... fake computer generated representations of people that don't actually look realistic in the least. With their silly repetitive head movements and sub par rendering. They also look a bit creepy. 😁 Sims are for grownups, not those who like characters bobbing their heads back and forth like those annoying dog toys people used to put on the back seats of cars.

I bet the above will wind you up chaps. 

Edited by martin-w

AVSIM community: we want a simulator, not a video game!

also AVSIM community: what about a passenger mode where you can chose your seat at the aircraft will fly itself automatically and flight attendants that ask you your choice of drink when coming down the aisle.

39 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

AVSIM community: we want a simulator, not a video game!

also AVSIM community: what about a passenger mode where you can chose your seat at the aircraft will fly itself automatically and flight attendants that ask you your choice of drink when coming down the aisle.

Shhhhhhhhhh!

Many people find pointing out such inconsistancies..... objectionable.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

5 hours ago, martin-w said:

I voted no! Why waste resources. And to be honest,  rather than increasing immersion I find passengers reduce immersion. Reduce immersion because they look like what they are... fake computer generated representations of people that don't actually look realistic in the least. With their silly repetitive head movements and sub par rendering. They also look a bit creepy. 😁

This. I'm with this guy for the same reasons.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2