Sign in to follow this  
BrettT

P3D Native VR

I have been a longtime Fly Inside user and am currently using P3DV4.5HF2.  I recently tried the native VR and have been very impressed.  I am getting a smooth experience, picture quality is much better.  I am able to turn on Dynamic Lighting, HDR and 4xSSAA and things look great.  The only complaint I have is the pop-up windows do not come up.  When I first tried it with the Majestic Dash-8 (pop up of the MFDs or radio panel, etc) they would work but then stopped.  Is there a setting I am missing that allows the pop-up windows to show up? 

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Brett

hmm having the same issue.

Just moved back to native VR HF2 from Flyinside and what a great sharp view and performance in my HP Reverb  😉

But i'm also struggle with ATC and GSX windows. Initial they pop up, but often after loading PMDG they don't pop up anymore....

Regards

Claus

Regards

Claus

System : Varjo Aero,  Intel i9 14900K 5,1 Ghz OC, RTX4090 24 GB, 64 GB RAM, 2 X M2 1TB, FS2020

https://claus34.wixsite.com/737sim

https://flightsim.to/profile/chansen

I haven't had any issues since pulling up one of the windows in 2D then switching over to VR.  These have worked well with A2A and the Q400.  I haven't gone back to try the PMDG 737 but will try when I get the opportunity

I tried the 737 last night and the pop ups worked but I encountered another issue.  There was a white Uncloseable window front and center in the same spot where the pop ups came up.  I couldn't get rid of it.  I presumed it was there from a previous 737 session that perhaps got closed out incorrectly.  It didn't show up in any of the other planes I have A2A Q400, etc

23 hours ago, BrettT said:

I tried the 737 last night and the pop ups worked but I encountered another issue.  There was a white Uncloseable window front and center in the same spot where the pop ups came up.  I couldn't get rid of it.  I presumed it was there from a previous 737 session that perhaps got closed out incorrectly.  It didn't show up in any of the other planes I have A2A Q400, etc

One solution is to hold the shift key and click on it with your mouse so you can drag it away to where you like. There are several combinations of key hold downs while clicking your mouse that will allow you to manipulate windows in VR. Check out the P3D documentation under VR for all the combinations.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

On 2/21/2020 at 5:44 PM, BrettT said:

It's the 2D Light Sensor that's causing these white rectangle.

You have to go to your aircraft Panel.cfg in your Simobject\airplanes\ folder and edit the window section [ Window19 ] for the old 737 and have to put 2x // for it.

Then it looks like // [ Window 19 ]

Save the panel.cfg and the white rectangle is then disabled in VR. (make a backup first)

On 2/21/2020 at 4:44 PM, BrettT said:

PMDG 737? If so, this white window is their light box thingy. It can be removed by undocking the tiny window right in the upper left corner before entering VR. Just right click and chose undock and the window won't show again. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2020 at 11:35 AM, BrettT said:

I have been a longtime Fly Inside user and am currently using P3DV4.5HF2.  I recently tried the native VR and have been very impressed.  I am getting a smooth experience, picture quality is much better.  I am able to turn on Dynamic Lighting, HDR and 4xSSAA and things look great.  The only complaint I have is the pop-up windows do not come up.  When I first tried it with the Majestic Dash-8 (pop up of the MFDs or radio panel, etc) they would work but then stopped.  Is there a setting I am missing that allows the pop-up windows to show up? 

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Brett

Hey Brett,

Can you share what hardware setup you have?

Thanks,
Raj