Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Saitek Controllers configuration for P3D

Hello all again,

Well after two further days, now my Saiteks are back to their old tricks.

I do not have the P3Dv4 version of FSUIPC although I do have it for FS2004, FSX and Xplane. I have never used it before so I figure what I do have is just registered versions of a freeware programme. I do not particularly want to buy a new version just for P3D because my Saitek controllers are not doing what they should.

I tried Olivers programme (in fact, I have spent all day with it and I have some major problems there too, in saving the settings for one aircraft ... flying it with no problems, getting into xplane for a flight and then coming back to find that no controls in P3D work.  There is something dramatically wrong with my downloaded version of P3D or simply the fact that both quadrants should NOT be USB for some reason.

I have reverted back to importing my saved controls and re assigning my throttle quadrants. The good thing is that my Trim wheel, Rudder pedals yoke and keyboard settings are all retained (in the saved files) and work normally. Just the words not allowed quadrants.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

4 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

This can Also be done automatic via FSUIPC.

Michael Moe 

The AxisAndOhs tool is for people who don't have FSUIPC and/or for those who prefer a graphical interface for controller assignment.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

3 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

coming back to find that no controls in P3D work.

Hello Tony,

If you want, contact me via email. This sounds like you have both the controllers in P3D and those in the tool active at the same time - that will not work out so well.

Setups are not saved in AxisAndOhs, it remembers them automatically. They are mapped per aicraft model, so when you change to a different plane, you have to give it a new controller setup of its own - or assign an existing one.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Tony,  If you are still having problems with your Saitek controllers even after Oliver Binder's help then I suggest you really should have a look at Spad.neXt.  It is designed specifically to work with all of the Saitek/Logitech Pro Flight hardware (and others) and it is easy to configure how you want it to work for each aircraft type you have in FSX/FSX-SE, P3D or xPlane.  There are also numerous online settings other uses have uploaded and you can easily load them into the program to use your self or modify as you wish.

Having two independant USB throttle controllers isn't normal so I am not sure if they will both work together with Spad.neXt, although it is always worth a try. Otherwise you could always modify an exisiting one or buy a replacement one on eBay to plug into your Yoke's round socket.  A powered USB hub is also a good idea because it can be used to plug all of your Saitek hardware into and free up other USB ports.        .  

Edited by berts

1 minute ago, berts said:

Having two independant USB throttle controllers isn't normal

What do you mean? I have three of them connected at the same time.  

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Bernie,

I agree with Oliver in that the word you probably should have used, was common rather than "normal' in regard to the use of 2 x USB quadrants. Certainly not common but there are a few people using this configuration. I also did quite a bit of research before going with this configuration.

SpadneXt, to my knowledge, is a payware alternative to a payware FSUIPC and unless, I really, really, have to, not a path I wish to follow. given that I have never resorted to the benefits of the payware FSUIPC I already own.

As mentioned also, I do have powered hubs (USB2 and USB3 ... I do not use unpowered hubs)

Modifying anything FlightSim hardware related is NOT going to be an option here, at least, in my lifetime. We have computer stores here still selling and servicing dotmatrix printers and technicians who do not know what a GPU is, or how to install multiple monitors (all graphics they deal with are onboard graphics) ALL my hardware comes from Australia or via Amazon type outlets in America or the UK.

Oliver, 

I am very much aware of what your programme is about. I believe it is quite a brilliant product and SHOULD fulfill all my needs. I believe though, that my problem is P3D and not my controllers, as they are working very normally in all my other flight sim platforms.

Conflict with P3d and your software was one of my first thoughts. So, even before I installed your software, I went into P3D and disabled the joystick and then deleting all the Axis/Buttons/Keys assignments leaving nothing whatsoever assigned. I also deleted all my saved settings. I then very quickly realized that there was no provision for key assignment in your software so back into P3D and I re-assigned all, and only, my key requirements, which I then exported.

Only then, did I start configuring your product with all the aforementioned problems. Please also remember that I have only done this for two aircraft (the default Carenado AC Commander and the Carenado DA62) so when I said none of the settings worked , I was referring to only for those two aircraft.

