On 2/3/2020 at 5:23 PM, Bert Pieke said:

I have fps set to Unlimited,  Vsynch off in P3D.

This is what I had before, using RTSS VSynch/2 to limit at 30.

Bert, I have the 1080ti and do just as you described.  I get a smooth flight but a 1 or 2 second stall as I get near a high end 3rd party airport.   Do you experience that?

8 minutes ago, kenthom said:

Bert, I have the 1080ti and do just as you described.  I get a smooth flight but a 1 or 2 second stall as I get near a high end 3rd party airport.   Do you experience that?

Everyone I fly with experiences this, and mostly in the exact same location(s)..

The more different addon sceneries you have active at one time, the worse it seems to be..

• Like 1

Bert

I find it better with the Nvidia cap and FFTF works well with it, this could be the result of Nvidia finally supporting Flight sim with the drivers, FSX is now in the list of supported titles and I suspect are in the loop on MSFS for future support.  

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

After a few hours of some trial and error, I’m not positive the Nvidia limiter is beneficial for me either.

For me, qualitatively, the most “smooth” settings seem to be:

-144 Hz 2K monitor set to 120 Hz

-NVI/NCP limiter set to OFF

-Negative LOD set time CLAMP in NVI/NCP

-Frames internally locked to 40 FPS

-ChasePlane minimized to System Tray and set to NORMAL Windows priority (NOT HIGH); for reasons I can’t explain, this has a *huge* impact

-Run P3D in windowed mode

-Force UI hardware acceleration set to 0 in P3D.cfg

-Have menu bar visible, not hidden in P3D

-GSYNC set to ON in Windowed and Full Screen mode in NVI/NCP

-VSYNC set to forced ON and STANDARD in NVI/NCP

-VSYNC and Triple Buffering set to OFF in P3D

-RTSS not running

I can comfortably maintain 25-40 FPS in most scenarios except for insanely detailed scenery (I really don’t care what color the floor is in the terminal restaurant) or heavy dynamic lighting environments.  It seems though that GSYNC is fighting with something perhaps and I’m still vulnerable to stutters.  In cases of heavy stutters, I can minimize P3D and reopen the window which usually seems to help somewhat.  However, when GSYNC is working, the smoothness is amazing.  I just wish I could have it be consistent without the guessing game every few minutes.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

ChasePlane minimized to System Tray and set to NORMAL Windows priority (NOT HIGH); for reasons I can’t explain, this has a *huge* impact

Anybody else on this one?

Also I have TB on.  But wondering if that is good to do or not. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

22 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

-GSYNC set to ON in Windowed and Full Screen mode in NVI/NCP

Do you use any more GSYNC settings or is it enough to just let the options be as is in NVI?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 2/4/2020 at 1:18 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

So, I tested on one of my 2K monitors (they can only do 60Hz via DisplayPort), then NCP 30 FPS limit works well.

So this options effectiveness seems to vary by monitor type and/or connection type (DisplayPort vs. HDMI) used in my case.

Cheers, Rob.

In my system (9900K@5Ghz, GTX1080/8GB) with DP connection limiter working properly. With HDMI connection, with picture set as progressive (1080p, 60Hz) and limiter set to 60Hz I have screen tearing and some stutters. With unlimited FR picture is very good. With picture set as interlaced: 1080i and 30 Hz, and limiter set to 60 Hz, frame limit working good and picture is very smooth. Displayed working FR is 30 Hz.

Mark

Prepare3Dv5 / ASUS Prime Z390A / I9 9900K @ 4.8 GHz / GSkill 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHZ CL15 @ 3400 MHz / RTX4070TI / Windows 10 Home / Monitor Philips 436M6VBPAB / Force Feedback Yoke / Thrustmaster PTR rudder pedals

Since installing the new driver from a clean install I am now experiencing stutters.

Setting are:

Display:
FXAA off   
AA:  4XSSAA
texture filtering: anisotropic  8X
texture resolution: high 2048x2048
Vsync  off
Target framerate: 30
Wideview aspect: off
mipmap VC panels off
Screen resolution:  1920X1080

World
LOD radius:  high
Tesselation factor: high
mesh resolution:  5m
texture resolution:  1m
high resolution terrain: on

Scenery complexity: extremely dense
autogen draw distance:  medium
autogen vegetation density: normal
autogen building density: dense or normal
Dynamic vegetation: unticked

water detail:  medium
Reflections: user vehicle only
Special effects: medium/medium

Lighting
shadow quality:  high
draw distance: low
casting and receiving: Internal vehicle only

Dynamic lighting: off

HDR on:
Brightness 0.85
Bloom 0.05
Saturation 0.97

Dynamic reflections: off

any suggestions.

