Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Will we get P3d v4.6?

It's funny how people discuss v5 and ms2020 when actually they don't know anything about it.

Edited by willy647
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Gotta give it time......

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

8 minutes ago, willy647 said:

It's funny how people discuss v5 and ms2020 when actually they don't know anything about it.

I agree on Prepar3d5 where we indeed don't know anything about it. However, we know a lot about MFS (if that's what you refer to as ms2020). There are numerous in-game videos available now, there has been the influencer event where quite a number of experienced simmers had their hands on MFS, plus it has been shown on a public exhibition. Moreover, the developers have been very clear about some features which will be available at release (and some others which probably won't or are undecided yet).

There is not even a need to refer to leaked alpha testers' info which may or may not apply.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I look forward to v4.6 or V5 and in a few years time after lots of add-on's are compatible/made for FS2020 I will enjoy that too.

But... For now I am flying the hell out of P3D v4.6 with all my add-on's and enjoying every minute of it! Who's with me? 😎

• Like 2

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

17 minutes ago, willy647 said:

LOL...I wish that I did not know how much I don't know about these up coming plans to release products that have not even been given an official name. If we only knew what we don't know about what they might be then we could sit in the backroom and gigggle like little girls with a new Barbie doll!!

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I read Mathijs Kok's posts at aerosoft and my impression on his recent posts suggest they dont know if there will be a v5 or what's going to be in it. Surely it's not due in the very near future then? He also seemed a little unhappy with some issues with v4. They seem to be moving to the MSFS bandwagon. They would be one of the devs using MSFS now and he said it's the real deal.

X-plane and msfs will be the two major sims next year in my VIEW (before I get all the negative posts).

Even if LM are working on new stuff a lot of it will probably for the military market so hard to see them pulling enough out for the consumer market based on previous progress.

Edited by sanh

20 minutes ago, jlund said:

With MSFS "just around the corner" I can't imagine what would convince me to change from P3Dv4.3 (yes,I still use 4.3) to a version 4.6,v5 or what's next, or XP12 if that's their next version. I can't see any of them making such a leap as MSFS will be,,so I will paitently wait for it,and I'm also not afraid or ashamed to admit that I haven't bought (and won't) one single new addon  since MSFS was announced.

So basically you are missing out all the current promotions, discounts and amazing new releases this year because in your view MSFS will have all you wish for on day one (even when the MSFS SDK is not completed and with developers yet, plus you haven't tried MSFS yet, neither there is a confirmation on release date). In the meantime your current simulator remains totally static and you are not enjoying new stuff.

Let me give you a piece of advise, in the non distant future you will discover how you will be unable to get anything the rest of users have been getting so far at discounted rates, more over they will get probably FREE upgrades for their favourite add-on's in the future to ANY PLATFORM  while you will be paying full price instead. Because trust me, all developers will stop their promotions as soon as the air is clearer and the market will shift again with prices going up instead of down.

Please don't take me wrong, I do respect your decision, but I had to tell you,... you should take the advantage of the current market situation and obtain products you have been wishing for now at a discounted rate and promotions for FREE upgrades instead of withholding for the unknown and missing out. And before the topic kicks off (it always do), besides of me being a "little guy" (as most people call me annoying lately), maybe you guys should take in consideration that perhaps I have seen all that is coming in the future from all sides.. so my advise "might be very valuable indeed".

Kind Regards,
S.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

It took me over a year to upgrade from P3Dv3 to P3Dv4, and I can see myself playing the same waiting game this year. I have spent what liitle money I had (with a huge amount of help from a handful of my friends) building a new PC recently, so the key focus of my attention would be:-

• Is P3Dv5 a major step forward from v4?
  • Are all of my latest addons compatible with it?
  • Are my existing licences for the PMDG 737/747/777 still valid?

As for the new MFS, I am far from convinced that it will be the "complete flightsim", even two years from now.

Based on past experience:

Not likely to be as big as the leap from 32 to 64 bit was.

Unlikely, though it depends on what they are.

Probably not.

• Like 1

I doubt there will be another point refresh as v5 is all but confirmed if you follow most of the major FS news sites/personalities.

Despite that, nothing dictates the NEED to abandon your current platform right off the bat. As others have said, it will take time for the new ecosystem to flesh itself out and compatibility is still pretty unknown at this stage. 

45 minutes ago, simbol said:

Because trust me, all developers will stop their promotions as soon as the air is clearer and the market will shift again with prices going up instead of down.

This may be true, but you are being naive if you think the market won't adapt to and correct any upward trend they may not see as viable or for lack of a better term "fair."

I value your input and opinion (also, I like your product) but this comment feels slightly antagonistic, so it's helpful to mind where the power balance lies in the dynamic of vendor to consumer. 🙂

Edited by ZLA Steve
  • Like 2

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

I still remember years 2010-2012 when FSX was dying, P3D was in its still-embryonic shape and everyone was so depressive regarding FS perspectives. 

Funny to reflect on all those memories now 🙂 reading this topic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TurboKen said:

I look forward to v4.6 or V5 and in a few years time after lots of add-on's are compatible/made for FS2020 I will enjoy that too.

But... For now I am flying the hell out of P3D v4.6 with all my add-on's and enjoying every minute of it! Who's with me? 😎

Oh....I see it's already been released.😉

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, sanh said:

I read Mathijs Kok's posts at aerosoft and my impression on his recent posts suggest they dont know if there will be a v5 or what's going to be in it. Surely it's not due in the very near future then? He also seemed a little unhappy with some issues with v4. They seem to be moving to the MSFS bandwagon. They would be one of the devs using MSFS now and he said it's the real deal.

X-plane and msfs will be the two major sims next year in my VIEW (before I get all the negative posts).

Even if LM are working on new stuff a lot of it will probably for the military market so hard to see them pulling enough out for the consumer market based on previous progress.

It's not that long ago Mathijs was singing the praises of LM for how helpful/responsive they are. If they are being less helpful than before, then obviously there'll be a reason for it.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

For what it's worth, I recently (about a month ago) rebuilt my system, and reinstalled P3D v4.  I'm trying to keep my installation somewhat pared down - but that's really out of personal preference.  I usually try to keep things simple early on... and then forget and pile in too many add-ons and have to go through the simplification process all over again.,..😎

I'm buying add-ons very, very selectively... but then I've been doing that for a few years, after realizing I had too many expensive hangar queens on hand.  So being selective isn't a reaction to upcoming sims... well, maybe a little, but I haven't gone cold turkey.

As of now, P3D is still giving me good flying experiences.

• Like 1

The MSFS boys are just everywhere ... even in a P3D thread.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Of course, it is to be perfect from the day of release, eclipse and make all other flight simulators redundant and generally be the perfect and only way that we should all virtually fly.

That seems to be reminiscent of another trait of human nature, what is it now?