The thing that puzzles me most, is that after I temporarily abandoned your programme, I went into P3D after rebooting and all the default settings for keyboard and AXIS/Buttons were back.  How is P3D remembering everything I have deleted, including Axis assignments which were ALL deleted. This is the problem I think. P3D is reverting back to default settings everytime I load P3D and is not remembering any of my inputs. Is it at all possible to physically and manually delete all Default settings other than deleting each and every default assignment. I am setting, for example all the yoke axis, and then, I am going back to the aircraft and then back into settings for the next controller. I would be happy, well, reasonably, happy if I could get rid of all the default settings and simply import a good, saved settings file that was not being reversed.(quadrants)

Regards with thanks to you all for your inputs

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hello Oliver, what I meant to say was that it is not a 'normal' hardware setup to have a Saitek Yoke with only two USB type throttle quadrants, simply because of the fact that the Yoke is supplied with its own throttle quadrant which has a round connector to plug into it's base (I appreciate it works through the Yoke's own USB port if you want to split hairs again). The vast majority of users will 'normally' need to purchase only one USB throttle quadrant if they want to fly a four engined aircraft with four independant thrust levers and two extra axis controls to work with the Spoilers and Flaps. 

I can only assume you have three throttle quadrants connected at the same time because you fly something like the Boeing B56; but unlike the B744 that aircraft isn't quite as 'common' - or is it? 😁  Cheers!

Edited by berts

9 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

How is P3D remembering everything I have deleted, including Axis assignments which were ALL deleted.

Hello Tony,

controller assignment revolves around the files "standard.xml" and "standard.xmlx". You will find them in "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls"

1. The ".xmlx" file contains the templates of all controllers that were known at the time the file was made. It comes with the simulator when you install it. 
  2. The ".xml" file is the current setup. On every start, the simulator looks for USB game controllers, and if it finds one, and has a template for it in the ".xmlx", it copies that template over to the ".xml". 
  3. Your changes that you make as a user in P3D are saved in the ".xml".

What you should check now, is two things - the properties of the config file itself and the USB controllers.

• Check the file properties of the "standard.xml": Is it read-only? Whom does it belong to - you or some admin account that may prevent writing to the file? Both issues would lead to P3D forgetting about your changes as a user because it can't persist them (=it can't write to the file).
  • Observe the file properties and contents, see if it is even changed (when starting or shutting down P3D) and make sure that no other tool/addon/process does "something" with the file. (for example a backup solution like OneDrive restoring the file every time it is changed - I have seen that happen before)
  • Inside the "standard.xml" you will find the assignments grouped into <SimControls.Map> tags. The <Name> tells you the GUID of the controller - try to observe the file to find out if that GUID changes between shutting down and starting up your computer. A good indication would also be if Windows signals that it found a new controller every time you boot up. 
    I had a problem like that once. An electrical fault in one of the USB hubs made Windows "rediscover" the two TQs on my center console every time the computer was started, and they were assigned new GUIDs ever so often. I ultimately threw out all hubs and bought new ones.
  • Since you are on Windows 10, there might be an issue with the power management features of the USB implementation. I wrote a tool once that disables EPM for all game controllers. You would notice that when Windows is playing the system sounds for attaching and removing USB devices ever so often. And the Saitek RadioPanles turn on and off all the time.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

9 hours ago, berts said:

I can only assume you have three throttle quadrants connected at the same time because you fly something like the Boeing B56; but unlike the B744 that aircraft isn't quite as 'common' - or is it? 

Hello Bertie,

I don't have a Saitek yoke, so that option never presented itself. I was only interested in the TQs. I had others before that, but the Saiteks are better suited for me.

Why three? I wanted my DeskPit to be "multi-aircraft-capable" 😉

• To my right I built a center console out of floorboards that holds two TQs and two RadioPanels. Pulling it back, I can make room for the TPM, normally sitting to the far right.
  • To my left I have a small table with the third TQ and an old CH F-16 throttle 
  • I mounted an old CH F-16 FlightStick on an upside-down table leg, which in turn is bolted to a wooden plate. That plate can be attached to my floor either to my left (Airbus) or between my seat and the desk (normal control stick).
  • The yoke is sitting in the middle of the desk. It is so heavy that it wasn't necessary to bolt it to the desk, so I can just push it out of the way when flying something with a joystick. I have a MultiPanel and a SwitchPanel bolted to the desk plate from below, left and right of the yoke.
  • On the floor I have first a carpet, and on that a 6x6ft plate made out of those interlocking floorboards. The joystick contraption connects to that plate and the rudder pedals are bolted to it, including a restraint that I can't push my chair away from them.

