Sign in to follow this  
Rob_Ainscough

RealSimGear GTN750

I'm seeking users with experience with the following:

RealSimGear GTN750

Some of my specific questions:

I have RealityXP GTN 750 for P3D and XP, but several of my aircraft only support F1 GTN 750 ... will the F1 GTN 750 work with this unit?

How does the HDMI connection work and why is it needed?... is it a pass-thru, or will I need to get 1-3 HDMI 4K splitter?  I'm currently going thru an HDMI 1-2 splitter (one to my main monitor and one to my video capture PC).

Also looking to buy the GNS530 and 

RealSimGear GNS 530

RealSimGear GNS 430

These units are USB only it seems.  Would love a list of aircraft that support all these units in both XP11 and P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I have RealityXP GTN 750 for P3D and XP, but several of my aircraft only support F1 GTN 750 ... will the F1 GTN 750 work with this unit?

I have been able to adapt in the RXP GTN for the F1 version in 100% of the aircraft I own.  What aircraft are you having issues with?

Frank Patton
MSI Z490 WiFi MOB;  i7 10700k Comet Lake 3.8 Ghz CPU; Ripjaws 32 gb DDR4 3600; ASUS GTX 1070 TI Turbo 8GB; MasterCase H500M; Corsair H100i Pro cooler; Corsair RMX850X PSU; ASUS VG289 4K 27"; Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Quadrant (A+), Saitek Pro Cessna pedals.  Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126 
                        There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

Hi Rob,

I have the GTN 750 RSG unit.  I use it with the Reality XP GTN 750 in all of my flights 🙂

Any plane that has a F1 GTN support can be "replaced" by the Reality XP unit.  Meaning that you use the plane configuration to setup the F1 in the aircraft.  Then you use the ADD-ON menu (FYI I only use P3D) to launch the RXP configuration utility which will allow you to replace the F1 products.  Then you use the configuration menu to setup the use of "sim commands" so that the hardware will send the commands to the software.

I have done some videos on it if you need to have a look.

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

What aircraft are you having issues with?

I've not tried to adapt the RXP GTN 750 to any aircraft that doesn't support it native so not really reporting any issues.   But for the aircraft I own/use from Milviz, Carenado, A2A, JustFlight (maybe a few others I don't remember).

For the RealSimGear, how is the HDMI port being used, what are the requirements for it?

I've read this thread from A2A where they suggest some issues with RXP (like Nav/GPS mode, blocking the gauge, etc.): https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60518&start=15#p474827

I'll provide a list of aircraft that I have/use and their native F1/RXP options ... will get back to you.

Cheers, Rob.

4 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

Then you use the configuration menu to setup the use of "sim commands" so that the hardware will send the commands to the software.

Excellent, I'm heading out now but will review your video later tonight.  Does this keep the "integrated" gauge in VC or is it a popup 2D panel?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

The HDMI is to act as a "additional Monitor" so that you use an Undocked screen to fill the view.  This is whey there is a "no Bezel" option for a pop up.  You undock the the Pop up and then drag it onto the other screen which is the RSG 750.

The RXP software will replace the F1 750 "config" so that all fits correctly.  and you see the display in that area....however since you have the dedicated GTN 750 unit you would be doing all of the interfacing with it.

Works great...I love it...even though i am starting to rub the HOME and Direct To screening off the buttons 🙂

Les

Les O'Reilly

Hmmmm ... separate view window scares me, usually a huge FPS hit associated with that.

Have you done any FPS testing with and without RSG 750? 

Is the existing render on the RXP 750 in VC disabled?  Blank space? 

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I've not tried to adapt the RXP GTN 750 to any aircraft that doesn't support it native so not really reporting any issues. 

Rob. Honestly here.  Isn't that like not adapting modern avionics such as GPS into an aircraft that originally only came with vacuum gauges?

Frank Patton
MSI Z490 WiFi MOB;  i7 10700k Comet Lake 3.8 Ghz CPU; Ripjaws 32 gb DDR4 3600; ASUS GTX 1070 TI Turbo 8GB; MasterCase H500M; Corsair H100i Pro cooler; Corsair RMX850X PSU; ASUS VG289 4K 27"; Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Quadrant (A+), Saitek Pro Cessna pedals.  Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126 
                        There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

Rob,

I have had no noticeable drop in FPS by running the 750 on another screen as long at that monitor is on the same GFX card as the main render.

