Sign in to follow this  
Petermuc3

CoPi voice volume turns down

Hi, I am facing a problem with the voice volume of my Copilot. Starting up I can hear my Copilot very well. 

When ATC chatter (default P3d) kicks in the volume of my CoPi goes very low, bearly hearable. Is anyone else

having this problem? If not can you kindly describe your sound setup. 

Thanks Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Control Panel->Sound->Communications tab->do nothing option

Doesn't work for me but might for you. Has to do with Win10 automatic handling of sound volumes for mic comms.

You can also look into the settings for narration, and focus assist. One of those did the trick for me.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Thanks guys, I already have done the "do nothing option" to no success. @Dimitrios in Narrator I have unticked "Lower the volume..."

to no success. But I think Narrator is off anyways. It would be great if you could have a look into your "focus assist" settings and tell me what they are.

Peter

Peter

I think that I have a more complex issue with MCE. It is not only that the Copi's voice level gets low, after a while I completely loose

my Copi. Looking at my sound settings my mic is working.

Peter

Peter

I had that as well. I believe I had to reboot - have you done that?

Edited by d.tsakiris

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Yes, but then again it works for a while and after a couple of minutes it stops again. I think MCE is not recognizing my voice, no red bar on the left top of the screen. Checking the sound controls the mic is OK. 

Would an USB headset be better? 

Peter

By the way would it be better to enable WHQL in Bios to allow other drivers to be installed. I am far from being a computer geek, so that might be nonsense. 

Edited by Petermuc3

Peter

56 minutes ago, Petermuc3 said:

Yes, but then again it works for a while and after a couple of minutes it stops again. I think MCE is not recognizing my voice, no red bar on the left top of the screen. Checking the sound controls the mic is OK. 

Would an USB headset be better? 

Peter

By the way would it be better to enable WHQL in Bios to allow other drivers to be installed. I am far from being a computer geek, so that might be nonsense. 

If you already dismantled your PC before, disable built-in RealTek audio chip in BIOS, install your other sound device and try again.

Should you experience same behavior, could be a case of headset starting to become unreliable.

In that case, ANY USB headset in the US$ 20-30 range from Amazon, would do the job.

USB headsets come with their own built-in sound chip. 

Do not fall for those fancy and expensive wireless headsets. They have their downsides too, like managing battery life and possible interference from other wireless devices.

Before you do any of above, make sure you're on the very latest MCE version, which has zero reports regarding instability..

Thanks for the advice, Gerald. Actually I made some progress, MCE is now routing Copi's voice to my headset and the

volume level stays up during ATC chatter. Funny thing is that GSX voices turn down instead, which come out of the speakers

like the rest of the sound. So doesn't seem to be a MCE specific problem. I would like to have MCE also on the speakers, but will see.

I assume problem is with Win10 or the audio controller of my mainboard msi MPG Z390 Gaming Pro. Yes I am on the latest MCE.

Peter

Peter

Hi,

I have exactly the same issues: Copilot's voice volume is getting very low as soon as the sim's ATC is starting to talk. I also did the "do nothing" option, w/o success. I also tried to uninstall RealTek completely, but that is also no solution as I want to use RealTek for recoring stuff. I'm using an analog headset so far, but the hint using an USB one sounds great. I think I also will give it a try.

I bought a relatively cheep USB heaset and everything is working fine now. Copilot's voice

is now routed through the speakers as all the other sounds also, IVAO ATC is routed to the headset

and no lower volume when ATC is kicking in.

Peter

Peter

On 2/5/2020 at 6:30 AM, Petermuc3 said:

Try this. After starting the computer go to SOUND > COMMUNICATIONS. Tick anything other than DO NOTHING and click APPLY. Then tick DO NOTHING and click APPLY.

For me that solves the volume problem until the next reboot.

Harry S. | System Builder

I7-9700K @ 5Ghz, AORUS Z390 Master Motherboard, Corsair 240mm H100i Platinum AIO CPU Cooler, AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme Graphics, HyperX Predator 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x Samsung 1TB SSD, 27" LG UltraGear 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500 Case, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, MSFS, Saitek/Logitech X52 Pro

22 hours ago, HarryS said:

Try this. After starting the computer go to SOUND > COMMUNICATIONS. Tick anything other than DO NOTHING and click APPLY. Then tick DO NOTHING and click APPLY.

For me that solves the volume problem until the next reboot.

Thanks for sharing the tip.

I  once had a similar issue with "Internet connection sharing"  on Windows 10.

You would thing it's ON, then that's it. Well not quite. It turned out may people had the issue, and the cure was to disable and re-enable it,every time it drops.

Clearly that "Do nothing" option doesn't work reliably.Never thought of resetting it.

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

Thanks for sharing the tip.

Clearly that "Do nothing" option doesn't work reliably.Never thought of resetting it.

Have a look here for a more detailed workaround.

• Like 1

Harry S. | System Builder

I7-9700K @ 5Ghz, AORUS Z390 Master Motherboard, Corsair 240mm H100i Platinum AIO CPU Cooler, AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme Graphics, HyperX Predator 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x Samsung 1TB SSD, 27" LG UltraGear 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500 Case, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, MSFS, Saitek/Logitech X52 Pro

On 2/3/2020 at 11:11 PM, glider1 said:

Control Panel->Sound->Communications tab->do nothing option

Doesn't work for me but might for you. Has to do with Win10 automatic handling of sound volumes for mic comms.

Assuming you have latest MCE version, download this patch

Manually replace files as per folder structure.

When you start FSX or Prepar3D, assuming MCE installation is still there, Windows Audio panel should pop-up and have the setting reset automatically.

• Like 1