Theoretically I can pretend to sit in the cockpit of any airplane with a combination of yoke/stick/Tqs and have the levers in the correct position. One thing is still missing though, and that would be a collective on my left. I'm working on that...

Naturally, I don't want to set that up every time I switch to a different aircraft. Of course I always had FSUIPC, but at some point I just wanted to make my own app.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

Thank you for that information though I did not make a lot of sense of it.

1. I checked and read only box is unticked

2. Owner is DESKTOP-9MRORDF\TONY

Please note that in the path below, in the controls  Folder I have the following,

folder (name xxx)                                      date modified 21/10/2020

controller settings ... fxml file                                           19/01/2020

standard               ... xml document                                  9/02/2020

standard               ...  xmlx file                                           21/012020

In the folder (XXX) 

controller settings                     fxml file                              19/01/2020 

standard                                   xml document                     21/01/2020

standard                                   xmlx file                                7/01/2020    

For your information I have moved the Folder (xxx) temporarily onto desktop.

I will try that and see if it makes a difference (thinking that is maybe where the conflict is.

I will let you know the outcome and hope that this information is helpful to you.

Below is copy of User/..../App Data/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepare3Dv4/Controls

Is that what you wanted me to check? I admit I am lost here.

The standard XMLX file in that folder appears to contain only keyboard settings and they are functioning normally.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>Controller Settings

