Sign in to follow this  
paradoxbox

Gauge font missing?

Hi, I just bought the Falcon 50 and it's wonderful.

Unfortunately the digital readouts for EGT and N1 don't display, and a number of the other gauges in the cockpit also appear blank. Any ideas?

I just looked at my Lear 35a and noticed it appears to have the same issue, the digital numbers in the altimeter are all messed up. This is the first time I've used Flysimware aircraft in P3D V4 so I'm wondering if that may be part of the problem.

Also, the load managers for both aircraft are completely blank wherever text would be expected.

Not running any migration tool or anything similar. Falcon 50 is a fresh install. Lear 35a works fine in P3D V3 so I know what it's supposed to look like.

Edited by paradoxbox

11 minutes ago, paradoxbox said:

Unfortunately the digital readouts for EGT and N1 don't display, and a number of the other gauges in the cockpit also appear blank. Any ideas?

I would check that you have the C and D electrical buses connected (rotary switches on the overhead should be in the vertical position). The N2 and Oil gauges will not work without the C and D buses powered up.

Al

Note it's not only the gauges but the loading panel windows for both aircraft - I can't see the aircraft weights, fuel to be loaded etc.

11 minutes ago, paradoxbox said:

Note it's not only the gauges but the loading panel windows for both aircraft - I can't see the aircraft weights, fuel to be loaded etc.

Do you have the file XMLTools64.dll in your main P3Dv4 folder, and the entry below in your P3Dv4 DLL.XML file?

Al

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

Yep, the dll file is in the main directory, and the xml you've posted is in the dll.xml file exactly as you've posted it.

Just looking through the old threads in this forum, one user at some point had a similar issue to mine and someone mentioned it was most likely a missing or corrupted font file.

Before I go uninstalling and reinstalling everything I'd like to just try replacing the fonts..!

35 minutes ago, paradoxbox said:

Just looking through the old threads in this forum, one user at some point had a similar issue to mine and someone mentioned it was most likely a missing or corrupted font file.

Before I go uninstalling and reinstalling everything I'd like to just try replacing the fonts..!

There is a Fonts folder in the main P3Dv4 folder, and I would guess there is a similar folder in P3D (which I don't have). Since the Lear35 at least works in P3Dv3 you could compare the contents of the Font folders and copy from P3Dv3 to P3Dv4 I suppose. BTW, by looking at the code the font used by the payload manager seems to be the quartz font.

Al

Unfortunately it didn't work. Files were all the same size and date anyway. Confirmed the quartz font was there but still no go, payload managers are blank.

59 minutes ago, paradoxbox said:

Unfortunately it didn't work. Files were all the same size and date anyway. Confirmed the quartz font was there but still no go, payload managers are blank.

Are other aircraft working OK in P3Dv4.5? If so, the only suggestions I have left at this point are:

1. Make sure you are not using a bad saved flight. Just load the default F-35 first, then switch to the Falcon and see what happens.

2. Uninstall the Falcon and then delete any folders or files left in the install location. Then reinstall the Falcon.

Al

Edited by ark

Getting a little confused by what the problem is - it is more prevalent in the Lear but it's present in both aircraft.

I did a complete uninstall / folder delete of both airplanes then reinstalled, no joy, so I uninstalled both planes AND P3D V4.5. Reinstalled P3D 4.5, then the aircraft, same story. No change.

As you can see the lear's altitude select gauge is blank, but it is working - I'm able to set an altitude by rotating the dial and the AP will follow it. But it and a number of other gauges are just blank and don't work properly, and still, the payload managers for both aircraft show black empty boxes.

broken.jpg

Edited by paradoxbox

Update: It's definitely a font problem. After finding another post about a similar problem with an aerosoft product, I tested out the Quartz font in MS Word and it wasn't displaying properly. I at least have a good starting place now, going to try to fix this, it's most likely a windows issue not an aircraft issue.

21 minutes ago, paradoxbox said:

Update: It's definitely a font problem. After finding another post about a similar problem with an aerosoft product, I tested out the Quartz font in MS Word and it wasn't displaying properly. I at least have a good starting place now, going to try to fix this, it's most likely a windows issue not an aircraft issue.

I can send you the quartz.ttf file to try if you PM me an email address.

Al

Got it fixed! Looks like the font was corrupted in the windows directory. A reinstall followed by reboot restored it, now it looks beautiful in both jets 🙂 thanks very much for the help.

3 minutes ago, paradoxbox said:

Got it fixed! Looks like the font was corrupted in the windows directory. A reinstall followed by reboot restored it, now it looks beautiful in both jets 🙂 thanks very much for the help.

😊

James, hello!

If you install Lear35 in P3D4.5, then you should upgrade your version of Lear to the latest 4.2. In the latest version, VC textures are much more beautiful than those that are visible in your screenshot. Most likely, you just have the old version installed.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020