Sign in to follow this  
randy2101

The Q400 Project

Home Cockpit builder... Please join us on our journey building the Q400.. We are in the process of building the Q400 - Dash 8

The Q400 Project

We just got started and are making progress.. please leave comments and suggestions and even ask questions as we can all learn together.. 

TheQ400Project.com TEAM!!!!!!

Screen-Shot-2020-05-09-at-12.20.18-PM.pn

Hi everyone. 

About 6 months back I wrote a lengthy post on this thread stating that I had the manufacturing ability and knowhow to build highly accurate and detailed custom aircraft panels but I lacked the coding ability to make them work with advanced payware (like the MJC Q400). 

A few of you answered the call and six months later I am happy to report that we have completed a phase 1 prototype of the MJC Q400 Overhead panel. 

Aside from the highly detailed and accurate panels, every light, button, switch, and gauge works exactly as it does in the sim. 

This work has been so successful, my partner Randy and I are ready to take it to the next level and we are looking for some other individuals to join our team. 

Our ultimate goal is to make full size cockpits of the Q400 (Dash 8). 

I am a mechanical engineer and Randy is a highly skilled coder. 

Our immediate needs are to find someone who can take our circuitry from breadboards and wires to PCBs. 

If you have such a skill and are interested in joining our project please get in touch. 

Here is a sample of what that would look like for one of the panels.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-09-at-12.41.17-PM.pn

Additionally, there may be other people out there that can help us. Naturally, all members of the team will be able to receive aircraft panels including an overhead panel, forward panel, glare shield, FMS, Center console, and throttle quadrant. 

If you have skills that you think will be valuable to us please get in touch. Needed skills include but are not limited to: 

Project Management – (experience taking projects from prototype to market ready)

Marketing (including web design and social media management)

Legal

The MJC Q400 payware aircraft is the ideal airplane for this project because the developers have put huge amounts of detail in the airplane. Every light, switch, and system have variables that can be accessed via coding hardware. 

Our goal is to eliminate the use of the mouse and keyboard during flight simulation while keeping all of the functionality of the airplane. That means that there are no switches, buttons or systems that don’t work in the sim. 

TLDR

We need someone with PCB skills to join our team. If that’s you and you would like to be part of this project get in touch.      

Fly Safe Everyone,

Eli  

There is some more information about our project at www.theq400project.com

On 5/9/2020 at 1:49 PM, dellc2012 said:

Screen-Shot-2020-05-09-at-12.20.18-PM.pn

Hi everyone. 

About 6 months back I wrote a lengthy post on this thread stating that I had the manufacturing ability and knowhow to build highly accurate and detailed custom aircraft panels but I lacked the coding ability to make them work with advanced payware (like the MJC Q400). 

A few of you answered the call and six months later I am happy to report that we have completed a phase 1 prototype of the MJC Q400 Overhead panel. 

Aside from the highly detailed and accurate panels, every light, button, switch, and gauge works exactly as it does in the sim. 

This work has been so successful, my partner Randy and I are ready to take it to the next level and we are looking for some other individuals to join our team. 

Our ultimate goal is to make full size cockpits of the Q400 (Dash 8). 

I am a mechanical engineer and Randy is a highly skilled coder. 

Our immediate needs are to find someone who can take our circuitry from breadboards and wires to PCBs. 

If you have such a skill and are interested in joining our project please get in touch. 

Here is a sample of what that would look like for one of the panels.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-09-at-12.41.17-PM.pn

Additionally, there may be other people out there that can help us. Naturally, all members of the team will be able to receive aircraft panels including an overhead panel, forward panel, glare shield, FMS, Center console, and throttle quadrant. 

If you have skills that you think will be valuable to us please get in touch. Needed skills include but are not limited to: 

Project Management – (experience taking projects from prototype to market ready)

Marketing (including web design and social media management)

Legal

The MJC Q400 payware aircraft is the ideal airplane for this project because the developers have put huge amounts of detail in the airplane. Every light, switch, and system have variables that can be accessed via coding hardware. 

Our goal is to eliminate the use of the mouse and keyboard during flight simulation while keeping all of the functionality of the airplane. That means that there are no switches, buttons or systems that don’t work in the sim. 

TLDR

We need someone with PCB skills to join our team. If that’s you and you would like to be part of this project get in touch.      

Fly Safe Everyone,

Eli  

There is some more information about our project at www.theq400project.com

Whatever happened to this?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next