<SimBase.Document Type="ScenarioFile" version="4,5" id="controller settings">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <Filename>controller settings.fxml</Filename>
    <Flight.Sections>
        <Section Name="Main">
            <Property Name="Title" Value="controller settings" />
            <Property Name="Description" Value=" " />
            <Property Name="AppVersion" Value="4.5.11.29713" />
            <Property Name="ScenarioVersion" Value="0" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Options">
            <Property Name="Sound" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="Pause" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="Moonlight" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="PositionFreezeUser" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="PositionFreezeAll" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="TextDisplayPage" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="SlewDisplayPage" Value="3" />
            <Property Name="AxisIndicator" Value="Off" />
            <Property Name="Titles" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="ExecuteUnreferencedActions" Value="False" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Kneeboard">
            <Property Name="PageId" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="Visible" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="Location" Value="0, 0" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panels">
            <Property Name="Panel.On" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="HUD.On" Value="False" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Window.1">
            <Property Name="Order" Value="1" />
            <Property Name="Active" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="Undocked" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="Maximized" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="Locked" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="ScreenUniCoords" Value="0, 0, 8192, 8192" />
            <Property Name="UndocCoords" Value="0, 0, 0, 0" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Virtual Cockpit - View 00" />
            <Property Name="CurrentCamera" Value="{C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.1">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{67CFDFFC-E78E-4445-B317-36A6888AECA8}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="EZCA VC cam" />
            <Property Name="PanelOnlyView" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="1" />
            <Property Name="Translation" Value="0, 0, 0" />
            <Property Name="SensorMode" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="Rotation" Value="0, 0, 0" />
            <Property Name="FieldOfView" Value="0, 0" />
            <Property Name="PostProcess.0" Value="HDRPostProcess" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.2">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Cockpit" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.2999999999999999889" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.3">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Virtual Cockpit" />
            <Property Name="PostProcess.0" Value="HDRPostProcess" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.4">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{8881FCD6-4293-4441-AB03-9B4DFD72D1B3}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Virtual Cockpit Only" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.5">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F0A6}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Check Left" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.5999999999999999778" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.6">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F0A7}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Check Right" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.5999999999999999778" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.7">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{5C1DF273-034B-4E7F-953A-9D5E26F164A8}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="HUD" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.80000000000000004441" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.8">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{5C1DF273-034B-4E7F-953A-9D5E26F164A9}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="PMFD" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.4000000000000000222" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.9">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{195EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F0B1}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Wide Cockpit" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.4000000000000000222" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.10">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00C}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Spot" />
            <Property Name="ChaseDirection" Value="-0" />
            <Property Name="ChaseDistance" Value="60" />
            <Property Name="ChaseAltitude" Value="0.9144" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.11">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00D}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Locked Spot" />
            <Property Name="ChaseDirection" Value="-0" />
            <Property Name="ChaseDistance" Value="60" />
            <Property Name="ChaseAltitude" Value="4.15054" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.12">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{6B79DD49-9B4A-439D-BF40-ACBF157B0BA0}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="FlyBy" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="10" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.13">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{A2849229-938A-448F-8AC6-01EF2291C171}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Top-Down" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="80.299999999999997158" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.14">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{60BC0819-BD04-4AF6-8954-8FC8AA3545FF}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Nearest Tower" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="8" />
            <Property Name="Rotation" Value="0.48476925492286682129, 34.018939971923828125, 0" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.15">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{9975B7A2-68A4-4F72-9203-788AB1A63B7A}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="EZCA Aircraft cam" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.40000000596046447754" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.16">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{9C0791A4-5C40-4E2C-B447-1BDAD4759C0D}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="EZCA Observer cam" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.40000000596046447754" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.17">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{6CC5F886-5444-479A-9AE2-945CDB5A7A87}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Right Wing" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.5" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.18">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{26CA9270-5EC8-49EC-84FB-AB6053AB20A1}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Left Wing" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.19">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{F76A1A0E-460C-408B-857E-EB0D053DF2A2}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Taxi Cam" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.51999998092651367188" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.20">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{F76A1A0E-460C-408B-857E-EB0D053DF2A3}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Belly" />
