Sign in to follow this  
MAHLER

JustFlight Vulcan

Have been thinking of buying this recent rendition of  this iconic aircraft, the demo looks very good, however

handling the aircraft as a one pilot crew really does require an autopilot able to hold altitude reliably when

trimmed of course, I would appreciate any feedback from other simmers who have already shelled out £40.

Regards

Mike

Video review of it I did a while back linked below.

If you don't want to watch the video, I can sum things up for you in saying that, as many people probably know, Just Flight's development team 'upped their game' quite a bit in the past couple of years. This means their output is not as prolific as it used to be as more time is spent on detail, but the quality of what they produce has gone up considerably because of this of course, as they spend more time on each project. Their more recent GA aeroplane add-ons are good examples of this move towards more depth and quality.

JF's  Vulcan is another such project which benefited from this change in focus from quantity to quality. However, the need to charge more for a stuff they spend more time on developing does mean that long time fans of Just Flight's output have had to get use to the fact that they will be paying a bit more for stuff from Just Flight than they had been used to. But, you do get what you pay for and if you want a very good AVRO Vulcan for your flight simulator, then you won't be disappointed with this one. At the end of the day, for 40 quid, it costs about the same as a Saturday night in the pub, so it's not massively expensive for such a detailed simulation of an iconic aeroplane, so personally I would say it is worth having.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thank you Chock, I've already viewed your very informative video previously,  however Autopilot reliability is my prime concern, how do you rate

it particularly altitude hold?.

Mike

I've not had a problem with that, but I know some people have, so I'm guessing it is one of those difficult to pin down issues related to something on people's individual system which causes that. My solution to that (potential) problem, would be to try the demo and see if that works, and if all seems okay, then you'll know you're okay. Note that you should fully uninstall the demo and clean traces of it off before installing the full version if you subsequently choose to buy it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Many thanks for your comments Chock, the demo restricts  you to 1500' unfortunately which makes it rather

difficult to assess.

Mike