Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Prepar3d V5 .zip accidentally shown on stream

4 hours ago, cowpatz said:

Obviously thirsty and time consuming work this sim developing. 🍺

This hate against Matt Davies is childish. None of your business how many liquor bottles he has on his book shelf. 

1 hour ago, michaelth said:

There seems to be not much interest in P3D anymore - all eaten up by Asobo eye candy. Maybe there will be a rebound once v5 releases.

Michael

The rebound will turn to vitriol once simmers realize that their addons aren't compatible anymore, they are asked to shell out again, or, even worse, major addon developers shrug their shoulders and say: sorry, we've moved to MSFS2020 and are not supporting P3D anymore.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

This hate against Matt Davies is childish.

in my opinion, it's envy.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

7 minutes ago, otreblA said:

in my opinion, it's envy.

It is.

I'd love to have a man cave like that, but SWMBO wouldn't allow it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Petraeus

8 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

hate

Really? It's unbelievable the low bar that has been establish in the time's we live for the use of the word hate or love for that matter. If you step out of the crowd and place yourself in front of them as your audience then don't expect a criticism free existence. Nor do you have a right to one. Nor does the audience have a duty to indulge you. In fact the audience has more of a duty not to indulge you.

I don't have any of Matt's products nor do I watch any of his contents but you don't have to know who he is to know that he gets wheel barrow loads of criticism empty on him. There is something to the notion that perhaps he has it coming. But what's going on here is nothing more than a little teasing because exposing the P3D V5 zip file was either very careless or he did it on purpose.

The little I have seen of Matt gives me the impression that he's not a thin skinned snow flake so I don't think the reaction he got here has sent him off to his therapist for counselling. Perhaps its exactly the reaction he was aiming for. There is no such thing as bad publicity.

The accusation of being haters levelled against those of us who made a little fun of Matt over his foible, deliberate or not is by far the worst insult in this thread.

In my culture if we are not making fun of you occasionally it means we don't like you and given Matt's accent I would say his cultural background is similar.

But don't worry about it I have very thick skin so I don't give a rats that you called me a hater. 😁

Edited by Avidean
  • Upvote 2

Matt is is big trouble 😂

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

hate? nah.. whilst I think Matt deserves some legimate criticism for the way he tackles business, I also have a certain admiration...he did take a risk with PTA, although I don't think I would have been able to be as shameless as he has been in the aftermath...

Part of me just doesn't get the twitch thing and why people would pay to watch someone else like that....and never will.  if he can monetise it fair play to him, but it would feel like conning an old lady out of her life savings to me!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Most surprising to me is how little has leaked about V5.  If I got my wish.  It would be big improvements that could be installed right on top of the current version.  Really would not look forward to having to re-install everything.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Personally, I wish for much better performance on high setting and the end of scenery loading pauses and continued backwards compatibility.

That will do me.😁

2 hours ago, Le Français said:

Matt is is big trouble 😂

I'd say he is as far as being a beta tester for LM is concerned if that file is authentic. If he is a Beta tester for LM and the file is fake he might still get the boot.

On the other hand, I once saw Matt doing an authorized video review of one of the P3D releases just before its release and every second word was an F-Bomb. I though that's the end of his Beta testing days but apparently not. Perhaps LM thinks there is no such thing as bad publicity too! 😂

On 2/3/2020 at 8:24 AM, Ricardo41 said:

The rebound will turn to vitriol once simmers realize that their addons aren't compatible anymore, they are asked to shell out again, or, even worse, major addon developers shrug their shoulders and say: sorry, we've moved to MSFS2020 and are not supporting P3D anymore.

If MS2020 is the generational leap that it promises to be, I don't mind if I have to pay to upgrade my apps onto it.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Rob's reply in this thread has me convinced that it is not faked but the real deal. Saying it the way he did is along the lines of something I would say when confronted with factual evidence in my line of work. 

Eric 

I suppose P3D v5 will just drop, out of the blue, one advantage is we won't have all this hype, and hopefully have near instant gratification.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

On 2/3/2020 at 7:24 PM, Ricardo41 said:

fully appreciate This hate against Matt Davies is childish. None of your business how many liquor bottles he has on his book shelf. 

Get a grip. No hate at all. Just a little humour.

It is easy to appreciate the many hours, pizzas and refreshments needed when coding.

Cheers

Steve Hall

On 03.02.2020 at 11:24, Ricardo41 said:

Most likely, the developers will not have enough resources for two simulators. 

They will offer to wait civilizedly.   But the vector of their attention and power will be fully given to 2020. There are many interesting prospects. Everything is new and modern there.

And if P3D requires updating all add-ons, this will lead to a logical attenuation of the process.

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

3 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Most likely, the developers will not have enough resources for two simulators. 

They will offer to wait civilizedly.   But the vector of their attention and power will be fully given to 2020. There are many interesting prospects. Everything is new and modern there.

And if P3D requires updating all add-ons, this will lead to a logical attenuation of the process.

LM has a very difficult task : v5 with better performance + new weather/clouds engine + backwards compatibility + improved lighting/shaders and other fixes.

If they cannot do that people will start to switch to MSFS as rebuying all addons for v5 and having a sim that is not on par with MSFS is something most of us do not want..

• Upvote 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0