            <Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.51999998092651367188" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.21">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{A7C12D3A-E1A2-4CBE-A8BA-9C2D96731DA4}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Up Top" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.22">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{A7C12D3A-E1A2-4CBE-A8BA-9C2D96731DA5}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Looking Back" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.23">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{910DD22E-0B8F-434B-85F4-837FAC80F287}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="EZCA World cam" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.24">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{B2875F20-0BAD-4032-BAB9-1318EE1B7623}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Cigi View" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.25">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{57A3758A-D596-4260-8AF0-302A5E4DF5CE}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="IR (White Hot)" />
            <Property Name="SensorMode" Value="1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.26">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{DD3A45A5-C8BE-417A-B69E-32F402D56F36}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="IR (Black Hot)" />
            <Property Name="SensorMode" Value="2" />
            <Property Name="PostProcess.0" Value="InvertColor" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.27">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{61C3B6FB-FF9E-4B9C-978E-AA7C7F70F5A9}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="NVG (White Hot)" />
            <Property Name="PostProcess.0" Value="NVGBloomPostProcess" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.28">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{28212611-2528-4BD4-B944-565C30A39985}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="NVG (Black Hot)" />
            <Property Name="PostProcess.0" Value="NVGBloomPostProcess" />
            <Property Name="PostProcess.1" Value="GreenScaleInverter" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Camera.1.29">
            <Property Name="Guid" Value="{037AB312-F502-4900-A853-581C9544F971}" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="RadarCamera" />
            <Property Name="SensorMode" Value="3" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="EFIS">
            <Property Name="Active" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="NavAid" Value="VOR 1" />
            <Property Name="Type" Value="Rectangles" />
            <Property Name="Density" Value="Thin" />
            <Property Name="Range" Value="Short" />
            <Property Name="Altitude" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="Flags" Value="0" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="ATC_AgentManager">
            <Property Name="NumberofAgents" Value="0" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="ATC_Aircraft.0">
            <Property Name="ActiveFlightPlan" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="RequestedFlightPlan" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AcState" Value="ACSTATE_REQUEST_TAXI_CLEARANCE_OUT_VFR_ATIS" />
            <Property Name="NumberofWaypoints" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="ClearanceFlags" Value="80" />
            <Property Name="CtCur" Value="CLEARANCE_NONE" />
            <Property Name="WaypointNext" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="AltCleared" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="HdgAssigned" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="SquawkAssigned" Value="-134802944" />
            <Property Name="LandingSequence" Value="LANDING_NONE" />
            <Property Name="DepartureRequest" Value="DEPARTURE_VFR_REQUEST_NONE" />
            <Property Name="ParkingRequest" Value="PARKING_NAME_NONE" />
            <Property Name="ParkingTypeRequest" Value="PARKING_TYPE_NONE" />
            <Property Name="PatternLeg" Value="PATTERN_LEG_NONE" />
            <Property Name="ApproachIndex" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="ApproachTransitionIndex" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="ApproachRequestIndex" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="ApproachTransitionRequestIndex" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="RunwayIndex" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="RunwayRequestIndex" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="ParkingIndex" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="FlightFollowing" Value="FLIGHT_FOLLOWING_NO" />
            <Property Name="AirspaceTransition" Value="AIRSPACE_TRANSITION_NONE" />
            <Property Name="BVAirspaceTransition" Value="BV_TYPE_NONE" />
            <Property Name="BVAirspaceTransitionReq" Value="BV_TYPE_NONE" />
            <Property Name="TakeoffSequence" Value="TAKEOFF_SEQUENCE_NONE" />
            <Property Name="LandingSequenceNumber" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="TaxiRouteCurrent" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="CruisingAltitude" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="RequestedCruisingAltitude" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="ExpectedAltitude" Value="-1" />
            <Property Name="AircraftSignature" Value="1,0" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="ATC_AircraftManager">
            <Property Name="NumberofAircraft" Value="1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="ATC_MessageSystem">
            <Property Name="FrequencyNodes" Value="0" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="DateTimeSeason">
            <Property Name="Season" Value="Spring" />
            <Property Name="Year" Value="2017" />
            <Property Name="Day" Value="150" />
            <Property Name="Hours" Value="14" />
            <Property Name="Minutes" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="Seconds" Value="0" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.1">
            <Property Name="ScreenUniCoords" Value="0, 0, 0, 0" />
            <Property Name="HiddenOn" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="NoUniPix" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="ID" Value="22001" />
            <Property Name="ViewsOn" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="Adapter_Number" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="ParentWindowTitle" Value=" " />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="22001" />
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="-0.68849992752075195313, 0.75999999046325683594, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.2">
            <Property Name="ID" Value="22002" />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="22002" />
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="-0.016499878838658332825, 1.01399993896484375, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.3">
            <Property Name="ID" Value="22003" />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="22003" />
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="-0.021000020205974578857, 0.85000014305114746094, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.4">
            <Property Name="ID" Value="22004" />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="22004" />
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="-1.0035003423690795898, 0.78399986028671264648, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.5">
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="0.40799996256828308105, 0.99200004339218139648, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.6">
            <Property Name="ID" Value="22005" />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="22005" />
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="0.68849998712539672852, 1.0659999847412109375, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.7">
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="-0.13350000977516174316, -0.89200013875961303711, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.8">
