Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Madrid live emergency landing

Air Canada. No landing  gear deployment.

Youtube live.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

They say it might take quite awhile before they try to land. Will be difficult probably. I pray there's no fireball.

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I was on a full 767 which had to dump and return to EGLL.  We circled for 5 hours burning off fuel after they dumped the center tanks... 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Does a 763 have a fuel dump or are they burning?

Center tanks only.  That's the big issue, even after they dump the centers they are well overweight

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Probably not as concerned with weight as reducing fire hazard. They would have have fuel upon arrival for safe landing weight i would think. ?

Fire hazard is no factor (with the gear down). You usually try to get the landing weight down as much as possible. 

I've also had to dump once on the 767-300ER and you simply land overweight.

Edited by FDEdev

Coming in now possibly.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Here they go. Must have been faulty indicator. Gear down and locked.

Edited by Adrian123

Gear looked down, looked like a normal landing

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Those grand old 767's are spending more and more time in maintenance these days. This is one of 5 left for Air Canada while they are waiting for new A330's to replace them this year. I do love them but they are showing their age now.

Edit: I just read a report it was a tire rupture and an engine issue on takeoff

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

No gear malfunction whatsoever. The Aviation Herald is reporting engine number 1 shutdown after suffering multiple compressor stalls after takeoff and tire burst on departure. Remarkably detailed report in this article given it only just landed. There are photos of flames coming out of the engine and a fighter jet inspecting the 767 mid-air.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4d2d213f&opt=0

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I can't believe the comments on YouTube about this. Obviously never flown before if they wish it to crash. Glad it ended safely.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020