Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Will we get P3d v4.6?

And if so it must be going to be released fairly soon as LM have been very quiet lately.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

The rumor is that a V5 will launch.  But nothing at all has been released or even rumored at this point. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

The reason I'm asking is that I'm about delete P3d v4.5 on my old PC, and reinstall it on my new Rig, however if I knew P3D v4.6 was imminent/likely i'd wait until then.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I was in the same position, but I couldn't wait after seven weeks of flightsim starvation!

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Why not to simply enjoy of what you currently have? 

Edited by G-YMML1
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

V5 release would be interesting.  How many people are going to purchase it given that MS2020 is around the corner.  I think most will stick with 4.5 or 4.6 until MS2020 is released and then evaluate next steps.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

In my opinion, despite numerous videos and aggressive advertisement of the future never-seen benefits, MSFS is still pretty much cat in a bag. Practically we know nothing unless there is some top secret beta testing is already under way. Once it's released, it would probably take some time to convince people to shift. With that been said, an average veteran simmer with a good ammunition of add-ones would probably shift around 2021/2022 IF all things go right.  As a person who came from FS2000 era, I successfully skipped the entire FSX moving directly from FS2004 to P3D. Didn't regret a second 🙂 Hence, it's those folks, who are still on FSX platform, should move to MSFS2020 immediately and start building knowledge base for other simmers, the way our wave of simmers did for P3D. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

For me, having a full size cockpit, I need a WidevieW app to sync the AC on my 2 view pc’s.

I am sure that when Fs2020 comes out such an app not exists.

Prosim however will be made compatible so all my hardware I can use.

Time will tell...

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

In my opinion, despite numerous videos and aggressive advertisement of the future never-seen benefits, MSFS is still pretty much cat in a bag. Practically we know nothing unless there is some top secret beta testing is already under way. Once it's released, it would probably take some time to convince people to shift. With that been said, an average veteran simmer with a good ammunition of add-ones would probably shift around 2021/2022 IF all things go right.  As a person who came from FS2000 era, I successfully skipped the entire FSX moving directly from FS2004 to P3D. Didn't regret a second 🙂 Hence, it's those folks, who are still on FSX platform, should move to MSFS2020 immediately and start building knowledge base for other simmers, the way our wave of simmers did for P3D. 

I think we know that MS2020 is going to be the most complete flight sim, if not straight away,certainly within a couple of years after the initial release, at least we have seen mostly what MS2020 is about, P3D v5 we know nothing other than assuming that it will be a much improved v4.

Edited by eaim
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

As a person who came from FS2000 era, I successfully skipped the entire FSX moving directly from FS2004 to P3D. Didn't regret a second 🙂 Hence, it's those folks, who are still on FSX platform, should move to MSFS2020 immediately and start building knowledge base for other simmers, the way our wave of simmers did for P3D. 

I really fail to see your logic... Why on earth should anyone skip or move on to anything? Each platform has its merits. 

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

11 minutes ago, eaim said:

I think we know that MS2020 is going to the most complete flight sim, 

🙂 🙂 

It took me over a year to upgrade from P3Dv3 to P3Dv4, and I can see myself playing the same waiting game this year. I have spent what liitle money I had (with a huge amount of help from a handful of my friends) building a new PC recently, so the key focus of my attention would be:-

• Is P3Dv5 a major step forward from v4?
  • Are all of my latest addons compatible with it?
  • Are my existing licences for the PMDG 737/747/777 still valid?

As for the new MFS, I am far from convinced that it will be the "complete flightsim", even two years from now.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

15 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

It took me over a year to upgrade from P3Dv3 to P3Dv4, and I can see myself playing the same waiting game this year. I have spent what liitle money I had (with a huge amount of help from a handful of my friends) building a new PC recently, so the key focus of my attention would be:-

• Is P3Dv5 a major step forward from v4?
  • Are all of my latest addons compatible with it?
  • Are my existing licences for the PMDG 737/747/777 still valid?

As for the new MFS, I am far from convinced that it will be the "complete flightsim", even two years from now.

I agree with your points, there will never be a 100% complete flight sim, however I think MS2020 will be the best available, P3D v5 and Xplane12 will also be big improvements on what we have at this moment in time and some of their feature may be better than MS2020.

People will choose wherever platform they feel more comfortable with... and also the one where they can get the best experience for their simulation behaviours that simple.. so.. everyone will be happy in the future as long as they stick to what they need and are happy to use.

S.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

With MSFS "just around the corner" I can't imagine what would convince me to change from P3Dv4.3 (yes,I still use 4.3) to a version 4.6,v5 or what's next, or XP12 if that's their next version. I can't see any of them making such a leap as MSFS will be,,so I will paitently wait for it,and I'm also not afraid or ashamed to admit that I haven't bought (and won't) one single new addon  since MSFS was announced.

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11