            <Property Name="ID" Value="22006" />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="22006" />
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="-1.0170001983642578125, -0.30800008773803710938, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.9">
            <Property Name="ID" Value="22007" />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="22007" />
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="1.088999629020690918, 1.0159997940063476563, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.10">
            <Property Name="ID" Value="22008" />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="22008" />
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="-0.90450000762939453125, 0.3540000617504119873, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.11">
            <Property Name="ID" Value="22009" />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="22009" />
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="-1.0515002012252807617, -0.65400016307830810547, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.12">
            <Property Name="ID" Value="22010" />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="22010" />
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="0.8279997706413269043, 0.44800004363059997559, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.13">
            <Property Name="ID" Value="22011" />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="22011" />
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="-1.0200003385543823242, -0.85000008344650268555, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.14">
            <Property Name="ID" Value="22012" />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="22012" />
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="-1.0440000295639038086, 0.1620000302791595459, 1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Panel.15">
            <Property Name="ID" Value="22013" />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="22013" />
            <Property Name="3DPWorldspaceOffset" Value="0, -1, 1.5" />
            <Property Name="3DPSize" Value="2, 2" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="User Tip Window">
            <Property Name="ScreenUniCoords" Value="500, 400, 7192, 650" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Sim.0">
            <Property Name="Sim" Value="F-22 Raptor - 525th Fighter Squadron" />
            <Property Name="Descr" Value=" " />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="SimVars.0">
            <Property Name="Latitude" Value="N30&#xB0; 29&apos; 57.63&quot;" />
            <Property Name="Longitude" Value="W86&#xB0; 30&apos; 40.63&quot;" />
            <Property Name="Altitude" Value="+000092.94" />
            <Property Name="Pitch" Value="0.65466600134375885212" />
            <Property Name="Bank" Value="-0.018079292162274621103" />
            <Property Name="Heading" Value="-167.82220718772558143" />
            <Property Name="PVelBodyAxis" Value="-6.7455716541589948963e-08" />
            <Property Name="BVelBodyAxis" Value="0.00032592886899436714727" />
            <Property Name="HVelBodyAxis" Value="8.9958458924845396352e-07" />
            <Property Name="XVelBodyAxis" Value="-2.2033846726861897364e-07" />
            <Property Name="YVelBodyAxis" Value="8.5328929551403047762e-05" />
            <Property Name="ZVelBodyAxis" Value="0.0074857051202376605897" />
            <Property Name="SimOnGround" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="OnPlatformHeight" Value="-9999999999" />
            <Property Name="AssociationID" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="HealthPoints" Value="999999" />
            <Property Name="DamageState" Value="0" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Avionics.0">
            <Property Name="Comm1Active" Value="128.300" />
            <Property Name="Comm1Standby" Value="128.250" />
            <Property Name="Comm2Active" Value="127.800" />
            <Property Name="Comm2Standby" Value="127.900" />
            <Property Name="Nav1Active" Value="113.70" />
            <Property Name="Nav1Standby" Value="117.20" />
            <Property Name="OBS1" Value="340" />
            <Property Name="Nav2Active" Value="110.60" />
            <Property Name="Nav2Standby" Value="116.80" />
            <Property Name="OBS2" Value="315" />
            <Property Name="Transponder" Value="1200" />
            <Property Name="ADFActive" Value="284" />
            <Property Name="ADF2Active" Value="240" />
            <Property Name="Tacan1Active" Value="75" />
            <Property Name="Tacan2Active" Value="75" />
            <Property Name="Tacan1Band" Value="X" />
            <Property Name="Tacan2Band" Value="X" />
            <Property Name="DMESelected" Value="1" />
            <Property Name="ComTransmit" Value="1" />
            <Property Name="ComReceiveBoth" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioNav1Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioNav2Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioMarkerListen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioDmeListen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioTacanDme1Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioTacanDme2Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioAdfListen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioAdf2Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioTacan1Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AudioTacan2Listen" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AvionicsSwitch" Value="True" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Slew.0">
            <Property Name="Active" Value="False" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Freeze.0">
            <Property Name="Location" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="Altitude" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="Attitude" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="Position" Value="False" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Engine Parameters.1.0">
            <Property Name="ThrottleLeverPct" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="PropellerLeverPct" Value="0.99908447265625" />
            <Property Name="MixtureLeverPct" Value="0.99908447265625" />
            <Property Name="Pct Engine RPM" Value="0.62007613753990842298" />
            <Property Name="LeftMagneto" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="RightMagneto" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="GeneratorSwitch" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="CowlFlapPct" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="FuelPumpSwitch" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="CarbHeat/DeiceSwitch" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="Torque" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="Afterburner" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="FuelFlow" Value="21616.423435520257044" />
            <Property Name="N1" Value="25.049643979115199244" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Engine Parameters.2.0">
            <Property Name="ThrottleLeverPct" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="PropellerLeverPct" Value="0.99908447265625" />
            <Property Name="MixtureLeverPct" Value="0.99908447265625" />
            <Property Name="Pct Engine RPM" Value="0.62007613753990842298" />
            <Property Name="LeftMagneto" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="RightMagneto" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="GeneratorSwitch" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="CowlFlapPct" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="FuelPumpSwitch" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="CarbHeat/DeiceSwitch" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="Torque" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="Afterburner" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="FuelFlow" Value="21616.423435520257044" />