I have had flicker and frame drop on a monitor that was connected to a GFX card the twas not the main render engine.

I have done a bunch of videos in this configuration and used them for real world practice.  That said I am sure I could claw at least 1-5 frames more if I could render this on a second PC 🙂  I have asked that they implement this on that PC.

FYI on some of those issues with getting the plane to follow courses -- this is where others have posted the you need to use the config screen to make sure that the correct settings are made.  There is like 3 different settings for tying the HSI/VOR Into the GPS...apparently a few different vendors expect a different control.  RXP runs their official support here on AVSIM  they are very supportive and better yet the community -- especially @Bert Pieke helps with configuring the RXP products into Planes that have no support at all 🙂  While also helping put the 750 into planes that have sub par avionics!

Les O'Reilly

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Isn't that like not adapting modern avionics such as GPS into an aircraft that originally only came with vacuum gauges?

Hi Frank,

I think perhaps you are reading too much into my statement, I have no opposition to adapting RXP 750 ... I will make it happen if I can.

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

I have had no noticeable drop in FPS by running the 750 on another screen as long at that monitor is on the same GFX card as the main rende

Hi Les,

Just watched your video, excellent, much appreciated.  It looks like the undocked windows aren't operating the main world render so I agree it probably will have no significant impact on FPS.  One thing I'm confused about, you had both RSG 530 and 750 using undocked windows, but I didn't see any mention on RSG website for the 530 or 430 that it needs an HDMI connection (the 750 was the only one listed for HDMI requirement)?  Not a problem converting my DisplayPort to HDMI, my Titan RTX has 1 HDMI port, 3 DisplayPorts, and 1 VirtualLink port ... but do I need dedicated video out for each RSG device (750, 530, 430)?

Have you encountered any USB connectivity issues (drops, power cycling, data errors)?

Cheers, Rob.

Here is a list of my aircraft purchases showing current F1/RXP support ... excel sheet.  It does seem that I can cover most of them with the GTN 750 and GNS 530.

Aircraft List

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Rob_Ainscough

UPDATE: Tried to contact RSG via their web site contact form, unfortunately no response.

Cheers, Rob.

On 2/3/2020 at 1:40 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Hi Frank,

I think perhaps you are reading too much into my statement, I have no opposition to adapting RXP 750 ... I will make it happen if I can.

Hi Les,

Just watched your video, excellent, much appreciated.  It looks like the undocked windows aren't operating the main world render so I agree it probably will have no significant impact on FPS.  One thing I'm confused about, you had both RSG 530 and 750 using undocked windows, but I didn't see any mention on RSG website for the 530 or 430 that it needs an HDMI connection (the 750 was the only one listed for HDMI requirement)?  Not a problem converting my DisplayPort to HDMI, my Titan RTX has 1 HDMI port, 3 DisplayPorts, and 1 VirtualLink port ... but do I need dedicated video out for each RSG device (750, 530, 430)?

Have you encountered any USB connectivity issues (drops, power cycling, data errors)?

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

All of the modules are "individual" monitors.  You have to connect them to separate ports on your GFX card(s).

So yes -- I have 4 Monitors connected to my 2080... 1 43 inch main monitor, 1 750, 1 530 and 1 FDS 777 CDU.  Additionally I have another 27 inch monitor connected to the Onboard Video but none of the Flight sim apps are on it.  When I use a second GFX card the 777 CDU screen would flicker.

The RSG 750 has been great but at the heart of it really is the RXP software....That is the best product I own...Love it.

Les O'Reilly

On 2/2/2020 at 4:59 PM, fppilot said:

I have been able to adapt in the RXP GTN for the F1 version in 100% of the aircraft I own.  What aircraft are you having issues with?

I agree.  This is the first I've heard of any inconsistencies between the two developers' versions of the GTN.

16 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

The RSG 750 has been great but at the heart of it really is the RXP software

Oh certainly, I purchased the RXP software some time ago.

I'll probably go with the RSG 750 and 530, but need to earn some money first.

Cheers, Rob.