Sign in to follow this  
Maxxiiime

Problem with Tomato Shade

Hello, I have a problem with tomato shade.

It does not apply modifications in games even if the console says "apply succefully". When I go into the game I have the basic shaders, they are even worse. I tried different presets but the problem does not come from there. Once I reopen Tomato Shade, there are no saved settings, everything is like I did nothing.

Has someone already had this problem ?

Can someone help me ? 

Max 

What Games? isn't it only for P3D?

Was a configuration first imported?

e.g. File -> Open

And the configuration applied.

Actions -> Apply Preset (orthe F9 key)

Should also check the General -> Status page and confirm the paths are all correctly set.

New Zealand Adam has nice presets he's put together.

https://www.nzfsim.org/

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

10 hours ago, Rogen said:

What Games? isn't it only for P3D?

Was a configuration first imported?

e.g. File -> Open

And the configuration applied.

Actions -> Apply Preset (orthe F9 key)

Should also check the General -> Status page and confirm the paths are all correctly set.

New Zealand Adam has nice presets he's put together.

https://www.nzfsim.org/

Cheers

Yes it is on P3D v4.5 and i imported the RD preset first.

But the problem is that Tomato don't save the preset even if it is marked "apply succefully"

Note quite sure by what you mean?

1), Do you mean you've imported a configuration, made changes and then cannot save the modified config via the menu item of File -> SaveAs?

2), Or do you mean you've imported a configuration, made changes (or not), applied the configuration but it doesn't appear to be doing anything in P3D?

3), Or are you particualrly talking about the reflections part of Tomatoshade?

Anyway continuing on...

Assuming the reflections side of Tomatoshade is not being used  and a NZ Adam preset (which do not use the reflection components of Tomatoshade).

Master Shaders: \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\

The shaders in the above location are what you might consider to be the "Master" shaders, and are used to populate the P3D shader cache dynamically as you fly. It is these "Master" shaders that Tomatoshade modifies and is the reason a backup of the "Master" shaders should be made prior to applying Tomatoshade.

Shader Cache: \AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\

The shader cache will fill with files as you fly and are built from the "Master" shaders noting the files in the shader cache can be deleted safely as they are dynamically re-created as you fly. Indeed there are many times the shader cache will need to be cleared to resolve issues, especially when P3D is updated.

So, knowing the above, when you click apply in Tomotoshade it should update the "Master" shaders and clear the shader cache.

You can check by confirming there are no files in the shader cache and there shoud be some different modified dates on a selection of the "Master" shaders.

If the above is not happening check the Tomatoshade General -> Status page and confirm the paths and versions are all what they should be for your P3D release in use.

If the pathing is all fine and a vaild preset has been imported Tomatoshade should have no problems doing it's stuff, by default it runs as an admin so there should be no permissions issues when writing to the "Master" shaders.

Once in P3D you'll also need to adjust the lighting according to the author's recommended values to complement the preset.

Could it be the effects are subtle, maybe a little too subtle to be easily noticable?

Otherwise some more info would be useful, e.g the paths and version from the Tomatoshade General -> Status page.

What preset is being loaded and where it can be downloaded from.

A list of changes being made to the preset (if any).

Lighting config being applied in P3D.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

You should definitely go see some video on Youtube, some tutorial maybe,... could help you a little, you know?
 I do it all the time, if i face any issues sometimes.

15 hours ago, Rogen said:

Note quite sure by what you mean?

1), Do you mean you've imported a configuration, made changes and then cannot save the modified config via the menu item of File -> SaveAs?

2), Or do you mean you've imported a configuration, made changes (or not), applied the configuration but it doesn't appear to be doing anything in P3D?

3), Or are you particualrly talking about the reflections part of Tomatoshade?

Anyway continuing on...

Assuming the reflections side of Tomatoshade is not being used  and a NZ Adam preset (which do not use the reflection components of Tomatoshade).

Master Shaders: \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\

The shaders in the above location are what you might consider to be the "Master" shaders, and are used to populate the P3D shader cache dynamically as you fly. It is these "Master" shaders that Tomatoshade modifies and is the reason a backup of the "Master" shaders should be made prior to applying Tomatoshade.

Shader Cache: \AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\

The shader cache will fill with files as you fly and are built from the "Master" shaders noting the files in the shader cache can be deleted safely as they are dynamically re-created as you fly. Indeed there are many times the shader cache will need to be cleared to resolve issues, especially when P3D is updated.

So, knowing the above, when you click apply in Tomotoshade it should update the "Master" shaders and clear the shader cache.

You can check by confirming there are no files in the shader cache and there shoud be some different modified dates on a selection of the "Master" shaders.

If the above is not happening check the Tomatoshade General -> Status page and confirm the paths and versions are all what they should be for your P3D release in use.

If the pathing is all fine and a vaild preset has been imported Tomatoshade should have no problems doing it's stuff, by default it runs as an admin so there should be no permissions issues when writing to the "Master" shaders.

Once in P3D you'll also need to adjust the lighting according to the author's recommended values to complement the preset.

Could it be the effects are subtle, maybe a little too subtle to be easily noticable?

Otherwise some more info would be useful, e.g the paths and version from the Tomatoshade General -> Status page.

What preset is being loaded and where it can be downloaded from.

A list of changes being made to the preset (if any).

Lighting config being applied in P3D.

Cheers

Yes this is the problem 2 "2), Or do you mean you've imported a configuration, made changes (or not), applied the configuration but it doesn't appear to be doing anything in P3D?"

Everything is good on Tomatoshade, I have the latest version (31) P3D(4.5) folder, P3D version, cache, but that not apply in game. I'm opening it in administrators, I apply the preset ( I also have the green message apply completed" but that doesn't appear on the sim.

I have follow every tutorial on Ytb, reinstall P3D, i have even reset my computer in case of corrumpting file but that change nothingbgtVeoW.pnghhrjMT2.png

Edited by Maxxiiime

5 hours ago, mitsos said:

You should definitely go see some video on Youtube, some tutorial maybe,... could help you a little, you know?
 I do it all the time, if i face any issues sometimes.

I have followed every tutorial availaible on Ytb and because that don't work i'm posting a topic here 😉