            <Property Name="N1" Value="25.049643979115199244" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Fuel.0">
            <Property Name="TankSelector" Value="All" />
            <Property Name="TankSelector1" Value="All" />
            <Property Name="Center" Value="100" />
            <Property Name="LeftMain" Value="100" />
            <Property Name="RightMain" Value="100" />
            <Property Name="LeftAux" Value="100" />
            <Property Name="RightAux" Value="100" />
            <Property Name="LeftTip" Value="100" />
            <Property Name="RightTip" Value="100" />
            <Property Name="Center 2" Value="100" />
            <Property Name="Center 3" Value="100" />
            <Property Name="External 1" Value="100" />
            <Property Name="External 2" Value="100" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Systems.0">
            <Property Name="BatterySwitch" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="GroundPowerUnitSwitch" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="StructuralDeiceSwitch" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="PropDeiceSwitch" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="Autobrakes" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="StandbyVacuum" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="PropSync" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AutoFeatherSwitch" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="FlightDirector" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="PanelLights" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="LaunchBarSwitch" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="LaunchBarState" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="TailhookHandle" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="TailhookState" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="FoldingWingsHandle" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="FoldingWingsState" Value="0, 0" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Gauges.0">
            <Property Name="KollsmanSetting" Value="29.9169" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Switches.0">
            <Property Name="PitotHeat" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="BeaconLights" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="LandingLights" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="LogoLights" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="NavLights" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="PanelLights" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="RecognitionLights" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="StrobeLights" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="TaxiLights" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="WingLights" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="CabinLights" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="GeneralLights" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="HeadLights" Value="False" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="AutoPilot.0">
            <Property Name="MasterSwitch" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="WingLeveler" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="Nav1Lock" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="HeadingLock" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="HeadingValue" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="AltitudeLock" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AltitudeValue" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="AttitudeHold" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AirspeedHold" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AirspeedValue" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="MachHold" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="MachValue" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="VerticalSpeedHold" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="VerticalSpeedValue" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="RPMHold" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="RPMValue" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="GlideslopeHold" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="ApproachHold" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="BackCourseHold" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="YawDamper" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="ToGa" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="AutoThrottleArm" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="GPSdrivesNAV1" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="IsUsedForLesson" Value="False" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Payload.0">
            <Property Name="PayloadList" Value="-1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Pressurization.0">
            <Property Name="CabinPressure" Value="2103.24" />
            <Property Name="CabinPressureGoal" Value="1569.6" />
            <Property Name="DumpSwitch" Value="False" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="HydraulicSubSystem.0.0">
            <Property Name="Pressure" Value="396350" />
            <Property Name="Switch" Value="True" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="HydraulicSubSystem.1.0">
            <Property Name="Pressure" Value="394353" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="HydraulicSubSystem.2.0">
            <Property Name="Pressure" Value="432136" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Exit.1.0">
            <Property Name="PercentOpen" Value="0" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Exit.2.0">
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Exit.3.0">
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Exit.4.0">
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Controls.0">
            <Property Name="SpoilersHandle" Value="000.00" />
            <Property Name="FlapsHandle" Value="000.00" />
            <Property Name="LeftFlap" Value="000.00" />
            <Property Name="RightFlap" Value="000.00" />
            <Property Name="GearsHandle" Value="000.01" />
            <Property Name="Gear1" Value="099.99" />
            <Property Name="Gear2" Value="099.99" />
            <Property Name="Gear3" Value="099.99" />
            <Property Name="YokeY" Value="050.00" />
            <Property Name="YokeX" Value="050.00" />
            <Property Name="Rudder" Value="050.00" />
            <Property Name="LeftBrake" Value="000.00" />
            <Property Name="RightBrake" Value="000.00" />
            <Property Name="ParkingBrake" Value="000.00" />
            <Property Name="ElevatorTrim" Value="050.00" />
            <Property Name="RudderTrimPct" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="AileronTrimPct" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="RudderTrimAid" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="ElevatorHydraulicBoostSwitch" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="AileronHydraulicBoostSwitch" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="RudderHydraulicBoostSwitch" Value="True" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="SimScheduler">
            <Property Name="SimSpeed" Value="001.00" />
            <Property Name="SimTime" Value="2944.1288134769702083" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Weather">
            <Property Name="WeatherType" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="ThemeName" Value="fair" />
            <Property Name="ThemeTime" Value="238" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Flying Tip Window">
            <Property Name="ScreenUniCoords" Value="500, 400, 7192, 650" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="ResourcePath">
            <Property Name="Path" Value=".\" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="SessionInfo">
            <Property Name="StartTime" Value="63631767600" />
            <Property Name="DurationTotal" Value="0" />
        </Section>
    </Flight.Sections>
</SimBase.Document>