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

What happens if you change Target Framerate to Unlimited as a test?

If that is better, than use the NCP Framerate Limiter instead. I have mine set to 29.

Bert

I just loaded this driver as I've done with all new drivers.  Perfect.  Didn't mess with anything.  I have my P3d set to unlimited, and I'm enjoying it as a new driver that works very well.  I'm happy.  No fooling around with any of the new frame settings.  Sometimes we tweak too much and try things that aren't necessary IMHO.

Stan

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2020 at 6:19 PM, spilok said:

I just loaded this driver as I've done with all new drivers.  Perfect.  Didn't mess with anything.  I have my P3d set to unlimited, and I'm enjoying it as a new driver that works very well.  I'm happy.  No fooling around with any of the new frame settings.  Sometimes we tweak too much and try things that aren't necessary IMHO.

Stan

I just popped over to this forum to check if anyone else was seeing a huge improvement with this driver. My experience seems to align the best with yours Stan. I always install new Nvidia drivers the same way, ticking the 'clean install' checkbox, and unchecking the GEforce Experience and sound driver options (I did have to install the new control panel from the store). I have always had to make changes to a few of the options in the control panel as well as setting some of the AA options in NI to get P3D looking good. After I installed this version, I was pleasantly surprised to find that P3D looked perfect right out of the gate. I've been using it as installed without setting anything manually. The thing is, there also seems to be a significant increase in overall visual quality as well. All of the models look smoother and more realistic. Lighting and shadows look better, too. I fly out of BWI, ORD, MSP, DEN, CYYZ, and BOS a lot. There are parts of these airpors that I have been looking at for months, even years, that are very familiar to me. I am 100% certain that these areas look better than they ever did. I just looked at the global profile and the profile for P3D in the control panel. Most of the usual options that I need to change for P3D are at values that I know to be wrong. I have no idea why it looks so good. I'm not going to fool with any of them.

I have not played with the limiter at all. I don't need it. FPS and smoothness are acceptable (never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I'd be typing that in relation to an ESP sim).

I sure hope a future version doesn't undo this.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

14 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I just popped over to this forum to check if anyone else was seeing a huge improvement with this driver. My experience seems to align the best with yours Stan. I always install new Nvidia drivers the same way, ticking the 'clean install' checkbox, and unchecking the GEforce Experience and sound driver options (I did have to install the new control panel from the store). I have always had to make changes to a few of the options in the control panel as well as setting some of the AA options in NI to get P3D looking good. After I installed this version, I was pleasantly surprised to find that P3D looked perfect right out of the gate. I've been using it as installed without setting anything manually. The thing is, there also seems to be a significant increase in overall visual quality as well. All of the models look smoother and more realistic. Lighting and shadows look better, too. I fly out of BWI, ORD, MSP, DEN, CYYZ, and BOS a lot. There are parts of these airpors that I have been looking at for months, even years, that are very familiar to me. I am 100% certain that these areas look better than they ever did. I just looked at the global profile and the profile for P3D in the control panel. Most of the usual options that I need to change for P3D are at values that I know to be wrong. I have no idea why it looks so good. I'm not going to fool with any of them.

I have not played with the limiter at all. I don't need it. FPS and smoothness are acceptable (never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I'd be typing that in relation to an ESP sim).

I sure hope a future version doesn't undo this.

EXACTLY!  Too often people "mess with" a driver instead of just testing it as it was released.  This driver DEFINITELY has improved my overall visual quality and performance in P3d......right out to the box!

Stan

On 2/9/2020 at 3:19 PM, spilok said:

Stan

Using one of the new frame limiter settings is hardly "tweaking"..

Other than that I agree with your comments..  :happy:

Bert

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Using one of the new frame limiter settings is hardly "tweaking"..

Other than that I agree with your comments..  :happy:

Love ya, Bert.  I've learned more from you than anybody.  Keep up the great posts.

Stan