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Hello Tony,

the file that you posted there is a saved flight. It has nothing whatsoever to do with controller assignments. Where does it come from?

In my \Controls folder there are only Standard.xml and Standard.xmlx - nothing else. And they work as I described above: the Standard.XML contains the current controller assignments, and the Standard.XMLX contains all the templates. When P3D finds a new controller it takes the template from the XMLX and copies it to the XML. All your changes that you make in P3D are only present in the XML. And anything going wrong with the controllers is also only in the Standard.XML.

What I don't know is, if it is possible to override that Standard.XML file with another one in a different location. That would be fatal. Maybe you should use the Windows Explorer search function to check if you have another "Standard.xml" on your computer and the check if P3D can see it.

All the more reason to switch off the internal controller assignments and use an external tool, be it FSUIPC or LAAO.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

Many apologies for my tardiness in responding to your last.

I have in fact made some progress. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling all my controllers, one at a time deleteing all axis assignments etc. I reset all the axis assignments on each controller, starting with the yoke...exited P3D...reentered P3D and set the buttons/keys assignments as required.(using yoke) Please note that I delete all key assignments except for the specific ones I use. ie I delete all gun controls, helicopter controls etc. Tested ok in P3D. I then moved on to my throttle quad1 and reset all axis settings and exited P3D ... back into P3dD and set all buttons/ keys assignments. Throttle quad2 followed and then Rudder Pedals.

On reconnecting the trim wheel, I noticed that the green light on the wheel itself was coming on and off and accompanied by the computer indication of USB connect/disconnect. So I temporarily left it disconnected. I then exited P3D and rebooted ... back into P3D and all seems OK and three days later still seems OK.

Two days ago, I re-installed your programme  and got into P3D, disabled all controls, and then set up my axis and buttons for the Carenado AC Commander (single engine) in your programme. I saved it as a template and then assigned that template to the aircraft. Flew and tested very well EXCEPT for my hatswitch (assigned to Pan up, down, left and right) Nothing moved at all but everything else worked well. I especially love the ability to select gear up and gear down with different buttons and the ability to throttle reverse on all engines individually.

I exited P3D and then reentered Got your assignments up and then noticed that the green light did not illuminate when the hatswitch was depressed. I deleted all Pan assignments and reassigned with the same result.

I then went on to configure the twin engines and the quad engines and neither of those would recognise the hatswitch/Pan combination either.  I looked at other options (other than pan) but nothing in "views" seemed appropriate. I even tried Always Pan Up and Always Pan Down assigned to the hatswitch but they reacted in the same way ... nothing registers or sticks.

Next step was to proceed to XPlane 11 and the hatswitch is working normally. The same applies to Aerofly and DCS. ... All OK.

Again, summat is wrong but I have no idea what it could be. Nothing in the manual seems to cover this abnormality, so any input would be appreciated.  

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Hello Tony,

would you mind sending me an email? I suppose that your hatswitch is just a device that I haven't encountered before, and it is entirely possible that the tool doesn't recognize it. I've had this happen before.

Btw. You don't have to disable all controllers in P3D - just those that you plan to assign externally. So you could still use your hat switch with the normal button assignment in P3D. I am doing the same, because I like to use the Space&mouse view option (which is disabled too when you disable the controllers in P3D using the checkbox)

Best regards

LORBY-SI